[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a burden to my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv / I'm a 20 year old male twin who lives alone at home with my older sister and parents, my brother goes to college south of me meanwhile I go to community college roughly 20 miles from home. I've been taking alot of math recently, which has been stressing me out a bit because I keep getting shit grades in it, but I feel I am learning the material. My parents are loving, but I feel they can see my pain, and they are always constantly worrying about me behind my back, they fear that I'm "suicidal " even though the opposite could not be more true, I love my life. long story short they want me out of the house to go away to a college roughly within 200 miles of my home. I think this is bullshit, I want to be able to choose the college I want to go to, they want me to transfer by the end of 2017 they think I can't be an engineer or a Nasa scientist, but I honestly think they couldn't be more wrong, I will work for Nasa one day regardless of what they think. Let me cut it simple TLDR

TLDR parents want me out of the house, think I'm a burden to them and they think I can be heavily emotional at times, and they think that becoming me becoming a rocket scientist is ludicrous, what can I do to prove them wrong, and prove that Im not a crazy suicidal college student?

I don't really have any friends, but Im not an autist,where can I go to get normal friends as well?
>>
>>17733358
Bump here, op
>>
>>17733358
Anyone?
>>
>>17733358
Is this board even alive?
>>
>>17733358
desu I can't even tell what you're asking
>>
>>17733450
What can I do to prove I'm not crazy to my parents
>>
>>17733456
do you have a job?
>>
>>17733469
Yes but I hate it , I work part time as a cashier in retail, I keep wanting to quit it, because I know I'm worth more in life

Retail should only be for the physically/mentally handicapped, anything else is just a waste of your time
>>
>>17733486
okay well do you have an associates degree or anything that might land you an internship?
>>
>>17733504
Going for associates in science then transfering somewhere, I want to have a bachelor's at minimum.

Part of me really would love to intern for NASA or NOAA or the NSF would love to get an internship somewhere at one of the nasa centers or maybe something in the antarctic studying climate change
>>
>>17733518
well I would say the best route would be to get a steady job with whatever degree you can get and try living on your own for awhile

don't try to juggle starting a new job, living on your own, and going to school all at the same time try 2/3 at max
>>
>>17733518
So start applying to these places
>>
>>17733525
I don't have the degree yet, still going to school for it, I probably won't have it until after I transfer.

I just want to have a job were I'm allowed to think critically and make my own decisions as opposed to retail, your average customer is usually a nightmare they can go out of their way to be dicks sometimes
>>
>>17733536
well okay if you can't do any of those things, try to pick up a cool hobby, maybe start volunteering or hell even some social things at your college

make some new friends or a new skill
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.