[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military or college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 5udQtke.jpg (61KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
5udQtke.jpg
61KB, 675x450px
Pic unrelated.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask something like this, but I've been in a dilemma for months now.

I can't decide on if I should join the military or not. I'm definitely physically capable but for a long time I planned on getting a computer science degree but now I don't know if that's the type of thing I want to do with my life.

Anyone have any advice? especially if you've been in the military
>>
>>17733356
Go for the degree if you cant find a job, then go military, but military can be kinda shit unless you are into that kind of lifestyle
>>
military will usually pay for your degree. better hope trump doesn't get in tho
>>
Personally I wish I had done the military route out of highschool. I didn't because the iraq war was in full swing and I was very against it, but I could have gone Navy or something. I ended up going to college because that's what smart people are supposed to do even though I had no idea what I wanted out of life. Ended up getting depression and dropping out. I tried to join the military when I was 25 but got rejected for health reasons. I've been able to make something of myself since then but it's been harder than it needed to be.
>>
Almost every friend and person I know who joined the military ended up regretting it.

When ppl talk about joining the military it usually comes off as this last resort idea that they don't really want to do but are talking themselves into doing. That's what it sounds like you're doing. Don't do that.

Go talk to people at your college who are qualified to help you with career planning so you can get this sorted out. Don't listen to anybody here who tries to get you to join the military. They're always trying to get more people and they've brainwashed the people who joined into thinking it was like the most honorable best choice they could be making with their lives. Don't fall for it.
>>
>He's not doing Comp Sci and then applying to Navy OCS for an aviation contract
It's what I'm doing, OP.
>>
>>17733356
college
>get laid 24/7
>make more money
>run society

military
>get cucked
>every girl has already done everything with everyone
>have nothing outside of mopping meme base
>muh service
>>
Don't be tricked into thinking you are the desperate one, consider what you actually want to support in this world.
>>
>>17734300
Don't get tricked by the mating meme either, there are enough people in the world.
>>
You need to stop and think. I will not attend until the war is over, my government needs to reflect my desires.
>>
>>17734307
enough tyrones and pablos
>>
File: 1478026732842.jpg (103KB, 540x572px) Image search: [Google]
1478026732842.jpg
103KB, 540x572px
>>17733356
Hmmm......tough question

Work your ass off and kill people in 130 degree heat then build refrigerators while you suffer from crippling alcoholism from killing people and PTSD from bombs going off or go fuck a bunch of sorority sluts and work in a nice cool office and make 80K a year starting.

Wow that's quite the delema you have there op
>>
>>17734092
This too.

Better keep your boots on because you'll be deploying the second you get out of basic training

Now is not a good time to be in the Military.
>>
My advice is neither because they're both heavy decisions and you sound like you aren't enthusiastic for either.

Only join the military if you are accepting of the fact that you will be deployed and will see combat. If that bothers you or you try to bargain with it "I'll just do chair force!" Then it's not for you and shouldn't be considered.

I wouldn't recommend college unless you've qorked and have a general feeling for what you want to do. If nkt then work a wageslave job while doing your ge at a cc. It's cheaper and when you mature you'll realize the edge that said maturity gives you in college. From rheir you can also transfer to any other school, though keep in mind the job market aurrounding said school.
>>
>>17733356
What to do with your life....?

1) Take orders from a knuckle-dragging moron until your LEGS GET SHOT OFF or worse.

2) Go to college where you have to study almost 10 whole months a year.

3) Start working somewhere that might lead to something (preferably while in college.)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.