[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is it that you have common interests with your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: CmPv1AzWAAEtJmJ.jpg large.jpg (10KB, 273x314px) Image search: [Google]
CmPv1AzWAAEtJmJ.jpg large.jpg
10KB, 273x314px
How important is it that you have common interests with your partner? If you do need them, how "deep" does this common interest need to be?

I'm kind of into this girl I've been seeing lately, but we come from different social circles. I'm fairly sure she's at least interested. Our circles are again pretty different, so I can't imagine how well this sort of thing would work for the both of us.
>>
>>17733296
Personally it's very important, even if it's just shared hobbies.

My girlfriend and I both like video games, movies, eating out at restaurants, hiking, camping, walks, traveling, and reading.

As vanilla as these may be, they give us more than enough in common to never get bored on dates.
>>
>>17733296
They are pretty important but not fundamental.
In the long term after you know all each other stories and you spent 6 minutes talking about your day, you will thank God for having common interests and be able to have a discussion about whatever. It is also cool when it comes to planning something to do during a date, so a shared hobby is usually nice.
One thing that saves that all is having the same sense of humour. I literally can shittalk for hours with my boyfriend. I think we haven't had a decent conversation through text in months.
>>
>>17733296
Every couple should have some things they both love to do or be involved with, some things one loves and the other doesn't mind, and somethings they do/love separately without trying to involve the other.

The trick is finding the balance.
>>
>>17734042

This and every post having to do with the word balance.

Did I mention balance? Balance is important.

Keyword: balance.
>>
>>17733296
Personally, I couldn't care less. Chemistry is based more on behavior, attitude and goals, not hobbies and things we like. If you're a good match, you're BOUND to have some common interests, say there is no way that you're both intelligent and don't like to read.

>>17733419
>you will thank God for having common interests and be able to have a discussion about whatever.
You're kinda contradicting yourself. If you can talk about whatever, you don't need common interests.
>>
>>17733296
I'm not sure. Part of it depends on how independent you and your partner are, because some people are clingy as fuck and always want to be around you and you basically either spend the entire relationship beating them back and feeling like the bad guy, spending time with them and not doing the shit you like, or bringing them along to your hobbies and having them be a wet blanket/hopeless casual the whole time.

But, if neither of you are like that, then it's not as big of a deal.

There's more to being compatible with someone than common interests, but there's also more to it than feeling mutual attraction/affection. Nothing has made me feel so alone as lying next to my gf of three years feeling like I couldn't even talk to her about what was on my mind because I knew from experience she just wouldn't get it. Ultimately ended our relationship.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.