[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to get laid off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1434685369395.jpg (171KB, 804x536px) Image search: [Google]
1434685369395.jpg
171KB, 804x536px
>work as a temp for a company for about seven months
>last week there was an opening and I applied and got it
>literally had the offer letter in my hand
>yesterday the head of HR comes to me and asks for the letter back and tells me they moved too quick
>figure that they had to give the temp company two weeks before hiring me
>find out today that the company got bought out by IFF (fragrance company)
>pretty much told I'm fucked by every manager
>literally their advice was you'll be find you're young
>managers tells me they'll give me excellent references or at least try to place me somewhere in the industry

My question is how fucked am I? I was going to be hired on the seventh. How do companies even look at this. I can't say I worked for my current company because I was a temp. I don't even think I get unemployment. It's compounded by the fact that my student loans start coming in this month. I basically lost a 45k job that I worked for seven months to get at a terrible fucking wage.

I'm freaking the fuck out right now.
>>
Jesus fuck, Opie. I'm so sorry. It's gonna be really hard to come back from this.
>>
Also these are for you, best of luck in your endeavors.

http://www.winnersworld.com/motivational/R_H_Jarrett.pdf
http://www.what-is-coaching.com/support-files/lazymansway2riches.pdf
>>
>>17732855
Yeah it sucks but does it look bad that I got laid off IE fired because the company got bought out? Nothing is really final till January but still I'm somewhere between pissed and terrified.

>>17732856
Thanks anon
>>
>>17732870
A firing is a firing, and if you were any good, the new owners would have bought you out. Well, it's the holidays, you can pretty easily get a retail job, or fast food like in a mall.
>>
>>17732903
I'm a temp so I don't know exactly where I stand that's the problem...

But I thought employers don't shit on you so hard for getting laid off.
>>
>>17732914
Nah man, you're so fucked. Haha jk tell your company to place you somewhere else while you work the angles with the people that your former employer recommends you to.
>>
>>17732938
kk

Thanks anon!
>>
Seems a bit sketchy that they asked for the letter back OP.

Next time refuse to give it back and ask for a second letter rescinding the first letter. Then speak to a union rep or employment lawyer.

The whole episode seems shady.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.