[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on how to move a vending machine with just 2 (maybe 3)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Advice on how to move a vending machine with just 2 (maybe 3) people?

Pic related is what Im talking about. Is there anyway I can get this out of a building without hiring movers? Thanks
>>
File: sack.jpg (96KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sack.jpg
96KB, 1200x1200px
>>17732754
You'll need one of these
>>
Tilt it and turn it with one of the corners touching the floor, go back and for like that.
>>
>>17732754
Use a refrigerator dolly you retard
>>
Totally forgot to add in that there is going to be a small set of stairs. I plan on using a handtruck but Im still open to all advice
>>
be a fucking man and move that shit?

have you never moved furniture before?
>>
>>17732760
Use this, one person on the back, one person holding the front. Both share the weight while traversing the stairs. TAKE IT SLOW
>>
>>17732754
>go to Home Depot
>rent appliance dolly
>rent a truck if you don't have one
>>
What you want is a four-wheel appliance dolly. Make sure you get one with a high enough weight limit. Vending machines of that size weigh around 800 pounds, while many appliance dollies have a limit of 700 pounds. The ones you're looking for might either be called "heavy duty appliance dolly" or "vending machine dolly". Make sure you get one with a set of stair climbers on the back. It's a pair of oval-shaped rollers with a rubber band going over it.You lean the machine back so that the corner of the step is touching the stair climbers, and then you lift the machine up to the next step using the rollers in the stair climber. An example of what I mean can be found at http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-appliance-stair-climbing/4-wheel-professional-appliance-hand-truck-1200-lb-capacity

Alternatively, if money isn't an issue or you can rent one in your area, look into powered dollies such as http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-appliance-stair-climbing/wesco-power-stair-climbing-appliance-hand-trucks. Those will allow you to go up and down stairs without any heavy lifting.

Make sure you walk through the path and ensure that every hallway and doorway has enough space for the machine.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.