[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression over height.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Crying reaction.jpg (31KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
Crying reaction.jpg
31KB, 650x487px
How do I stop being depressed over my height, /adv/? I'm a 5'5" male.

I can't stop thinking about it every single day. I can't stop comparing my height to every male and every object I pass.

Please help me. I'm at my wit's end. I don't know what else I can do.

I know I'm genetically inferior to taller people, and I accept that. That's not the issue with it. The issue is that I can't feel like a man or build any self confidence over it.

Please, /adv/, help me. I just don't know what to do anymore.
>>
I'm a 5'3" man, and have never had a problem. Why does it bother you so much?
>>
>>17732525
I don't know. /r9k/ made me aware of the manlet thing and ever since I just can't stop thinking about it. It kills me inside. I was fine before I went on there.

It's made me feel suicidal in the past, even though I know I'd never go through with it.

I feel like drinking alcohol is my only escape from the emotional torment of it. I just wish I was 5'9" or 5'10" or something. I'd kill for that.
>>
>>17732538
Your growth plates don't close until you're 22-25. As long as you keep a healthy diet and exercise you have a change of growing taller.
Not that being short is as big of a problem as /r9k/ makes it out to be. I know a 5'1" guy who is a captain in the army, and he doesn't get any shit for his height. I never had an issue with it, nor does any other short guy I know. Personality and achievements matter a lot more. It's like crying over not getting that 1 % chad face.
>>
>>17732553
*chance
>>
>>17732553
But both of my parents are my height.

The rest of my male family had to be taller, of course.

I just don't see it getting any better. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel in this regard.

I just feel like bursting into tears right now. I'm fucking sick of this shit. I can't deal with it anymore.
>>
>>17732538
stop going on r9k, it'll convince you that you're worth nothing unless you're a male model. i'm betting you're quite young, too, there's no reason to give up hope this early. there are plenty of women who will date you - all the tiny latina girls in my area have short bfs, freakishly tall girls pick them, hell normal sized women do too. basing your life on r9k memes is a quick way to depression. you will have to approach these women, though. don't give up before you've even tried!
>>
>>17732560
Yeah this >>17732564
/r9k/ is poison and your height is not a problem.

Tell me 10 good things about yourself
>>
I am 5-8 manlet. Freaking 5-10+ Nordic girls around me in the Midwest. I tell people I wear 2 inches sole inserts in my Chuck Taylor's sneakers. Nobody but I knows about it. Life feels good..inb4 it's all a lie etc. "Ask for faith and faith shall be given to you" aka "Fake it till you make it". It gives me confidence and I am happy because of it.
>>
>>17732576
*I don't tell people
>>
Start lifting and then start doing olympic gymnastics. You will stay short, but you will be a strong as fuck short mother fucker.
>>
>>17732538
Stop browsing /r9k/ and forever. I got insecurity issues about my dick size and even a bit about my height even though I'm fucking 6'0. Your height doesn't matter, your insecurity does.
It takes time to stop thinking this way, but don't worry, it will gradually fade.
Anyway, tell me, exactly how does your height is an inferiority?
>>
>>17732598
Because I can't be a real man. I'm not taken seriously as a man by anyone. I'd probably have committed suicide by now if it weren't for my parents still being alive. I couldn't do that to them.

Further, my chances with men are diminished.

So, tell me, what does a man who can't feel like a man or get women have to offer to society?

My genetics are simply inferior to those of a taller person. I shouldn't pollute the gene pool with mine.
>>
>>17732572
1. I'm an intelligent enough guy. I have a professionally tested IQ of 114.

2. I'm decent enough looking.

3. I'm good at debating.

4. I believe I'm funny enough.

That's about it. I can't think of much else.
>>
>>17732604
>inferior genes
and your face isn't chad, and your cock could be longer, your hairline better, your muscle fibres more optimal. You could have been born with money, contacts and a title.

Who the fuck cares about the what ifs. Jesus fucking christ I hate robots.

Look for solutions or go back to your cancer board.
>>
>>17732519
Here's a life tip: Everyone is insecure about something at some point. No one is born as Michelangelo's David, and all you can do is accept how you are and make the best of it. Crying about this will only make you look worse.

People respect those who conduct themselves in a way that demands respect. Skilled, toned body, good posture, quality personality. IF you can acquire all these traits, you'll realize that the only disadvantage your height has is the physical limitations.
>>
>>17732916
As an aside, im 6'4 and I also wish I was around 6 ft. I constantly feel like I tower over everyone and everyone stares at me. Because of this, I think everyone is judging how I walk, my posture, my face etc. I hate constantly drawing attention to myself.

I also feel the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. I have to order my clothes from specialty stores or they wont fit right. My steering wheel brushes my legs, I also cant ride in small cars with any level of comfort. Everything is designed for 5'6-6ft and its very obvious to me. Considering I don't play sports, the only advantage I really have is reaching stuff high up and far back on shelves.

I just want to be normal. But since I cant be, i've learned to stop caring about others opinions. Do something with yourself that your proud of, and your confidence will take you further than adding a few inches ever could.
>>
>>17732604
I feel exercise and work helps. I've had trouble with schoolwork before, so getting down and achieving something feels great. Exercise has always helped as well, even just some push ups or jogging around.
>>
>>17732519
Find a short individual who you can admire.
>>
>>17732612
So you see your problem is self confidence and not height right?

5'5" isn't even that short. He'll there are people in this thread that are shorter and don't think twice about it. But you aren't going to acknowledge the possibility that height is the problem. You just want to be able to blame your failures on genetics because its easier to wallow in self pity than to improve yourself.
>>
File: 14780094744031453546842.jpg (223KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14780094744031453546842.jpg
223KB, 640x480px
>>17732519
I'm 19 and my father is still taller then me. Normally children grow taller then their fathers but I guess I got the more of my mums shitty genes. I'm 5'6 So the only advice I can give you is not give a shit. Like I mean I did what your doing but after a while I realized being a bitch about it wasn't gonna make me grow. So I stopped caring i know it's kinda shit but whatever I guess I'll bring it up with God when I die.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.