[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make people understand speech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (84KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 1136x640px
I almost gave someone a concussion today. I'd had shit piling up little drop by drop like chinese water torture all day, three hours of sleep, had my lunch stolen and every single tiny fucking shitty thing that can possibly happen to a person just deciding to fucking happen all at once.

And then this fucking darwin award contestant decides to come banter at me.

I calmly, explicitly told him in simple words and plain english that I was not in the fucking mood for any of his funny guy shit and politely asked him to fuck off.

For some whatever fucking reason, what he heard was "why don't you try tickling under my chin I'm sure we'll both find that hilarious", so I threw a wrench at him. I missed, and he luckily came to his senses and fucked off to go be an annoying cunt somewhere else. But I could have hit him, I could have put an eye out and regardless, I probably came inches from losing my job.

Sure, he would probably have learned his lesson but that would have been too late for both me and him, and I'm pretty fucking sure I'd have to straight up kill a guy in jail to make the others reconsider stepping on me, and end up doing it anyway.

That has a tendency to be the way things go. What it takes to get people to get through their idiot fucking skulls that you're not playing, the shit will already have had to hit. How so many people survive to adulthood in the first place will never cease to fucking baffle me.

So how do you make people listen to you BEFORE you give them a reason to?
>>
>>17732177
>So how do you make people listen to you BEFORE you give them a reason to?
It depends on some basis decency from them but since it's something you work with, you'd could've establish some respect already.

Sounds like you have control issues, bruv and it's always funny to push people like that. You acting out, is like them pushing a button and getting a free show. So learn self control, it's a skill everybody in the adulthood needs too.
>>
File: 1435442148126.gif (3MB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
1435442148126.gif
3MB, 306x423px
Try acting like an adult instead of a spoiled little brat.
Instead of laughing the friendly coworker banter off, you decided to assault the guy with a wrench. This is literally what toddlers do

Fuck off OP, grow up. 10$ that you grew up without a father figure
>>
>>17732185
So they actually WANT to get their asses beat? Weren't they hit enough as kids?

>>17732190
I calmly. Nicely. POLITELY told this guy to please not talk to me today, today is not a good day for talking to me. Didn't hear, didn't listen, ne comprende l'anglais. He wanted the wrench.

I did have a dad.
>>
>>17732303
You seem rustled. In any case, reasonable adults don't usually behave like you did. Next time, laugh it off.
You sound like that guy at work that everyone loves to throw jokes at because he gets all pissy. Also the kind of guy who never gets invited for a beer with the guys after work.

Not necessarily the case, but that's the impression you give off in your posts
>>
>>17732303
>So they actually WANT to get their asses beat?
If you overreact that way, it's going to be a little pain and tons of laughs on their side plus a story about a crazy guy they could tell over and over again.

For you it'd end not so well, starting with losing a job and with potential of jail time.

If you want to people to take you serious like an adult and listen, you have to act like an adult.
>>
>>17732190
since when did adults steal lunch and be playgul like 8 year olds lol

dw op just laugh it off next time. they sound autistic
>>
>>17732472
>i have never worked with other people the post
>>
>>17732472
>since when did adults steal lunch and be playgul like 8 year olds lol
How to tell if somebody is underage.

Do you think adults are always serious too?
>>
>>17732311
>>17732317
I fucking hate funny people with the fury of a thousand suns.

One day I will very likely actually kill one and if that's the only thing I did in my life that mattered I'll die happy.
>>
>>17732482
no i'm 22 and work as a supervisor. if someone feels bad then just leave them alone what's the problem
>>
>>17732792
>and work as a supervisor.
Clearly totally disconnected from your co workers then.

>if someone feels bad then just leave them alone what's the problem
Usually that's what happens but as another anon noted, OP seems like the guy who rages over nothing all the time and people tend to make fun of guys like that. Just basic human behavior.
>>
>>17732806
nah, work is very chill. no one ever has any issues. our only issues are shitty salesmen trying to sell us stuff and that's it. i'm the type of guy to help the guy choking on his own puke on the floor at a party. so i cannot relate to people who make fun of others, nearly impossible for me
>>
>>17732821
Well, that happens too, depends a lot on the environment obviously.
Also you don't really need to act like them to understand social dynamics; I'd never make fun of somebody and would call out people who do, but it doesn't mean that I can't relate to their reasoning. Being able to relate does help to find the best approach how to deal with it.
>>
>>17732806
I still don't get what part of "I am having a bad day, please be cosiderate of my feelings and be gentle with me" screams "RUIN MY DAY! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU BE A CUNT TO ME SO WE CAN BOTH BE UPSET!!!" and what kind of a reasonable adult responds to that.

I just want to be treated with basic respect. Why is that such an owerpoweringly impossible thing to ask?
>>
>>17733067
Childish behavior tends to produce childish behavior back, it doesn't sound like it was a one time thing from you and trying to dissect this one day from the entire fabric of the relationship you established with your co workers doesn't make any sense.

Sure, if the guy would be "a better person" and all that, he'd just fuck off but most people act average and not like "a better person". By acting out crazy once, you establish yourself as somebody who's hard to respect and getting rid of that impression is pretty damn hard. It's not fair, it sucks but that's how it is.
>>
>>17733103
Then how do I get people to be mindful of my feelings?

I can't take a sick leave every time I'm having a bad day.
>>
>>17733107
Being somewhat mindful about others feelings is usually the modus operandi for people, unless you did something to fuck it up. At this point it'd probably be easier to learn how to deal with feeling shitty than trying to change them. Getting respect back once you lost it is a huge fucking pain.
>>
>>17733118
I can't get another job.

Should I kill myself?
>>
>>17733130
Slow the fuck down, bruv. Learn anger management and generally dealing with stress and you'll be fine in the long run.
>>
Sounds like you're a crazy person and an asshole. Most people will find it impossible to respect you and the things you say
>>
>>17732177
>Crazy psycho op tries to assault someone.
>Believes he's the victim.

Please go to jail.
>>
10/10 would steal your lunch for fun to watch you throw a crazy fit
>>
>>17733141
If you find a button with a big red text saying "DO NOT PUSH", and then you push the button and have your head torn off, whose fault was it that your head was torn off? How could this situation have possibly been avoided?
>>
>>17733159
It's the fault of whoever put the death button there in the first place - i.e YOU. You are so deluded.
>>
>>17734061
I can't help it.

I regret not killing him, now.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.