[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does swearing to God count if you did it in a very bad state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does swearing to God count if you did it in a very bad state of mind? I swore to God I would stop doing something forever but I feel like I really want to do it, and I think it may have been dumb to swear off of this thing.
>>
Well if all this sounds silly to you maybe that's a real answer
>>
>>17732136
You think God knews I would brake the promise? Not the first time I've broken my word, but this time I took out the bible and swore on it.
>>
>implying god exists
>>
>>17732132
Since God doesn't exist, it doesn't matter.

>>17732152
>You think God knews I would brake the promise?
Isn't your God all knowing?
>>
>>17732160
God exists. It's just that our minds in this time period are tainted by academics so we know only what we've learned, and higher learning is not taught in any schools.
>>
File: HillaryAbortedAtDueDate.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HillaryAbortedAtDueDate.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>17732176
God is all knowing,
but if our minds are not all knowing,
then we can't perceive, nor interpret, nor comprehend His all knowingness.

You could have a 1950's radioactive cadmium yellow coffee cup you drink out of every morning.
You wouldn't realize it is slowly giving your hands and mouth degenerative disease.
You simply would never know what you are exposed to. You would claim to know all about readioactivity, but right in your hands, you wouldn't recognize it.

You know all about this world you might say, but right now, this very minute, what is happening in the dark matter surrounding you?
Or easier, is there a man named Alphonse, in Peonix, wearing red shoes for the third time this week?
If you can't answer these, you don't know everything. Yet you make an assertion that you do, by claiming something you know nothing about, doesn't exist.
Next I want to ask you about a planet circling a star 20 light years away, I want to ask you everything about it. By your standards of your own knowledge, you should answer every single one of my questions, and submit them to NASA as correct, proven knowledge, Mr. Guesser.
>>
>>17732218
Either too much weed or in need of having medication adjusted here ...
>>
>>17732132
you're fucking dead kiddo god is going to fucking SMITE your ass with a lightning bolt
>>
>>17732132
I swear to God all the time, really.
I've never suffered any reprocussions because I believe that if there is a God he should be happy with all of his creations and not be mad at the fact that we're living things human beings that say whatever they want.
He's not a dictator, just a god who protects us when shit gets fucking real.
There are no arbitrary rule sets to follow, as long as you don't do anything horrendous like kill. then your life is just over.
Not much of a religious man here but I still believe there is some higher power watching over us.
I've had a few guardian angel encounters.
>>
>>17733264
Pls explain ur encounters, Im interested
>>
>>17732132
Just be a good person OP and don't worry about petty things like this

If God is just he won't care
If God is unjust he will care, and you shouldn't care in that case anyway
>>
>>17732132
Non of us are God.

You won't know what you fucked up until you're standing before the gates.
>>
>>17732132

You don't need to touch a bible for it to count. If you so much as think "I swear to God I won't do x," he hears it, and you're bound by it. You will have to answer for it on judgement day, anon. When you swear to God, it's like adding an 11th commandment just for you; He won't show mercy. The best you can do is serve God with all your heart now, even though you could very possibly be sent to hell for that alone. I believe if you know you're going to hell and you serve God anyway out of love, He may forgive you. It's not my decision to make, though.
>>
>>17732132
>Judges 11
Jephthah’s Vow. 29 The spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah. He passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and through Mizpah of Gilead as well, and from Mizpah of Gilead he crossed over against the Ammonites. 30 Jephthah made a vow to the Lord. “If you deliver the Ammonites into my power,” he said, 31 “whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return from the Ammonites in peace shall belong to the Lord. I shall offer him up as a burnt offering.”

32 Jephthah then crossed over against the Ammonites to fight against them, and the Lord delivered them into his power. 33 He inflicted a very severe defeat on them from Aroer to the approach of Minnith—twenty cities in all—and as far as Abel-keramin. So the Ammonites were brought into subjection by the Israelites. 34 When Jephthah returned to his house in Mizpah, it was his daughter who came out to meet him, with tambourine-playing and dancing. She was his only child: he had neither son nor daughter besides her. 35 When he saw her, he tore his garments and said, “Ah, my daughter! You have struck me down and brought calamity upon me. For I have made a vow to the Lord and I cannot take it back.” 36 “Father,” she replied, “you have made a vow to the Lord. Do with me as you have vowed, because the Lord has taken vengeance for you against your enemies the Ammonites.” 37 Then she said to her father, “Let me have this favor. Do nothing for two months, that I and my companions may go wander in the mountains to weep for my virginity.” 38 “Go,” he replied, and sent her away for two months. So she departed with her companions and wept for her virginity in the mountains. 39 At the end of the two months she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. She had not had relations with any man.

It became a custom in Israel 40 for Israelite women to go yearly to mourn the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite for four days of the year.
>>
>>17732132
>Matthew 5
Teaching About Oaths. 33 “Again you have heard that it was said to your ancestors, ‘Do not take a false oath, but make good to the Lord all that you vow.’ 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all; not by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is his footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Do not swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black. 37 Let your ‘Yes’ mean ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ mean ‘No.’ Anything more is from the evil one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.