[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats a LDR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What is a long distance relationship really?
Because I keep seeing it on 4chan. I used to think that it means you have had a real life relationship with each other (you were a couple while you could see each other in person) and that for some reason you ended up having to live far away for the time being.
But now I'm confused, does "ldr" mean that the 2 people never met in person? In that case, how does it work? Is it a platonic, non sexual relationship? Do you sext/have "webcam sex"? How do you trust the other person?
>>
>>17731772
It can mean either one I guess. You may have not met the person irl yet, you may have met the person irl but still live far away, or you started the relationship irl and then had to move far away.

I'm in an ldr and we have began the relationship online and met several times. It is a sexual relationship when we meet irl, and when we're far away we have sexting. And I'm not sure what you mean by "how do you trust the other person". I mean, I trust her, not sure what else to say.
>>
>>17731786
Thanks. Yah you are right, I think the trust question is just me having really big trust issues with people in general.
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
It's where you pretend you're in a relationship by investing yourself emotionally to someone online.

It's invariably people without friends or who can't get a bf/gf

I was involved in one as a teenager and we later met and moved in together, so they're not all retarded, but they mostly are and they're 100% people who haven't experienced proper mature relationships yet.

tl;dr avoid and form a real relationship
>>
>>17731797
I used to have a lot of trust issues for maybe a year of the ldr. Now I am completely content about it.
>>
>>17731772
> I used to think that it means you have had a real life relationship with each other (you were a couple while you could see each other in person) and that for some reason you ended up having to live far away for the time being.
That's the only definition that makes sense. If you have never met, you don't have an actual relationship beyond "oh, I like that online person a real person created"

>How do you trust the other person?
By not being an insecure beta bitch, like in any other relationship.
>>
>>17731807
I meant the trust thing only if it's a person you never met in real life. Can you really trust people who you've only spoken to online? I sure can't.
>>
>>17731802
>It's invariably people without friends or who can't get a bf/gf
I have friends, have had "normal" relationships and get asked out, but still met my boyfriend online. We live together since 6 years ago and will get married soon(ish).
The idea that the only people who form bonds online are those who are awful in the real world is retarded.
>>
>>17731810
Well, you have many more means to read them in real life and lying over distance is much easier but in the end it comes down to the same shit. It's not like you're supposed to give them all your money after one week or something.

>>17731819
Meeting online isn't the same as forming an actual "relationship" tho.
>>
>>17731819
Nonsense, like I stated I met my first gf through similar means, but I'm not going to pretend it was because she was the one and I wasn't just excited because I didn't know how to start relationships in real life yet.

Good for you, but your relationship is probably successful because you liked each other and met, not because you had a special online relationship.
>>
>>17731824
>Meeting online isn't the same as forming an actual "relationship" tho.
I guess it depends on your definition of a relationship.
I was committed to him, I loved him and cared about him, and spent the majority of my time talking to him. We never felt any need to define the relationship till he asked me to marry him, but I definitely felt in a relationship since shortly after we met.
Sure, it was different when we moved in together, but I didn't feel like my interest or investment in the relationship changed before and after we stopped being LD.

>>17731826
I had relationships IRL before him, and probably wouldn't go through amazing struggles to get into one now if I tried. I am not totally socially incompetent and not too ugly.
I liked him a lot when we started talking, he was by far the most interesting and smartest guy I've ever met, and we just clicked.
We had a relatively normal relationship, met once a month, spent all vacations together, and eventually moved in together when we were old enough and he was done with his studies.
Nothing really special.
>>
>>17731772
>whats a LDR?
a joke
>>
>>17731772
Long distance relationship means you're dating someone who you met in real life but you live far away from eachother. "Far away" is subjective but I personally see it as more than two hours away.
If you're in a relationship with someone you've never met in real life (or have only met a few times) then that's called e-dating. E-dating is pretty fucking pathetic but it can be fairly cute if it works out.
>>
ITT: people fighting over word usages
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.