[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Six years ago, my best friend of eight years suddenly ghosted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1476797530969.jpg (252KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476797530969.jpg
252KB, 732x720px
Six years ago, my best friend of eight years suddenly ghosted me for no clear reason (no fights and I was never mean to her) and ignored all my attempts to contact her until I gave up after a year. Now she wants to be friends again as though nothing ever happened. Should I forgive her? I kind of don't want to.
>>
Its your decision. People go through things and sometimes they need to be alone/not talk to other people.

I would ask for a reason why she did it and judge from there. Perhaps something happened.
>>
>>17731461
"Hey. Yeah I'm kind of busy right now."
"Thanks for the invite but I'm pretty tired."

If she asks why so distant:

"To be honest, we haven't talked in such a long time, I tried contacting you and you never responded. So I figured that was your way of telling me to move on with my life, so I did."
>>
No. That was extremely rude of her. And if you're a male, she probably wants you as an orbiter too (did she recently get divorced and is looking for a provider?)

Ignore her like she ignored you.
>>
Was this an internet friend you never met?
>>
>>17731479
We met up in person a few times (I stayed over at her house for a week once), but yes, it was an internet friendship. It wasn't shallow by any means, though, we talked every day; on days we were both off work, we'd often talk all day. She was truly like family to me. I thought we'd always be together. The fact that she could not only ignore my pain for a year, but leave me like it was the easiest thing in the world... it gave me trust issues for a long time.
>>
I'd say your decision should largely depend on why she did that to you. If she has a valid reason, then you can't be mad at her...

However, I can't really think of a valid reason to ghost someone for 6 years, so in your shoes I'd probably tell her to go fuck herself.
>>
My best friend did that to me. We had been friends since the third grade for like 14 years. Just randomly ghosted me for no reason. Probably because of his girlfriend.

Now we never talk. Honestly, if he tried getting back into contact with me, I'd tell him to fuck off. I tried countless times to reach him, but he ignored each attempt. So yeah, nah, he's a cunt
>>
>>17731461
Should you forgive her? Are you stupid?
>>
>>17731514
This. Meanest is not a good trait in a "friend."
>>
ask her why. Depending on the answer, decide.
>>
>>17731466
This OP
>>
>>17731461

>expecting loyalty from women

you ask for this
>>
>>17731487
this sounds pretty one-sided from the start
>>
If you want to live with a cunt who doesn't give a rat's ass about you to tell you anything, sure
>>
>>17731461
I did this to my best friend from high school. I was at university, which was 6 hours away from where I went to hs. I saw him on campus one day with his high school gf who also went to my uni. I tried talking to him, but he seemed distant and I was really hurt that he didn't try to call me and let me know that he was in town.

So I just cut off contact with him, he tried to text me a few years later and asked to hang out sometime and I basically said no.

Apparently he sometimes sees my brother around town and always asks about me.

Thinking back to our friendship in hs, it seems like he wasn't as into me as I was him.

Honestly OP you could have done something or not have done something that upset her without realizing it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.