[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to date a 16 year old. I am 22. Am I an idiot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

I want to date a 16 year old. I am 22.

Am I an idiot?
>>
>>17731222
Yes. Date an 18 year old
>>
>>17731224
Its legal. So thats not a concern.
>>
>>17731226
Then you're not an idiot
>>
>>17731226
16 year olds are not mentally ready to date. Don't do it.
>>
>>17731234
Except. She was homeschooled her whole.life by university professor parents in a rural town.

Shes more knowledgeable and well read than many girls my age. Which is why Im considering it.
>>
>>17731233

Stapling your balls to a piece of cork board is legal but that doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

>>17731238

Its weird, dude. 16 year olds are not emotionally or psychologically capable of making informed decisions or maintaining relationships. Don't do it. Find an adult to date.
>>
>>17731238
Just go for it, but dont be a cunt and "break her heart" if things dont work out. If she never had a boyfriend, make a good first impression so that she wouldnt turn into a "all men are pigs" trans feminist vegan sjw
>>
>>17731245
>hey dude it's just weird just conform to societal norms dude
>who cares if it's legal it's just weird dude....
16 year olds aren't children.
>>
>>17731251
uh, yeah they are
>>
>>17731266
>Biologically, a child (plural: children) is a human being between the stages of birth and puberty.
>>
File: 928365.png (132KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
928365.png
132KB, 427x640px
>>17731222
>Why don't you take a seat over there?
>>
>>17731222
>Am I an idiot
Yes.

>>17731226
>Its legal
That's not the only concern.

>>17731234
This is truth.

>>17731238
Doesn't matter, she's not emotionally able to have a meaningful relationship, and you're only pursuing her because women your own age aren't into you.

Fix whatever it is about yourself a 16 year old doesn't know to regard as a red flag, and date someone your own age.

In plain English, you shouldn't be talking to this girl *at all.*

>>17731251
Bro, I am *the* iconoclast, I am *the* motherfucking wolf amidst the sheep; it's not about being a conformist, it's about being a decent person.
>>
>>17731238

Knowledgeable and well read =\= emotional maturity.

As someone who dated a 22 year old when they were 16, I really wouldn't recommend it. 16 year olds are awful creatures.

Sounds like you really wanna do it though, so fuck it, why not?
>>
I did once. Arguably I didn't know she was 16 at the time when I was 22. She lived about an hour away and we started talking on an old 4chan dating website. Said on her little dot her age was 21, and then her skype profile said 19. Turns out she was 16 and I met her early one morning and explored her town with her on a school day. She said she dropped out or something but we were the only people in the movie theater at noon.

I kind of freaked when I found out she was 16 but in the end I had a good time and she was really cute. I went out a few times with her a few years later when she was actually 19 lol. Still cute but tumblr started ruining her. Never sealed the deal, she thought she was "asexual" but I'm pretty sure I was just "unfuckable".
>>
>>17731222
My two cents is if its easily doable then do it, just don't get emotionally invested and don't be an ass.
My mom and sister tried to hook me up with a 15 year old that I knew since she was a kid but I declined, didn't regret it too badly but I wander what if.
>>
Depends on the person.
I know a lot of 16 year olds because I volunteered in a high school. One of them is absolutely amazing and I actually became decent friends with her. She is really smart, mature and far better than most people my age in terms of emotional intelligence (I am 23). Rest of them are absolute garbage.
In general, I would tell you to proceed slowly and get to know her well before falling for her.
It's silly to say that all 16 year olds are horrible kids. Most are.
Be ready to deal with some small issues due to her inexperience.
>>
>>17731238
>Shes more knowledgeable and well read than many girls my age.

What the shit? She read books on dating?

What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>17731222
They're usually angsty, edgy or just love drama. They also have some more maturing to do. Oh and the parents may be in the picture, who may or may not give you a hard time.

Why would you want that? A 18 year old has a better bod and usually less drawbacks.
>>
>>17731222
I know that feel OP, when you are an adult and suddenly all these new 16 year old girls that wouldn't give you the time of day if you were their age start liking you.
I just tell myself they only like me for being older so it would be stupid to date them.
>>
>>17731297
I can absolutely date women my age, they just suck.
>>
>>17731396
What the fuck? Are you high?

She reads literature.
>>
>>17731692
Are you retarded?

Her being well read has nothing to do with bridging the age gap. She could be a fucking astronaut for all I care, that doesn't explain how she is mature enough to date you.
>>
>>17731238
>>17731749

if she was homeschooled she probably has even less social skills than 16yr olds who go to school

did she show any interest in you?
>>
>>17731781
Yeaj, I actually met her dad first through an art show.
>>
>>17731238
>homeschooled her whole.life
So she's even more socially retarded than the average teen?

>knowledgeable and well read
Doesn't make her any more mature. Most of my friends and me read more books (classics and science stuff) by the age of 12 than most adults read in their life; we were still pretty much kids.

>>17731689
How many do you actually know and dated?
>>
>>17731222
yeah you are, 16 year olds are dumb ass hell. Although I can't really judge, I almost dated a highschooler and it might happen again lol. Those fuckin' highschool athletes are too much
>>
>>17731277
Imagine being this delusional
>>
>>17731246

This, tbqh.

Date her but don't be a cunt.
>>
File: 9FPR1Vw.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
9FPR1Vw.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>17732635
Like a lot. I see them every day in class and in the scene. I am seeing about four girls my age casually, but theyre all fucking boring.
>>
>>17732920
>class and in the scene
Scenarios where social norms force people to act a certain way, and humans tend to act extra stupid in random groups. Not ideal to tell anything about a person.

>I am seeing about four girls my age casually
How casually though? Superficial meet ups in Starbucks don't tend to reveal too much and thinking that everybody is boring says more about the person with the idea than about others. What do you actually know about them?
>>
If you do it you are.
>>
>>17732943
I don't understand that, I always act the same way around everyone except maybe my parents.
>>
>>17732943
Casually, as in I have sex with them and hang out with them, but the whole time I'm wondering when they are going to leave.
>>
>>17732963
Than you either don't realize it or are the most basic person ever. Most likely the former.

>http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704436004576298962165925364
Can't be assed to look for studies but this should be enough to introduce the basic idea.

>>17732968
And that's enough interaction for you to access whether they are boring or not? Besides, you skipped the more interesting part. What do you actually know about them?
>>
>>17733014
I know their interests, aspirations and childhood.

None of it meshes with mine.

Thanks anon I will give that article a read.
>>
>>17733024
Read the article. Does not seem all that relatable.

But then again I have a very low empathy score
>>
I've been subbing middle and high school this year. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, kids are fucking retarded.
>>
Upbringing is the most important factor here.
>>
Only if you think she is truly ready for it
>>
File: 1473731543695.gif (1MB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
1473731543695.gif
1MB, 480x351px
A 17-year old chick gave me (21) her number on a receipt like a week ago. We exchanged a couple of texts over like three days and I'm pretty sure I've managed to sperg out to the point of her no longer responding.

So just don't be an autismo, OP.
>>
I'd say your fucking retarded. Do some research on your states laws first. Don't throw your life down the toilet!
>>
Not OP but I'm 20 and seeing a girl 17. She's a year below me in college because she got a scholarship for her age. How better do I fare?
>>
>>17733329
Well, she's not a home schooled and seems rather advanced, plus you're still close to your teens. Seems alright, while OP is moving close to "hunting for easy targets" category.
>>
>>17731222
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fucking hell dude some girl from my high school was 16 and dated her 21 year old weed dealer

She got high as fuck one night at a party. Her bf moved her upstairs to a bedroom

next morning her bitch sjw friend (who wasn't even at the party) convinces her that her bf raped her

Eventually he got arrested and is now a public sex offender

Lesson learned its not worth it just wait 2 years
>>
>>17731281
just... just take a seat
>>
>>17731222
Obviously
>>
OP you're talking about dating somebody who is only 4 years older than a 12 year old.

>>17731689
>I can date anyone my age, they just suck

Wow, really? You're saying out of every single available women your age not a SINGLE one of them is going to be right for you? You can't possibly know this. You haven't met all of them!

Of course there is somebody your age who will be just right for you. It is not a good idea to date this girl. Find somebody your own age.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.