[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I need to know if I should send this letter to my ex. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1397693027397.png (1MB, 4400x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1397693027397.png
1MB, 4400x4000px
Hey, I need to know if I should send this letter to my ex. It's been over a year and she messaged me a while ago. I told her I would brb after taking a shower and now it's two months later and I still haven't messaged her back.

Here's the letter:

Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t write back to you last time we messaged. I know it probably hurt you.
When I was taking a shower, I remembered all the different ways you hurt me and I couldn’t bring myself to message you back. I’m not completely over the hurt from the relationship ending to be honest. I know I’m the one that ended it but I ended it because I was hurting the same way I’m hurting now. The pain never truly went away, it would ebb and flow every once in a while.
I’m not sure if there’s any way to get closure from that relationship but I have to ask, why were you so mean to me towards the end? Did you not like me anymore?
I really did care for you. I still mentally replay several things you said to me:
“It’s unattractive how badly you want to have sex with me.”
“Do you just want me for sex?”
Those words really hurt me and the only reason I said I wanted to see other people was because I wanted to be wanted. I didn’t think you were ever going to want me again.
The way you tried to escape me at Jeff’s party hurt too. Maybe you were drunk, but it didn’t hurt any less. You didn’t want be near me towards the end. By the end of the night you were sitting next to Jeff with no space to spare, with Susan on the other side of him. You fixed his hair while you broke my heart. I still remember the look Steve gave me while I was trying to take care of him. He was wasted, wasted enough to be honest about how it looked. He looked at you, Susan, and Jeff then he looked at me then laughed. That’s when I knew it was over. When I confronted you about it, you knew it was wrong. There was little we could do about it after the fact. I just buried the pain until we broke up.
>>
You didn’t want to touch me anymore and there was no explanation. I felt ugly and pathetic. I still feel ugly and pathetic. Why were you distancing yourself?
Was there somebody else? Was I too strict? Was I not giving you enough attention?
I now see that the relationship I had after you was because I was desperately seeking someone to want me the way you used to. I remember the last six months of our relationship being harsh. We barely spoke to each other. We were still recovering from what happened with Max.
The way I look at it is that you started talking to Max because I was spending too much time focusing on school and not you. Is that right? Was it something else?
I have so many questions that I may never get closure on. I’m not sure if this message will help. I’m not sure if I should even try. You don’t even have to respond.
>>
Should I send that or is that too heavy? Either way it was therapeutic to write it.
>>
You don't need to explain any of this to her nor should you. It's over. Leave it. You've made this much progress getting over her so why the fuck would you want to revisit this?

If you want to send her a message, send her the first three sentences of this letter. You don't need anything else. Anything more will make her think you are pathetic and trying to get her back.
>>
>>17731039
You have a point. I'm not sure if I should even message her back. I don't want to get back with her and you're probably right about giving her the wrong idea.
>>
That kind of depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you want closure and nothing not even her. Send it. Afterwords you have a choice to recut her out of your life or work on being acquaintances then move up the friendship chain.

If you want a relationship do it in person.

When I see all this text it's kinda off putting. When doing it in person it can better to see both sides of the argument and get a better picture of what went wrong. Also this way can give you the best information to make the decision.

I don't have any real relationship experience but I pit myself you in your shoes and this is what I felt was best. So at the same time take everything with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17731054
I really don't want to get back in a relationship with her. I really just want closure on those things and I'm hoping that since it's a year later and no chance of salvaging the relationship that she might be honest with me about some of those things.
>>
>>17731058
'closure' doesn't exist like that. It happens over time. You will feel less closure if you reconnect with her, not more. I'd just keep her out of your life.
>>
>>17731058
Ah I see yeah then I feel this guy >>17731039 has the right choice.

Because something similar happened to me and I know that I won't get closure so I have to just keep on keepin on.

Now in the chance that this happens what will you do next?
>>
>>17731069
So should I just explain to her why I didn't message her back then go away again or should i just not message her at all?
>>
>>17731083
>So should I just explain to her why I didn't message her back
As long as you don't expect any sort of catharsis from it, I guess
>should i just not message her at all
That's what I'd go with, personally
>>
If you txt her and she doesn't reply, how will you feel?
If she replies, what on earth could she say that could profit you?

Just leave it be.
>>
>>17731091
>>17731099

If I do message her back it's to apologize about not messaging her back.

It seems like not messaging her at all is the best way to go though.
>>
>>17731102
>If I do message her back it's to apologize about not messaging her back.

Read that term paper you posted and say that again with a straight face.
You're fishing for a response, an explanation, ..and apparently a pair.

Be a man and move on.
>>
>>17731128
You're right. I'm not gonna message her at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.