/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being an """adult"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: AutisticSkyguy.jpg (67KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
AutisticSkyguy.jpg
67KB, 800x684px
>be me, 23 years old
>still living with parents
>meant to save money, but combination of poor money management skills + having to pay rent makes me unable to move out
>home is also incredibly unpleasant to live in
>asked father about a month ago if I could stop having to pay rent
>he asked why and I blurted out that I hate living here
>he's quite hurt and said he could give back all the money I've paid
>I refuse since the real world doesn't work like that
>this also hurts him because he says I'm treating him like a stranger

Anyways, what's the right thing to do? If I take back the money he'll always hold it against me (proof that I was never ready to be an adult), but it seems like refusing is also hurting this feelings.
>>
Move out, you ass. I never missed or appreciated my own family more until I moved 2000 miles away from home. Now it's been about 6 months and I want to go back more than anything but I know what I want, and that's to make something better of myself.

I still struggle paycheck to paycheck and I lucked out having one good friend here so crippling loneliness isn't an issue, but life has been a lot more fulfilling since I left my dad's place, not to mention my relationship with him as well as my mom (who I'd neglected to talk to for a year, personal) has improved and become meaningful.

Stop being ignant. Take away what you take for granted and see how you feel then.
>>
>>17730837
>>meant to save money, but combination of poor money management skills + having to pay rent makes me unable to move out

Please define exactly how having to pay rent to your father prevents you from moving out in the ''combination of poor money management skills + having to pay rent'' scenario.
>>
>>17731293
Money that would've gone to savings instead is going to rent. Saving that money was the only advantage of living at home. Instead I'm paying rent to live somewhere I don't want to be.
>>
>>17731564
So you honestly think it costs the same to live on your own as to live with your Dad? If you can't manage the finances of this situation, you will never make it on your own.

Start with a realistic budget. You will probably need a second job in order to move out. At one point I had three, it can be done.
>>
>>17731582
I know it doesn't, but the idea is I'd be able to afford living out (I can) while having savings in case of emergencies. Rent has evaporated the latter. I'm still saving some money every month, but I really can't take living here anymore. It's holding me back as a person and it causes me a lot of stress.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.