[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my professors gave me an unfair grade. It was a group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 6c.jpg (105KB, 398x503px) Image search: [Google]
6c.jpg
105KB, 398x503px
One of my professors gave me an unfair grade. It was a group assignment and we all did the same amount of work and followed the rubric. Grades just came in and she gave me a 60 the lowest passing grade, while another group member got an 81. I don't know what the others got yet but I bet they are higher than mine. This teacher has had a personal issue with me since about week 3 or so, because she is a cunt and can suck my dick, so we have been passive aggressively hating each other. I know at least one previous grade she graded me unfairly, but the grading rules were unclear (more bullshit on her part) so I didn't really care. This time, according to the rubric I know for a fact the lowest possible grade I could have gotten is a 70, and in actually I probably earned at least an 80-85, but the bitch gave me a 60.

Now I have to go through the grade appeal process which I've never had to do before. The first rule is to talk to the professor. Since she is clearly a biased cunt this is going to be a waste of time, but what can I say to her that will get her most likely to change my grade to save time? That my group members who did the exact same thing I did got 20 points higher because she is a bitch? This is such a crock of shit I would honestly rather just beat her ass, now she's going to waste everyone's time including the dean who I have to get involved when she refuses to change my grade.
>>
This is why you don't get on the wrong side of teachers.
>>
Make an appointment with the Dean of that department and it'll be resolved
>>
Ask why your grade was 20% lower than your other group mates.
>>
>>17730832
Professor (not yours) writing here.

OK. Here's some simple practical advice.

If there is an appeal process, do not try to bypass it - you'll just be sent back to step one.

Step one is usually talking to the professor. A word of advice: drop the attitude. Don't go in ready to fight. Play confused and earnestly wanting to improve. "Professor, I'm disappointed with my grade on this project. I know some of the others on my team did better, and I hope you'll tell me where I fell below them so I can do better next time."

She'll probably know you're bullshitting, but she'll appreciate the effort. There is always the possibility that she made an honest error, but there is also the possibility that in some way a weakness in the project can be laid specifically at your door in a way you may not like but will have to agree is there.

If you are still unsatisfied, go to the next step, which is probably still within the department. Do not cry "She hates me" but present objective evidence, in the form of the grades your team members got.

And if you're not happy (or don't give up) then, go on to the next step in the process. Once again, do not try to skip steps, because they won't let you.
>>
>>17730832
Behold the great wisdom of the universe - life aint fair. Its a beginning of a journey called adulthood. Take care no to fall off this train
>>
>>17731287
This, only skip the "I want to do better next time." Say "I'm confused, because everyone on the team did the same work, but grades were inconsistent. I don't think this accurately reflects my work."
>>
>>17731287
>>17731624

These, 100%. There is no better way to go about it.
>>
>>17730832
>This teacher has had a personal issue with me since about week 3 or so, because she is a cunt and can suck my dick
>This student has had a personal issue with me since about week 3 or so, because he is a faggot and can suck a dick
>>
Ask her if its because you are a make

Keep pushing that
>>
OP, I am currently going though the exact same issue with a college professor. Here is what I did:

1)accepted that the teacher was an irrational bitch, and that the longer I talked to her, the more pissed off I would become.

2)cut contact with her beyond the basics of what is needed for the class. If she says "hello" to me I straight up ignore her.

3)Observe what the students who are getting As in her class are doing. Do that.

4)Give her a shitty rating on the class Reviews and ratemyprofessor at the end of the class.
>>
Well I was right. Everyone else got 81s but me. Today in class we're all going to bitch that cunt out, bet she'll change the grade then.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.