[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family life is shit- abusive brother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1181.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1181.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
i live at home with my brother and dad. my brother is a very serious alcoholic who also abuses meth and any drug he can get his hands on. most of the time he's not abusive, but it still sucks because he makes a huge mess and cleans nothing, and is just like this pathetic mass of selfish self-loathing. it's sad to look at him.

but then once a month or so he gets hardcore pissed off (and fucked up on alcohol/meth) and throws these violent manchild hissy fits. like he'll start screaming at me that i'm a faggot and should kill myself, then breaks things like chairs, electronics, and pictures, and like punches holes in walls and doors. and sometimes he'll threaten to kick the shit out of me, which he absolutely would be able to as he's bigger and stronger than me. he's only actually beat me up once and it was a few years ago.

so how do you like deal with this? moving out is always an option, but it would come with a lot of downsides and i don't really want to consider it right now. he's going to end up in jail probably within a year or so, assuming he's not dead before then. already he's on probation and he'll continue fucking up but i know from past experiences that the courts are slow as fuck to do anything even when he fails his drug tests. sometimes i think about calling the cops on him to speed the process along but i don't know.

we still hope he can change, and we love him and shit. it sucks.
>>
Hello? :(
>>
Where's your father in this situation? Is he too much of a pussy to do anything during his drunken fits? He should be the one giving your brother an ultimatum.
>>
>>17729888

good trips

not much you can do if it's not your house. options are wait for him to get imprisoned or move out. the other thing you could do make your feelings known to your father.
>>
>>17729915
My dad's around but he's afraid to push him out or whatever. Like if he kicks him out he'll just become a street person and die of hepatitis or something :(
>>
>>17729937
>Like if he kicks him out he'll just become a street person and die of hepatitis or something :(
But he needs to realise that this is an actual, genuine possibility. Giving him an ultimatum should at least scare him enough to give his life a change. What's the point of him living how he is now if he's just hurting himself and everyone around him? He's too comfortable in the situation he's put himself in and he sees no reason to change unless he realises there'll be consequences if he doesn't.
>>
>>17729937
you and your dad are not helping him by letting your brother stay with you. you two are enabling him. i know you mean to help, but as long as y'all keep supporting your brother he will never change, why would he? he doesnt need too.

>t. addict who only got help once i was kicked out of house and homeless for too long
>>
>>17729980
i sort of feel the same way. was really hoping jail would turn him around but it didn't the first time.

he's agreed to try intensive outpatient and go to AA meetings and shit now. i hope it works but i have my doubts.

more than anything though i was hoping you guys could help me deal with all the negative stuff. like how to manage my emotions and not let this kill me.
>>
>>17729789
Call the cops. If you are not safe, this is what you have to do. Yes I consider your situation unsafe.

Get the hell out of there. Even sleeping on your friend's couch would be better.
>>
Don't want thread to die so I'm bumping it at work. Later on I'll detail exactly what the therapist has said about this. We've been doing like group therapy with her and I want to know what you guys think of it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.