[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suing my father for abuse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1475478610906.png (89KB, 796x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1475478610906.png
89KB, 796x1060px
would it be possible to sue my father for abuse + neglect even though it happened years ago? I'm pretty sure the mental scars have left me unable to properly function and interact with society

>raped my mother to conceive me so she'd be forced to stay with him to raise me, threatens murder/suicide if she ever tried to leave
>raped her several times, pretty much saw her as something to fuck until he got old and died, beat the shit out of her sometimes and threaten her
>abused and neglected, dad would throw me around/scream at me and in general terrify me for amusement (for example chasing me around with a legitimate human skull, hitting me with it, and locking me in our rat-infested basement)
>dad was a hoarder, would never throw things out, piles of newspapers, old boxes, etc. towering all over the place with little narrow pathways between, have to crawl over piles of shit to enter/exit some rooms
>neither mother nor father would interact with me, preferred to isolate themselves and drink while I was left alone in a messy room most of the time
>learned to read and draw to entertain myself but dad would usually hit me for touching his precious trash
>dad took me to the river when I was 4 once, made me play in the water and I got swept away into the current and fell unconscious after swallowing water
>some people walking their dog down the beach jumped in and saved me and managed to clear my lungs of water and called an ambulance
>dad somehow weasels out of any sort of responsibility for the action
>finds it funny to pretend to drown me whenever I take a bath
>would be punished for trying to feed myself at home, father would not feed me and would hurt my mother if he ever caught her feeding me
>didn't eat most days, had to steal food at school or just go without it

1/3?
>>
File: IMG_0469.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0469.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>mother leaves when I'm 9 and father gets twice as fearsome and terrible towards me
>one time dad is kneeling on my chest and strangling me while screaming at me
>manage to get my hand free and jab him in the eye, run to the telephone and dial 911
>dad slams the phone down and throws me across the room, then kicks me in the ribs and when I try to stand up he slaps me so hard my head slams into the floor and I lose my sense of balance, can't get back up
>dad tells cop we were playing cops and robbers when they call back, they don't even bother coming around
>try to jump off the roof to kill myself weeks later, only sprain my wrists because I weigh like 40 pounds
>social services called by neighbors who realize I'm home alone almost 100% of the time
>dad somehow weasels out of it again
>if i came home from school before my dad was home during winter, I had to wait on the porch for several hours in the cold, had to go outside and warm my hands from the heating vent at my house or neighbors to prevent frostbite
>victim of racial violence at school, muslims + black kids would gang up on me (mexican kids were the only chill ones, white people thought I was weird and asians wouldn't look at me), dad just beat the shit out of me when I got home for not being able to stand up for myself and "being a shitty son"
>fuck you dad
>not allowed to have any friends or do any after-school activities, must always come straight home if I want even a scrap of the tiniest morsel of food
>dad is controlling, hateful and constantly blackmails me

2/3
>>
>when I'm 14 he loses his license as a nurse because he stole morphine, makes me get a job and takes 100% of my paychecks to pay the bills, doesn't even try to get his own job
>ask my manager to receive 25% of my paychecks in cash, save it in a lockbox at the store
>at 19 manage to run away and live in a garage through the winter, try contacting my mother but she's obviously as crazy and broken as my father, and an awful alcoholic
>mother tells me she should've killed herself while pregnant with me to prevent both of us from suffering
>eventually get a new job and an actual bank account, coworker at new job lets me live in his spare room for a year while I get back on my feet
>completely broken and don't know how to interact with the world, people think I'm retarded because I had a shitty childhood and never was taught how to do things by my parents
>pretty sure I have PTSD, might have bipolar disorder or developing schizophrenia (think I hear people talking about me behind my back - can't tell if its real or not - and I have 2 cousins on my mother's side with schizophrenia)
>21 now, finally have my own apartment, all of my neighbors are afraid of me, can barely function as an adult

my dad turned 60 recently and doesn't have a job still, and lives off of his 80 year old mother's savings. he doesn't have any of his own money but his father saved up 2 million before he died of Alzheimers.

could I sue my dad somehow? or get some sort of compensation for being a broken trash excuse for a human being?

>tfw he stopped trying to call me to abuse me after I stole "The Brothers Karamazov" from him and returned it with a knife through it

recently some mail of mine was accidentally sent to his house and he returned it. the thought of him knowing my address makes me really uncomfortable.
>>
pls respond

I'm about to go to work and i don't think the thread will be here 8 hours from now
>>
>>17729444
>>17729452
>>17729454
God damn, how can people like your dad exist? Why wouldn't he just give you up for adoption or something?

I think it's worth a shot. Fuck him. Talk to a lawyer and see if you've got a real case.
>>
>>17729444
You don't understand what "suing someone" entails.

The only thing you can sue someone for is money - not an apology, not your life back, not sending him to jail. All you could possibly hope to get would be money. And it sounds like he has none, so what's the point. (Meanwhile it would cost YOU money to hire a lawyer to take on this pointless crusade, and the only lawyer who would do it - knowing it was pointless - would be a crook.)

You MIGHT get a little satisfaction for reporting him to the cops for criminal child abuse, but they're not likely to go after a sick old man.

Your best course - turn your back on the past, take responsibility for your own life and happiness, and move forward. Someone said "Living well is the best revenge" and having a successful life in spite of him will be your victory over him.
>>
>>17729562
>Your best course - turn your back on the past, take responsibility for your own life and happiness, and move forward
This.
You have nothing to gain with a lawsuit.
>>
>>17729574
>>17729562
I don't even fucking know how to be successful or happy. I'm fucking terrified of people. I can't trust anyone. I don't know how to talk or behave. I've only seen my father destroy and scream and terrify and fail to function. I try to make friends but they all shun me because of my dysfunction and awkwardness.

I want to die. I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone left but myself, and even then I cannot depend on myself. I'm falling apart and close to blowing my brains out - and no mental health faculty locking me up "for my own good" is going to do anything but rack up debt.
>>
Boo-hoo, daddy didn't love me. Big fucking deal. You want to fix your life? You want to find happiness? Nobody will ever care more about your future than yourself. Stop blaming others for your misfortunes. You're a big boy now. Time to strap on your big boy pants and take charge of your own destiny.
>>
>>17729600
Whoa dude. I think it's time you saw a therapist. I would think the debt would be well worth it, I mean, having wealth didn't make your father less of a madman, did it?
>>
>>17729640
what makes you think putting down someone who's been put down their whole life is going to be constructive? harsh truths and "you're a big boy now" talks only work with people who grew up sheltered and spoiled.
>>
>>17729640
You seriously should be ashamed of this shitty cringe post
>>
Don't sue him, leave him alone, he knows your address but returned your shit instead of throwing it out. Give yourself distance and since you have your own place now, you are finally safe and free. You can go to therapy or you can try and make new friends and confide in them. You can even go to specific forums for abuse victims and see how others coped and lived in it, and share/read stories. It's cathartic. I also advise you to go out and look for online resources on C-PTSD and victims of similar situations---to the point where you find useful techniques for coping and functioning, not ruminating and brooding and going into despair cycles. Indulge yourself and do things that you've always wanted to do but couldn't, practice hobbies, get into online circles, buy a cat or a dog as a companion, et cetera. It is very important to learn about yourself, and your inner child as well. I know there is a lot of repression, but cater to vulnerable child in you. Find out what is important in your life, your values, your future goals. Revisit yourself from the past and come together with your future self. Your past changed you, but it is not without benefit, you are unlike anyone else, and possess more strength and will than others. You must work on constant self improvement and try and be in touch with yourself to reach your potential. Soften your heart, do not resent. Dad will miss you, prepare for that, there will be release in the future, but that is none of your concern for now. Suing him would be a mistake, and is not worth your time nor effort. Write a letter to your dad about how you felt your whole life, write a letter to a friend about what happened to you, write a letter to your inner child, then burn it up, or give it to a therapist. Either way, you will be fine, you just need time and patience with yourself.
>>
>>17729562
>And it sounds like he has none, so what's the point.

His dad is probably going to inherit the 2 million savings
>>
>>17729640
youre a fucking cunt. kys pls
>>
>>17729600
My boyfriend was physically and mentally abused by his mom to the point where if he gets another back injury, he's paralyzed from the neck down. Next year, him and I are taking a trip to Georgia to visit his family down there. Maybe confront his mother.

He's grown so much ever since he managed to escape his mom

I believe in you anon <3

Go to al-anon. They're really accepting and can help you immensly. Best of all, it's free. Look up local meetings in your town or city

ily anon. <3
>>
>>17729806
I can't really afford a therapist. I've been living paycheck to paycheck since I've gotten my own place.

>>17730514
>>17730309
thank you for the genuine responses. its something to think about

thank you for your kindness
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.