[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I fractured (comminuted and colles fracture) my wrist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473505337028.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1473505337028.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
Hey /adv/,

I fractured (comminuted and colles fracture) my wrist 6 weeks ago and had my cast taken off last Monday. I went to the A&E and several times to the doctor at the NHS until my cast was removed.

The doctor told me it should all be fine and just to use it. I do and have also been doing exercises I found on the internet. There's less pain and I can carry some things and use my hand to an extent, but I can't bend my wrist down at all. Am I fucked? I booked an appointment for a physiotherapist next week but is it too late?
>>
b-bump
>>
>I booked an appointment for a physiotherapist next week but is it too late?

You made the right move, you're gonna be fine, just be thankful that you have the resources to get this kind of treatment.

Also, just curious, how did you fracture your wrist?
>>
Keep doing the exercises and you should be able to move it just fine. It may take a bit of time though.

The therapist can give you some exercises to do and it's important to do them.
>>
>>17729326
Yeah thankfully I have health insurance.

I was playing volleyball, fell down on my wrist. Everyone kept saying I sprained it but thankfully I went to the hospital anyway.

It's just that a friend said my wrist looks strange so it scared me a bit, and the fact that I can't bend it at all
>>
>>17729251
>I went to the A&E and several times to the doctor at the NHS until my cast was removed.
Jesus Christ... Patients these days

I'm an NHS jr doc

Your wrist will regain range of movement with exercise. Keep it moving. Regaining full mobility is the norm
>>
>>17729361
Sorry it's just that I'm scared of the possibility of fucking it up and not being able to use my wrist like before. Also the hospital I went to is known for being bad so that also worried me.

I suppose I shouldn't be impatient about it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.