[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do guys take it so strongly, so personally, when you tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: cassandra-pepe.jpg (86KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
cassandra-pepe.jpg
86KB, 500x411px
Why do guys take it so strongly, so personally, when you tell them they make you uncomfortable?

There was this one person I worked with who I had a crush on at the time. But I never knew how to respond or feel when he talked to me. I guess spaghetti'd all the time, as you people would put it. I started to grow uncomfortable from all this, and began trying to avoid him.

Eventually he pulled me to the side one day and asked if he was making me uncomfortable. I wasn't prepared for this and didn't have any back-up answers to use, so I told him yes. And because of that, he said that it was best he and I never spoke to each other again. Not angrily, mind you. Just calm, yet disappointed.

And ever since, he won't even look at me, and pretends like I'm not there. The most I can get from him now is a weak smile, or half-assed nod, while not once turning to look in my direction. Now I feel like shit and as if I screwed up my chances with someone I was starting to like.

Why do guys always react negatively to you saying that make you uncomfortable? It's often very hostile (unlike this case), resulting in them arguing, and/or chewing you out, for up to hours. And now this guy, which somehow gets to me the most. Things never seem to go right. And there's no real reason for that.
>>
>>17727362

How about you fucking talk to him and correct the misunderstanding.

God, you are so dumb.
>>
>>17727362
what? he asked if he made you uncomfortable and you said yes and now he avoids you because he wants to be able to be coworkers without any trouble. its your own fault for being such an awkward shithead.

like seriously, what did you expect him to do? what do you think would be reacting positively to being told he makes you uncomfortable?

maybe try and explain to him that the reason he makes you uncomfortable is because you are awkward and like him. but you probably wont do that because you are an awkward shithead
>>
>>17727362
Because, as men, making women comfortable is the one thing we're taught to do. We are taught to protect, honor, and care for women. It's a bit of a sharp blow when we're told that women feel uneasy when we're around. It hurts. When people are hurt, they sometimes want to hurt what hurt them. I'm actually pretty surprised that you don't understand this. It's not a hard concept if you put yourself in his shoes.
>>
>>17727375
her coworker isnt trying to hurt her by avoiding her, he is trying to do the nice thing and avoid her because she said he makes her uncomfortable
>>
>>17727362
He likely interpreted your awkwardness as being his fault by being too forward in your interactions. When a guy hears that they're making a woman uncomfortable, it sends a pretty clear message that they need to take a massive step back or risk being seen as a creep. Obviously for somebody to get mad is immature but being told that is pretty much a deal breaker from anything going further.
>>
you sound like a bitch desu
>>
Whenever you accuse someone of making you uncomfortable, you're essentially accusing them of being a creeper. Which is often the most devastating accusation for men these days.

He's likely avoiding you to prevent future conflicts. Since that can cost him his job, his friends, his reputation, probably his future, and (potentially) get the police involved.
>>
>>17727362
Lmao OP if you were instead a male autist you wouldn't get this much of negative responses. Just goes to show there really is no sane place here even on an advice supposedly normie board.
>>
>>17727433
>women have it so hard
no they dont

t. a man
>>
>>17727438
Grass is greener

t. a woman
>>
>>17727379
I was talking about the part of her post where she said that dudes usually act hostile when she mentions that they make her uncomfortable.
>>
>>17727433
If he were a male autist, we probably would've called him retarded.
>>
>>17727362

This is copypasta.
>>
>>17727362
He's avoiding you because you sperged out and blamed him for your own personality issues, and he's avoiding a potential rape case if you flipped and started accusing him like a bitch.

JESUS, why are women so dumb.
>>
you called him a potential rapist, a creep and an undesirable genderless barely human being

this is what uncomfortable means

>why do we take it strongly
because it means the worst a woman can call a man as you can see you dumb whore
kill yourself with a rusty spoon
>>
>>17727362
>Why do guys take it so strongly, so personally, when you tell them they make you uncomfortable?
In what way is it not a very strong, very personal statement?
>>
File: 1477107505685.jpg (151KB, 706x677px) Image search: [Google]
1477107505685.jpg
151KB, 706x677px
>>17727863
/r9k/ is leaking again
>>
>>17727362
I've reacted the same to similar situations (like your guy, not hostile or anything) and it was purely because I thought they were scared of me. I hate that and it made me feel like a failure, some sort of weird ogre creep who alienate women.

I think your situation is miscommunication both ways and you should do the right thing and talk to him about it. Say it's a misunderstanding and that you don't want him to fell awkward about it, why you felt uncomfortable and that you should move past it. Who know, you might gain a friend.
>>
>>17727362
This Pepe makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>17727947
Just wait until you see his feminine benis
>>
>>17727362
I literally saw this exact thread months ago...
>>
>>17727372
>what? he asked if he made you uncomfortable and you said yes and now he avoids you because he wants to be able to be coworkers without any trouble. its your own fault for being such an awkward shithead.
This.
>>
>>17727494
>>17728226

I knew it had to be bait.
>>
Isn't this pasta? I'm almost positive I read this exact post couple weeks ago
>>
>>17727362
Because the problem in this situation is your own awkwardness/insecurity, but you flip it around and make it seem like he's doing something wrong to make you feel that way.

It sounds like he was just being polite and friendly. When you tell a guy that that kind of behavior "makes you uncomfortable," it makes him doubt himself and question the most basic ways he interacts with coworkers/women.

That doesn't justify an extreme reaction. Anyone who flips out and gets hostile when you tell him this - that guy's probably an asshole. But for guys like your co-worker, it's just confusing, embarrassing, and a little insulting. He's probably still trying to figure out what the hell he did wrong
>>
>>17727369
This. Why does it always have to be such a mystery.

Also:
>I guess spaghetti'd all the time, as you people would put it.
What do you mean by "you people"?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.