[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obsessed with truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20161101-153007.jpg (298KB, 1197x1251px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161101-153007.jpg
298KB, 1197x1251px
Hello

I have come to realize this fact about myself.
I am very interested in the truth, and I feel as though this is affecting me socially.
Sarcasm and "memes" seem so horrible to me. Why would anyone speak a falsehood? It doesnt make me laugh or anything.

I often times will play devils advocate and challenge the views of my friends and family. Some have shown discontent with this. I am merely trying to see what is their truth i their view. I geel misunderstood a lot of the time in many social settings.
>>
>>17727298
Honest to god OP, that does sound like mild autism. Are you able to recognize sarcasm when you hear it?

I have a friend who "challenges our views" and play's devil's advocate a lot, he's very smart but it almost gets to the point of discomfort for us sometimes. People don't always like to have their beliefs questioned, especially in casual social settings. It's a matter of picking up on when it's appropriate or not.
>>
why would somebody do that? just go onto the internet and lie like that??
>>
>>17727298
OK. So, what would you like advice on?
>>
>>17727312
I want to be more likable and friendly and I dont understand how.
>>17727311
Im NOT lying.
>>
>>17727354
100% autism #nomemeintended
>>
>>17727360
What does one do about autism
>>
>>17727354
i don't know my man it sure feels like you're lying about lying
>>
Wow so people who desire honesty and a seek the truth are autistic now. Then you deluded fools should desire that state. Listen to yourselves rambling about only questioning beliefs in proper social settings. Disgusting social sheep.
>>
they keep you in a box bro? you're either trolling or just encountered the internet at this moment.

.. but keep this going. I need this.
>>
The truth is OP is in the right state of mind. Beliefs are only true beliefs if they can withstand some outside scrutiny. And if a "situation" is too awkward place to have some discourse in critical thought the it must be some damn deplorable activities. Seriously, can no one discuss their beliefs anymore without awkwardness? As I stated previously, shame on all of you. Do not change OP. Never stop seeking the truth.
>>
truth is relative

if you disagree with someone it's because they operate upon a different premise--other people are not you and they won't know your 'truth,' nor can you understand theirs
>>
>>17727298
This sounds a lot like Asperger's, OP. Do metaphors and puns bother you?
>>
One of the genuine symptoms of autism is the inability to lie, and not being able to understand why other people would lie.

https://www.autism.com/understanding_lying
>>
>>17727298
Nothing is actually true in the world OP. Not even laws and theories for something as objective as science and math are true, only that it appears true.
>>
>>17727582
This. As you grow up, you will realize that your "truth" is often simply a matter of perspective. What is true for you can be true while someone else's truth can contradict that depending on their experiences and place in the world. At a philosophical level, you cannot possibly know what's "true" when many even understandably question reality.

To simplify, hold onto your truth if you must, but don't be so deluded to think that your beliefs or perspective is somehow infallible. You think it's hurting them, but you're the one losing out.
>>
>>17727307
fuck that! beliefs are meant to be questioned/challenged. Or laughed at and abandoned with fucking baby blankets and soothers... if they believe in nutty retarded shit they probably aren't worth befriending in the first place. if you serioussly don't get a joke or a meme because it has to do with honesty then you prolly are a bit of an autist have you ever been screened? If you are obsessed with sorting our facts from bullshit then maybe not.>>17727760
wishy washy retarded shit don't listen to this all natural fibres, i-don't-know-what's-going-on pseudo philosopher. math and theories like "gravity" are definitly "true" and testable. its just at what point do they "unify" with our understanding of physical reality? is still kinda unknown. its called the "unified field theory"
>>
OP is definitely an INTP
Take the Myers-Briggs personality test
>>
>>17727298
i geel you
>>
>>17728204
Indeed I am

In general, it seems split. Some of you say there is no such thing as truth (a blatant falsehood) and that people dont like being challenged on their beliefs.
The other half thinks this is a good thing.
I'll just pretend I never made this thread.
>>
>>17728356
There is a truth. There is only one truth. The truth is self-evident.
Have fun being an INTP.
>>
>>17727922
>math and theories like "gravity" are definitly "true" and testable.
Just because they are verifiable to a point doesn't mean they are "true", only that they are not proven wrong yet.

>>17727547
>Beliefs are only true beliefs if they can withstand some outside scrutiny.
>beliefs
>scrutiny
>truth
Negro wut? A belief needs ignorance or delusion to work, otherwise it's not a belief but a fact/knowledge, or bullshit. You're bound to fall into a loop if you question that shit too deep with anybody, so it's pretty retarded.
>>
>>17728370
>There is only one truth.
Prove it.

>The truth is self-evident.
That's just a silly form of the absolute omnipotence paradox.
>>
>>17728389
The "one truth" is just a reference to the set S = {P | P is a true proposition}
>>
>>17728402
Cheeky af.
>>
Those of you saying the truth is relative realize the irony of saying that as if it were truth I hope...
>>
>>17728956
You mean acceptance that they don't know the truth? That's the entire point of "truth is relative" it's not meant to piss of autists.
>>
You sound like a massive edgy douchebag OP. Sarcasm is not intended to be taken seriously so its not like theyre lying. If you really view it this way then congrats on your autism. You can play devils advocate and challenge people just fine, but dont be rude about it. make sure not to come off as attacking them and be considerate
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.