[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just now finishing my first month at Starbucks as a barista.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1473809119894.jpg (3MB, 3300x4050px) Image search: [Google]
1473809119894.jpg
3MB, 3300x4050px
Just now finishing my first month at Starbucks as a barista.
So far I'm feeling good about it. Soon I'll be able to start living a financially independent life.

My only beef is that I'm exhausted all the time, I don't have time for my friends and also people are assholes.

Before you say it, no, I'm not just going to drink a lot of caffeine. That's bad for you.

Does it get better? Or am I just going to be exhausted forever?
>>
poor OP, you are in for a rude awakening. it never gets any better. you will get more and more tired until you want to put a bullet in your brain.
>>
>>17727227
I'm going to disregard your post and point out that wicked sick get.
>>
>>17727227

This, by month 3 you'll have lost the will to live. Month one and your first payday is as good as it gets. I did this for 3 months around christmas in a VERY busy cafe inside a large retail store in the UK.

After working and your feet are tired don't just go home, or have a drink or smoke pot or whatever. Dedicate at least an hour of your evening applying to jobs. I hate to say it but I'd rather work in a callcentre than a cafe again

Here's a nice memory working in a shitty cafe where 90% of customers are pensioners...

>Old guy refuses to wait in queue. Decides he is going to 'reserve' tables in a FULL cafe with a 40 person queue with a 15 minute wait for his family. And in the process he will take up 4-6 seats while inconveniencing every mother fucker he's just walked past in the queue for 20 minutes telling them they cant sit down while his family are served. Used the ol' 'muh walking stick' routine. Makes comments at female crybaby coworker and sets off her waterworks. I have to go over because she is literally standing in front of him in tears telling him no. I tell him I'll sort this out for him right now, he thinks he's getting special treatment. I go round back and get a fold out chair. Kick it open at his part in the queue and tell him to sit down. People laughing at the old geezer in the queue being taunted by old ladies. Tried to walk past me raised his walking stick as if pointing and jabbed it towards me. I grabbed the thing 'Get out.' I want to speak to your manager 'GET OUT. NOW!' Some of these decrepit old gits think their in their 50s still. He made a complaint they watched CCTV and I was commended.

>Asian kid, telling me 5s are 20s.
>Drunk manager disturbing my christmas lunch. Demands I sit with her team and have fun.
>Student coworker stealing £6 sandwich toasties in his crotch.
>Old lady wants to introduce me to her 14 year old daughter.
>etc...
>>
>>17727232
>NEWFAG DETECTED
there is literally no get in that guys post, fuck off you stupid cunt, lurk more, make me some coffee bitch
>>
>>17727333
Nice trips.
>>
>>17727318
Well, I used to work in the public school system so I'm used to working with idiots. Bonus, the Starbucks is right across the street from an open campus high school. They come in for lunch and after school.

One amusing thing has been happening recently. Someone stole about 50 gift cards and threw them around the school grounds, probably thinking he was handing out free drinks and sticking it to the man. There's two types of people: those who grab a ton of them to return to us and those who grab 1-5 and then try to get free drinks with them. Joke is on them, type 1 get the free drinks.

I really love the looks on their faces when they get a reward for their being good people. I also love the look on the faces of kids who have been caught trying to make a purchase with unloaded stolen property.
>>
>>17727215
Bruh don't even THINK about getting post-comfy thoughts til your 90 days of probation are up. They're a soulless company, and WILL fire you on your 89th day for no reason what so ever, so work hard and suck it up and follow all the shitty fucking rules. Avoid making drinks if u suck at it (you prolly do, no offence but they're shitty drinks anyway).

If they don't, then think about it like this: you get shares in the company, after a few years they'll match you dollar for dollar to open your own Starbucks, and you can go for black apron to get a better paying job as manager or co manager.

Seriously, if you stay out of trouble they're not that bad.
>>
>>17727318
Damn that old man story
Don't you have a manager or a supervisor that deal with that kind of shit?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.