[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happiness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: smiley_face.jpg (58KB, 960x570px) Image search: [Google]
smiley_face.jpg
58KB, 960x570px
Haven't been on 4chan in a while since I started college.

Pretty generic question.

How do I be happy?

My girlfriend recently broke up with me because of my depression. I've been feeling more alone than usual. I don't have any real friends because I'm and awkward faggot recluse. All I do is go to class, the gym, and my dorm. Of course I've thought about suicide but I would never go through with it because I keep thinking about how it'll affect my family. I really don't know whats left for me. I don't even know if my major will be fulfilling (mechanical engineering). Gonna go to the campus psychiatrist soon to hopefully get some kind of medication. I used Zoloft before but never thought it did much. I don't have a fake ID so I can't even drink until I don't care anymore.

So how do I be happy, /adv/?
>>
>>17727011
>How do I be happy?

you can be happy right here, right now with me

all the things that bother you, just let it be
know that you can influence the things around your visions

for example, whenever I see people I can generate good feelings by just being nice

when I go back home, when I think about how comfy my bed is, how strong my computer is for staying with me this long

it's about those things
>>
>>17727018
I'm not saying this lasts forever too

There's no human that can stay happy for extended amounts

like right now, I have some bad feelings
my hair seems to be thinning, and my desk is messy

but I fix the things I can and accept what I did have and appreciated it then

so now I clean my desk

it's absurd to think the worst I can be sad about is not having the 'right' job

things don't suddenly turn right and everything stays that way and you fulfilled your quota of happiness

it comes and goes, just be accepting of it

right now I'm waiting for some good feels, which I just had actually

gave a friend a cold compress and some food for his cold
talked to friend about sports, learned a bit more about it
checking things off my to do list ever so slowly
no pressing deadlines - there's time

the little things

you can't run away from the bad feels by drugs, or by distractions. You must feel them, accept them, get through them
we're in this together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPXWt2ESxVY
>>
>>17727011
what college
>>
why can't you be happy right now ?
>>
>>17727018
>>17727039
My roommate just left and reading these made me breakdown. I haven't cried that hard in a while. Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>17727047
Old Dominion University
>>17727064
I've been alone for most of my adolescent years, and after having a short glimpse of not being alone, going back to it hit me kinda hard. I just can't find the joy in seclusion like I used to but I'm too afraid to anything that would actually fix it.
>>
>>17727079
I didn't know I would move you so much, but that's good to let it out. That's the main way with how you deal with the bad times

play a song you like a lot since your roommate left and start dancing to it to be a bit more open, if you're afraid of fixing it

I'm in a dorm as well and also a first year, same as you. I've been dancing while my roommate has been in the room for the past 10 minutes since I couldn't get behind my calc 3 homework and I was all restless, jitty and feeling shitty

here's a good groove song that's popular so you can feel it if you can't find anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGDyAb6pePo
>>
Don't mix alcohol with drugs.

What I'm saying is do not consume alcohol if you are on medication.
It could kill you.

Seeking prefessional help is wise.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.