[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I have my baby vaccinated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: baby-getting-vaccine.jpg (85KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
baby-getting-vaccine.jpg
85KB, 600x399px
Hi guys I am about to have a baby boy. I am reading all those theories about the connections between vaccine and autism and even SIDS. I don't trust the doctors because they would recommend vaccines for sure.

Is there any advises whether to vaccinate my boy? Which vaccines should I select?
>>
Do it. Not doing it allows those viruses to permeate through our society, which can ultimately be a danger to everyone.

As for the autism theories, that is based off of a British scientist's study that was discredited. Andrew Wakefield basically manipulated the results to get the conclusion that he wanted, making the theory invalid. There's no water to what those people are saying, they just like get mongering.
>>
>>17726842
Absolutely vaccinate.
The reason vaccinations are recommended is because they have been shown to potect against infections that can kill you.
If you look at the risk of death or side effects from vaccination, and compare to if you are not vaccinated and contract the disease, it is clear that the vaccine is a far superior option.
Think about what you are saying when you link autism to vaccines.
First of all, they have done studies that show that one article people reference was wrong. Vaccines are not shown to lead to autism.
Furthermore, you child could still get autism if you don't vaccinate.
Also, autism doesn't kill you, polio can.

Please follow your doctor's advice.
>>
>>17726853
he didn't even manipulate results. He straight up fabricated them.
>>
Vaccinations are DEAD viruses, they can not lead to infection from that virus.
>>
99% sure OP is bait and its eluded everyone who has given a genuine perspective on the matter.
>>
absolutely not op, its better to have a dead baby then an autistic one.
>>
You know what is rampant at daycare? INFECTION!!
Especially Hep A. Babies are asymptomatic usually, but they pass it to their parents, who get very sick.
>>
>>17726866
I am serious. I saw the disclaimer and vaccine injury section in the handout from our doctor. It appears that even the doctors are not 100% confident. That's why I began to worry about this.
>>
>>17726875
Doctors can be idiots too. An MD doesn't magically make you intelligent or competent
>>
>>17726875
Have you ever seen the warning for asprin?
Are you never taking asprin again?
>>
As a parent: yes

The doctor who published that study later admitted to falsifying the evidence.

The fact that we can worry about this at all shows how good we have it. Vaccines have made it so dozens of deadly, painful, and debilitating diseases are practically nonexistent. It feels like they aren't necessary, because they have made it safe enough that we don't have to worry about these diseases in our daily lives. If you look at how much these diseases wracked society, you will understand how much of a godsend vaccines were. These diseases became eradicated because pretty much the entire population gladly took vaccines to protect themselves.

And now, we don't have to worry about these diseases, right? Well, vaccines have done most of the work, but pretty much all of these diseases are poised to make a comeback if our defenses fall enough. Only smallpox has really been truly eradicated. All the others can and do still infect people. And there has been a resurgence of these diseases entirely due to the lies being spread about vaccines. Measles was up something like 400% in the past couple years.

I understand wanting to protect your kid. You want to make sure they have the best life possible. But autism is developed in utero, it's a change in the brain. Not something that a vaccine given after delivery would do. The chemicals people tout as being so dangerous in vaccines are present in harmless forms or in quantities that pose absolutely no risk. You get more arsenic from eating an organic pear than you do from a vaccine. And two of the most dangerous compounds, sodium (highly volatile and explosive) and chlorine (a deadly poison), come together into not just a harmless compound, but an absolutely vital one: Sodium Chloride, or table salt. Our body -needs- these "deadly chemicals".

1/2
>>
>>17726914
cont. 2/2

This is also not just about the health of your kid. Choosing whether or not to vaccinate is also a matter of protecting everybody else.

Some people cannot get vaccines. The elderly, people with compromised immune systems from things such as HIV, some infants, etc. These people are affected by your decision.

There is a concept called "herd immunity". You can look it up, and I suggest you do, but I will summarize it. In order to spread or get a foothold in a population, a disease needs hosts. It needs to be able to travel from person to person. This is how diseases work. The more people a disease can infect, the more the disease is prevalent. If a disease makes it to someone with a compromised immune system, they have no hope, because their body can't fight back.

So how do we protect these people? BY making it so the disease can't be passed by person to person. If a disease is making its way through a population, and 99% of the population is vaccinated, then the disease is stopped in its tracks nearly every single time. This is called herd immunity. By vaccinating everyone who can be, we protect those who can't. But fewer people are vaccinating. that 99% success rate has plummeted. Now, herd immunity is failing and people who are at-risk are being exposed much more often. This is why measles, a disease that had nearly disappeared, has had tens of thousands of cases in recent years. With herd immunity gone, the population is at risk, and we risk infecting people who have no defenses.

Please vaccinate. Vaccines are wonderful. They have been used safely for decades. The reason diagnoses of autism in on the rise is not because there are more cases. It's because we have a better understanding of autism and can diagnose more accurately. This is true of all sicknesses, such as celiac. Autistic people have always been there. It's just that now we have a term for their condition.
>>
>>17726938
>>17726855

Thank you for all your advises. There are also some "optional" vaccines given by the doctors. Which ones should we take?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0opgc1WoS4
>>
>>17726976
Honestly? I suggest all of them. The doctors will tell you if it's not recommended to do any, so you might as well prevent as many infections as possible.

If your child is a boy, I also recommend that you get them the HPV vaccine. The HPV vaccine is given at 11 years or so, before kids become sexually active.

HPV is a virus that causes cervical cancer in females. It can sometimes harm males, but usually it doesn't. Females are given HPV vaccines routinely. Males generally are not, since they're usually asymptomatic, a lot of people opt out. However, just because the virus doesn't usually affect males (and it still does sometimes!) they still act as asymptomatic carriers if they're not vaccinated. So, to prevent them from unwittingly spreading the disease (since, while most women are vaccinated, some slip through the cracks and would get infected), I recommend giving it to a son, too. Once again, herd immunity. If more men were vaccinated against it, then fewer people would be infected even if they didn't get vaccinated.

I'm going to make sure my son gets it when he's old enough. To protect both him and others.
>>
>>17726875
>>17726893
There's even a warning on artificial sweetener.

They have to issue you those warnings to cover their ass in case you end up the unlucky 0.0001% or whatever very low rate it is that suffers those affects and say that you were informed there was a slight risk. But if you don't vaccinate and you are one of the, iunno, 30% (point is it'll be a MUCH higher risk than the possible vaccine side effect) or whatever that does contract the disease you could have gotten the vaccine for, you don't get to sue anybody because it's no one's fault but your own, and your doctor can say they provided you the option to vaccinate and you refused. Those warnings are just red tape, they're not looking out for your well being as much as they're protecting the powers that be.
>>
>>17726842
yeah of course you should vaccinate him. the more important question is whether you should circumsize him or not, and the answer is
>NO NO NO DONT FUCKING DO IT DONT CHOP OFF PART OF HIS DICK DONT PRETEND IT IS OK TO CHOP OFF PART OF HIS DICK JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD PART OF YOUR OWN DICK CHOPPED OFF
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.