[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to break addiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: adderall-fb.jpg (391KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
adderall-fb.jpg
391KB, 1200x800px
I've come to terms that I am addicted to taking stimulants such as adderall and I don't know how to break the cycle. The biggest issue is that I'm a student and now that I'm dependent on these pills, when I'm not on them I have literally no drive to get anything done. It's gotten so bad that I don't even find the idea of playing video games fun anymore when I'm sober. When I don't have any pills I usually just spend my day sleeping and experience many depression like symptoms, which I'm aware are just part of the withdrawal from stimulants. I don't know what I hope to accomplish from this post, maybe I'm just venting, pretty much as soon as I have a full month where I do not have to do any work that requires hours of focus I will stop taking these pills and allow myself to get through the withdrawal without fucking up my grades or life. I guess what I'm asking is: am I a piece of shit for still taking these pills while knowing that I am addicted?
>>
>>17726327
replace it with another addition. Best one is running if you have the time and commitment. Running all the time. multiple times a day. When I was in college I ran 10 miles a day to break all of my bad habits. Not that I intentionally did it. Just would run 2 miles in the morning, 3 mile job mid day, and at night I would run until I felt I ran off whatever I need to which was usually like 5 miles.
Broke my shitty diet habits as well.
>>
>>17726333
Would doing this help with the depression-like withdrawal symptoms. That's a big issue with quitting and when I have this withdrawal I have no desire to do anything including my school work.
>>
Former meth addict here. It took me literally 5 years to stop. Do whatever it takes. Don't swallow everything AA teaches you whole, and don't get shamed if you don't believe their (shitty) beliefs. Look into SMART recovery, but don't swallow everything they say whole.

Read the wikipedia on addiction so you can get an idea of what's happening in your body. Understanding why your mind wants the drug helps put things in perspective.

People who call you stupid or weak haven't been truly addicted. People who shame you for it, or tell you you're inherently a bad person, are just assholes.

Things will go back to normal. It doesn't sound like you used huge doses or have been using for a long time, so the damage to your brain is probably minimal.

GL
>>
>>17726333
What's your resting heart rate?
>>
Train your will power. Those boot camps to excersice are great places to train your will power. That will give you small examples of "I can put more effort and make it". So you start gaining will power.
You can do it with running as well. It's just that not everybody enjoys the alone time. Usually that means that your mind is against you. You might be the type of people that needs to quiet the mind because your mind is an asshole.
Anyway, another thing to train your will power is fasting. Fasting is a milenary technique to make you a better person. So, it works for addictions.
>>
>>17726327
stimulant addiction is relatively common in students, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I would wonder what kind of context did you start taking them in (to study, parties, to combat boredom, for sex etc)
and what kind of a context are you taking them in now?

what kind are you taking (amphtamine/speed, methanphetimine/ice/meth, prescription stimulants/ritalin,aderall) and what kind of dosages are we talking about here

do the people around you take drugs, or is it just you going solo?

are you happy generally?
do you worry a lot about things?
>>
>>17726327
you arent necessarily a piece of shit, just an addict
>>
>Addicted to adderall
You'd have to be taking well above 60mg religiously for that to happen.
You're just slower, less focused, and "depressed" when you're "sober" because you're not hopped up on amphetamines. You're not addicted, you're just aware how stupid you normally are.
>>
>>17727278
>"I am taking drugs and want to stop but cant"
>"nah, you aint addicted"

you fucking stupid mate?
>>
>>17727284
No, I'm an actual addict, and what he's describing is just what it's like to not be on ampethamines after taking them regularly for extended periods of time.

He's not addicted, he's coming off a year long buzz. He doesn't like the feeling of being stupid compared to the magic smarts you get from adderall, and he' calling that "addiction".
When he starts getting the shakes from not being on it, then we can say he's addicted. Until then he's just a fucking baby.
>>
>>17727290
you dont need to be as low down into it as you to be an addict, everyone has different bottoms my friend

>t. went to rehab (albeit outpatient without any time spent in detox) for marijuana
>>
OP could be addicted to amphetamines even if he doesn't use that many

"addiction" has many elements, and the volume of a drug consumed is only a rough guide, amphetamines are notoriously addictive and you don't need to take much to have a chemical addiction

t. person who drinks three beers a day, and is alcoholic because I weight 55kg
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.