[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'LL SUE THE PANTS OFF YOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: shame.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
So I'm in one of those student living apartments where they'll randomly match you with someone after filling out a form.

The problem is that the office responsible has matched me with someone who smokes, and I have a brain tumor. It qualifies me as being disabled in my college (according to the disability accommodations offices). I can't be around smoke at all. Granted, tenants are only allowed to smoke outside on the patio next to the unit, not inside, but if any of you've lived with a smoker you know it gets everywhere. It gets in clothes, hair, furniture, anything that can absorb it will absorb it. Not to mention, now I can't go on a patio that I pay money to have.

The office knows about this, and they set me up with a smoker. She just walked in the door. I had talked to her beforehand and had what I thought was a lovely conversation and agreed that we wouldn't be able to live peacefully together.

Few days later I got the bitchiest letter from the student living office telling me I was basically a judgmental cow and that I should respect my new roommate. And that she would be moving into the room.

That's when I freaked out a little bit because holy shit these people. My back and left arm ached, face went numb, I couldn't talk properly, I thought I was having a heart attack and called the 911s. EMT guys showed up, things calmed down after they got there. I've had one panic attack in my life and it was nothing like that, but it could very well have been one.

Anyway, the question. Do I have the grounds to sue or to take any legal action here? I've been trying to get the damn lease terminated and just get the hell out, but the office has told me the only options I have are to lease out the space or pay them the fees for them lease it out. I'm in the state of Texas, I dunno if that makes a difference.

Should I at least get a lawyer?
>>
>>17725786
>Herp Delp mah tumor
You sound like a whiney bitch. Your room mate could probably tell in that one conversation, which is why she agreed you two would be bad roommates.
>>
Um. People don't smoke inside
>>
>>17725786
maybe talk to your doctor so he can write a letter which states that you must not live with a smoker (even if that person only smokes outside).

that way, they cannot let you live together with a smoker, because they would be responsible for any complications if they knowingly ignored this.
>>
Americans with Disabilities Association, give them a call.
>>
>>17725786
How is your brain tumor relevant for your roommate smoking? Specially if they don't even smoke inside.

> It gets in clothes, hair, furniture, anything that can absorb it will absorb it.
If you don't like the smell, too bad. That's always a part when living with somebody else.

>Do I have the grounds to sue or to take any legal action here?
I don't like my room mate habits is a pretty shit excuse. It weird that they didn't find somebody else for you but hey, it's college and most kids smoke so it was probably a pain for them to find a non smoker.
>>
Is this brain tumor located in your lungs or something
>>
>>17725786

You can sue, but you probably wont gain anything from it due to how long they'll draw out the case, lawyer fees, etc.
>>
There must be any kind of damage for a civil action.
You could, however, exhaust(?) all the administrative ways available, once you have done that consult a lawyer

If you do this you can totally start the path for suing for moral damage and force them to respect the contract.
"I would have only sign this if you promised to respect my condition*"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.