[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I right to be a little creeped out by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

A guy in my circle of friends always kisses me on the cheek (not an air-kiss, instead he presses his lips directly to my cheek) when we say goodbye. He didn't start doing this after a few encounters and I've never seen him do it to anyone else. Also, he stares at me quite a lot and he doesn't look away when his look catches mine.

Am I right to feel a little creeped or weirded out by this? Also, don't call me superficial, he's not unattractive-looking, it's just the behavior that I find a bit weird.
>>
>>17725707

He's probably attracted to you. If it makes you uncomfortable, just tell him and ask him nicely to stop.
>>
>>17725707
Too late, you let him creep his way in. Only way to end it is by creating a big scene.
The best you can do is have a spaced out look next time he does it, then put on a very disgusted/uncomfortable puzzled face and then vaguely say sorry and walk away. Then next time he goes for it he'll already be hesitant which gives you a chance to stop it without completely blindsiding him.
>>
Entirely your fault. You allowed it the first time without telling that autist to fuck off with that shit.

Sit him down and let him know that knock it off or the friendship is over.
>>
>>17725721
Why are you so quick to conclude that he is autistic?
>>
>>17725729

What guy would kiss his female friend on the cheek? Even the sperge lords here don't do that shit,
>>
>>17725731
I guess he just has a crush or something and wants to find a way to touch me in a way that he perceives as socially acceptable? The fact that he kisses me is not disturbing in and of itself, it's just that it kind of weirds me out when he knows he's not my type.
>>
>>17725731
>>17725748
Forgot to ask though: so you think I'm right in being a little weirded/creeped out by this?
>>
bamp
>>
>>17725707

It's right to be creeped out by physical contact that makes you uncomfortable.

If you think he will understand, talk it out privately to avoid embarrassing him. If you don't feel good doing that, then just try to keep a physical distance or ask someone that you trust to help you handle it.

But you have the right to not like how someone handles you. Just be polite when asking him to stop. And sorry to hear that.
>>
>>17725803
It's not hurting me at all, nor is it embarrassing me so much. I just feel it's kind of weird/creepy to consciously look for socially acceptable ways to touch a girl, I guess? Is that a reasonable response?
>>
>>17725759
Yeah its definitely weird and u can be weirded out by it or not like it. Not necessarily saying he's a complete weirdo cause everyones done stupid stuff. But yeah, you should definetly text him and tell him stop as nicely as possible and that you arent in interested in him if you arent. Try to be nice and he might be a little but hurt js.
>>
>>17725813
What do you mean by:
>Try to be nice and he might be a little but hurt js.
>>
>>17725809
>Is that a reasonable response?

Yes. You don't have to justify why you don't like it. You just don't like it.

As long as you are not mean when telling him, you are not in the wrong. It's a crappy situation, that's for sure, but you don't have to endure something that creeps you out.

Just don't use this as an excuse to mean or to embarrass him, that's all.

But if he keeps it up after you tell him, then by all means embarrass him.
>>
Like others have said, you're justified in feeling that way, but if you keep letting him do it without telling him to stop, then you're only exacerbating the problem yourself.
>>
>>17725707

He could be creepy, he could be flamboyant and very emotional, or he can be a foriegn person where it's common to say goodbye by kisses on the (butt)cheek

if you feel uncomfortable about it, just tell him and he'll stop, unless he literally can't pick up on social cues or is a rapist.
>>
>>17725819
I just ment to say not everyone handles rejection well so he might be a little mad.
>>
>>17725813
>u
You wrote all that text yet it was too hard to type 'you'? Jesus, you women are dumb cunts.
>>
>>17725707
Just tell him to please stop doing that. You should never endure something you find uncomfortable/creepy. It'll just snowball into becoming a doormat to people
>>
>>17725809
I don't think this is creepy in and of itself, but I feel like it depends on both context and the recipient. If it makes you uncomfortable because you don't appreciate the attention, that's valid. If he likes you and isn't sure how else to express it, maybe it's less creepy from an outsider standpoint. If he's just using this socially acceptable stuff as an excuse to touch you because it gets him off or whatever, that's creepy, yeah.
>>
>>17725893
I said those words and im a guy. I say u cause i dont got time to worry about letters and shit like ur bitchmade ass.
>>
"Im not looking for any kind of relations with the opposite gender" should pretty much end it at that.
>>
>>17725942
I don't know if it gets him off, he doesn't touch me in a sexual way or anything. Seems to be more emotional I guess? It's not like he's touching my more feminine body parts - hips or ass or anything like that.
>>
>>17725809
So he was meant to look for socially unacceptable ways to touch a girl? I don't understand women, and I'm sick of being a creep. You are shallow, if he was attractive you would be all over it.
>>
>>17725985
ignore mentally challenged individuals
>>
>>17726006
fuck you im trying really hard and this type c0mment is not helpful!!
>>
>>17726014

What are you trying hard to do?

Blowing up in a hateful tirade against a woman that has done nothing personally to you is not the best start if your goal is picking up girls.

Also, I'm not the same Anon.
>>
>>17725981
You seem to be seeking approval for your feelings and/or trying to get clarification of a social norm, so I'll put it this way:

Looking for "socially acceptable" ways to touch girls is not inherently creepy, but may be so depending on context, the nature of the touching, the participants, etc.

That said, there is nothing wrong with being uncomfortable with someone repeatedly touching you in ways you don't want or like, and you are justified in taking measures to ensure that it stops.

Other people's opinion of whether it's "creepy" doesn't make a difference here. If you're worried that you're making a big fuss over nothing, don't worry, you're not. Honestly it sounds like he's into you and he's probably interpreting your lack of rejection as a sign of interest, so clearly and explicitly rejecting that attention/asking or telling him to stop very soon will probably be better for both of you in the long run.
>>
>>17725985
Well, it's kind of creepy to come up with some sort of tactic for touching your female friend when you know she's not interested, if you're not flirting or anything, just sort of crushing on her. If you intend to seem nonchalant about it.
>>
>>17726024

I am this anon

>>17725942
>>17726023

and I agree. Wasn't putting the pieces together.

Yes, OP, this is reasonable to consider creepy. I'm just trying to say that this particular context, and a bunch of anons saying "yeah that's creepy" isn't necessary for you to rationally want someone to stop kissing you and starting at you. If it's attention you don't want, make that clear.
>>
>>17725842
I'm from a country where real kisses on the cheeks are a completely normal way to say goodbye, but it's still awkward as fuck to single one individual out, especially when it is obvious that you are acting on romantic interest under the guise of just having an alternative habit of greeting.

As for OP, the best way to counter this is get in before him and pointedly give him a brief hug. Keep doing this until he's gotten the message that the kisses are unwelcome.
>>
>>17726019
I'm trying to live my life without everyone thinking I'm a horrible creepy misogynist. I want them to see me as confident in the face of adversity, which is what I am.
>>
>>17726024
I'm doomed. Suicide inc
>>
>>17725985
Touching isn't some secret level you unlock without knowing beforehand. Grabbing a girl again and again with zero enthusiasm from her side is not going to suddenly make her like you.

If a girl eagerly goes in for big hugs etc, then you can kiss her on the cheek at some point, and if she does it back or gives a big smile you know that's now okay. But that's an entirely different scenario from just single-handedly deciding that you're now going to give her a kiss every time you see her.
>>
>>17726060

I have read three posts by you. In the first one, you are a creepy misogynist taking out your frustrations on someone else.

Sorry, but those people might be unto something there.
>>
I hate this 'any physical contact that does not fit some arbitrary boundary is creepy' attitude typical of these SJW days so much.
Everything is so sanitized, I want filth and contact all over the place, so maybe we can live together without paranoia and fear of the Other.
>>
>>17726087
There's a difference between being more physical and obviously showing covert interest in a way that is physical and uncomfortable to publicly shut down.

I doubt that if some girl you had zero romantic/sexual interest in made a big thing out of giving you and only you a smacking kiss on the cheek after every time you went out as a group you'd feel great about that. \

It's not creepy because kissing someone on the cheek is over the line, it's creepy because he shows zero regard for whether OP is up for this and just decided that this is going to be their thing now.
>>
>>17726099
>you'd feel great about that
Of course I wouldn't, but that's THE POINT. There's a world out there that doesn't cater to my desires and wants, people exists apart of me, the world exists apart of me. That's what maturity means, to accept you're just another cog in the machine and no one and nothing should change to make you 'feel great'. That's narcissism, vanity.
>>
>>17726113

So you have to be a doormat and people have the right to do to you anything they want?

Don't be absurd.
>>
>>17726113
Your point makes no sense at all. So in this scenario because the guy got this grand idea, OP should suck it up and undergo his kisses and wanting him to respect her boundaries is narcissistic, but it's not narcissistic for him to expect her to cater to his desire to touch her?

Also we're talking about your own private bubble of bodily integrity here. People have to deal with tons of stuff already on a daily basis, from working a job they don't like to paying their bills thanks to said job and keeping their house clean. How much stuff does a person really do on a daily basis simply because they feel like doing it, it improves their mood, makes them feel alive?
And then on top of everything else you have to hand over the right within your own private life and the people you seek out to get across what your boundaries are and have people respect those?
>>
>>17726118
I'm talking about mental attitude and the way to see the world, typical on this board, that can be dangerous and harmful, of creating a safe space and everyone else is a danger.

>>17726121
As for OP, she'll have to deal with the guy like an adult and tell him to fuck off and stop it.
>>
>>17726142
>As for OP, she'll have to deal with the guy like an adult and tell him to fuck off and stop it.
Which is pretty much what everyone in this thread has been telling her, so what's the big deal then?
>>
>>17726121
>Also we're talking about your own private bubble of bodily integrity here.

Do you live in the middle ages? On a war zone? Central Africa? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>17726142

"Safe space" is a buzz word that I only hear from anti-SJWs nowadays.

Telling someone "please, don't kiss me like that" is not unreasonable. It doesn't step on your freedom.

So calm down.
>>
>>17726147
How exactly is liking to have the final say about what happens to your body (which is bodily integrity) outdated in any way? Or how is it unreasonable to suggest that this is a more personal and important area for virtually all people than, say, accepting something they don't like in the professional realm?
>>
>>17726155
>>17726145
The problem here is that this thread exists in the first place: instead of dealing with it directly, OP chooses a semblance of authority to tell her what to do and save her from responsibility.
>>
>>17725748
>When he knows he's not my type
You're certain of this?
>>
>>17726157
Because you don't choose what happens to your body, no one does. The time and place you live in does.
>>
>>17726160

It's the same as when guys as for encouragement before asking a girl out. She has something difficult to do, so she is trying to make sure she is not exaggerating and wants some feedback.

That's the point of this board. Or do you only complain when it's a girl trying to get rid of a guy?
>>
>>17725707
Tell him not to do it.
It's that simple.
>>
>>17726165
To some extent, yeah, but doesn't that apply to anything? People also have a right not to be discriminated against etc but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I am advocating that it is a legitimate desire to have (that most if not all people have).

And that sometimes inevitable stuff happens that we have no control over and cannot avoid, to me is in no way related to people who can consciously respect your wishes and stop doing something to you that you don't want.
>>
>>17726169
>It's the same as when guys as for encouragement before asking a girl out.
Same problem. But I don't want to tackle here, it would take too much time

>She has something difficult to do
She does not. Chill out.

>so she is trying to make sure she is not exaggerating and wants some feedback
It's part of life, every action comes with a share of guilt, I get that she's anxious, but she needs to learn to cope with that anxiety herself and not crowdsource on the internet.
>>
>>17726172
I honestly don't get what you're trying to say.
>>
>>17726178
>she needs to learn to cope with that anxiety herself and not crowdsource on the internet.

Yeah, that's not what you said. You are changing your point now.

Here, let me remind you:

>I hate this 'any physical contact that does not fit some arbitrary boundary is creepy' attitude typical of these SJW days so much.
>Everything is so sanitized, I want filth and contact all over the place, so maybe we can live together without paranoia and fear of the Other.

Don't try to act now like you want to help.
>>
>>17726185

Anon is saying that the inevitability of life is not about people CHOOSING to touch you in ways you don't like.
>>
>>17726185
Pretty much what the other anon said, yeah. I did not mean to imply that you have full control over what happens to you body, but I don't see how it is relevant to the things you do have control over either.
>>
>>17726190
Yes it is, you then choose to fight back. It's been like this since Day 1. No one is going to protect you, no God, no government and no ONU. It's going to happen, they are free to bother you and you're free to fight back; and live your life in peace. That's it.
>>
>>17726213

Read the damn thread. That's what we've been telling her. Stop picking imaginary fights.
>>
>>17726219
>That's what we've been telling her

I know, I know. And after doing that, and when the (inevitable) setbacks occur, at least she can say to herself: '4chan made me do it'.
>>
>>17726231

So let me get this straight. If we tell her that she has to stand up for herself, it's bad. But if YOU say it, then it's fine.
>>
>>17725731
A lot of people including other countries do this to females.
>>
>>17726247
See >>17726042
>>
>>17726247

Read her comment. She only does that to her. It's clearly not common where they live or where he is from.
>>
>>17726239
We shouldn't tell her anything, this thread is a circle-jerk, is like asking what you should do if your bladder is full.
My left hand holds my dick as I type this.
>>
>>17726188
Hahahaha he's not even replying he got fucked so bad.
>>
>>17726270

> There's a world out there that doesn't cater to my desires and wants, people exists apart of me, the world exists apart of me. That's what maturity means, to accept you're just another cog in the machine and no one and nothing should change to make you 'feel great'. That's narcissism, vanity.

>Because you don't choose what happens to your body, no one does. The time and place you live in does.

> No one is going to protect you, no God, no government and no ONU. It's going to happen, they are free to bother you and you're free to fight back; and live your life in peace. That's it.

Then thanks for sharing all these cute nuggets of advice. I mean, you clearly can tell her about the world and shit but we can't.

I guess you are just so much wiser than us.
>>
>>17726270
Surprises me that you manage to shit the goalposts continually with just one hand.
>>
>>17726288
>*shift
>>
File: 1477101767005.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1477101767005.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
>>17726278
>>17726288

Sorry if I hit a sore spot.
>>
>>17726298

No, you didn't. You are just being a hypocrite. I wanted to point it out clearly.
>>
>>17726301
Giving advice is not a problem, the problem is that OP never asked advice, she asked for confirmation, there is nothing to advise her in, there's no doubt of what she should do at all. If you don't get this your brain is broken.
>>
>>17726312

Yet the original comment on the thread is about SJWs and the second about being a cog in the machine.

Why do I feel the point you are trying to makr shifted along the way?
>>
>>17726330
hahahah, continue picking my posts you resentful bastard, I'm taking a nap.
>>
>>17726338

Have a good nap. Hope you wake up feeling less angry about everything.
>>
>>17725748
>he knows he's not my type.

No, he doesn't know, you fucking woman. And you need to reinforce than immediately.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.