[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressing people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, I've been talking to this girl online for a few days now, and I just blocked her a few minutes ago.
I really enjoyed chatting with her and she sent me some pictures of her face that were really cute, but about yesterday she started talking about all these mental illnesses she had and how depressed and lonely she was and shit.
Anyways, that sort of shit really bums me out, and recently, her self-harm and depression has been at the core of our conversations. After she sent me a pic of her cutting herself I just got really depressed and I blocked her.
I just came to ask what experience you've had with depressed people in the past.
>how do you deal with it?
>does it depress you to be around depressing people?
>Is it worth talking or hanging around depressed people if they make you feel bad?

I feel really guilty about blocking her, she was cute, but I just need some affirmation that I made the right decision.
>>
>>17724327
weirdos gonna weird ya know.
>>
>>17724327
Well, she will feel even more depressed now, so good job.
>>
>>17724333
Not OP's problem anymore
She fucked by spilling all her depression and other bullshit problems to a guy she was talking to for just a few days
OP doesn't owe her shit
>>
>>17724333
Nah, she'll be bummed out for about a half an hour, then go find another guy to talk to. Especially if she's cute like op says, she'll be fine.
>>
OP here, does anyone feel like it's worth trying to help depressed people? Do you think this was just attention seeking?
>>
i think you're alright. i agree with the other replies that you dont owe her anything. if anything, tell her to talk to someone who knows how to react to shit like that like school counselor or a shrink or whatever. dont feel bad. her problems arent your problems unless you make them yours, ya digg? she wants a captain save a ho and it aint you
>>
>>17724359
if they mean something to you then yes, it's def worth it

yes it sounds like it
this is her battle that she's gonna have to learn to deal with, not yours
>>
>>17724359
helping loved ones with their issues is good, but dont ever get in to a relationship thinking you can fix them
>>
>>17724327
Its best not to affiliate with those types of people, they only bring you down. Good on ya OP for blocking her rather than suffering trying to help her.
>>
>>17724327
My friend did this to me 8 months ago and I still haven't gotten over it. I wish he just told me what was wrong. I'd had tried my best to say better things and be a better person if he told me I wasn't being the friend he wanted.but no, in the click of a button the best friend I ever had ended our 2 year friendship.
>>
>>17724327
Show her what real harm is by paying someone to hit her with a chair.
>>
>>17724445
May I ask for your initials? You sound like someone I know, the date is spooky close.
>>
>>17724477
RE

Sorry for the late response, went to sleep after.
>>
Like, I'm depressed and shit.. But, you can't let other people in on that. Go be alone in your fortress of solitude all day, but if you're interracting with people you can't let them see you down like that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.