[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is clinical depression real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1587152330442.jpg (14KB, 438x88px) Image search: [Google]
1587152330442.jpg
14KB, 438x88px
Is clinical depression real?
>>
>>17723492
Yes, it is a diagnosed mental illness that the scientific and medical community agrees on.

The fuck made you think it wasn't?
>>
>>17723498
I stopped taking antidepressants completely after reading some stuff on /pol/, also personally i feel like they made me too comfortable
>>
>>17723506

look man i love pol but don't try to take everything they say seriously. i know they'll try to say that anti depressants or ritalin is degenerate and a threat to whitetopia and whitetopia only works if you tough through everything but depression is real and antidepressants can and do help some people.
>>
>>17723506
/pol/ said the volcano under Yellowstone National Park was guaranteed to blow up last year on some arbitrary October date. They also thought Los Angeles was going to get nuked three or four years ago, that the Citigroup Center was going to collapse, that the holocaust didn't happen, aliens and Jews are controlling our world leaders, you get the point, they have an awful track record of being correct or scientifically accurate.

Were you diagnosed by a psychiatrist or a regular doctor? Regular docs sometimes just throw prescriptions at people, which isn't good, because different antidepressants work very differently for different people. Sometimes they can even have the exact opposite effect on someone; my sister was taking Lexapro but it ended up making her more suicidal than she already was. That's not to say, though, that Lexapro doesn't work wonders for some people.

Which one were you taking?

Consider going back to the doc to try something else, but if it's really bad you may want to see a therapist too. The first line of defense should always be to try and consciously resolve the problem through talking and working it out for yourself etc. But that doesn't mean that clinical depression and antidepressants are a hoax.
>>
>>17723540
I was on pills since i was about 11 or so before i stopped taking them, got put with a psychiatrist (who prescribed me the medication) by a doctor, i think I've learned to control my depression but feel that i get more anxious than most.
>>
>>17723644
Well I had depression and was on meds for a while but decided to stop taking them when I felt I had improved enough I no longer needed them. It was certainly difficult work in therapy to get to that point and staying positive can be a daily struggle, but it's one I've proven up to the task of. Do you feel like youre in control of your emotions and aren't falling back into depression without meds? Remember medication is just a tool.
>>
>>17723656
>Do you feel like youre in control of your emotions and aren't falling back into depression without meds?
It depends on the day, but when i'm down i'll usually end up skipping school (I've already missed about 10 days or so this year) and getting anxious about my lack of emotional control.
>>
>>17723506
Congratulations, you are probably the most gullible fucking dumbass in existence
>>
No because nothing is real, everything is a symbol that stands for something in a reality that we cannot perceive.
>>
>>17723506
Post the /pol/ stuff, my dude. Don't really go there, but I enjoy the occasional redpill info.
>>
>>17723712
thanks anon that helps my case out a lot

>>17723721
I don't have anything, sorry
>>
>>17723667
Well that's a big cause for concern, think of the money you (or your parents) are wasting if you fail classes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.