[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to stop being asexual?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is it possible to stop being asexual?
>>
Are you asking for yourself or a friend?

My guess would be probably not unless the low sex drive is being caused by some health issue or medication.
>>
>>17723257
I'm asking for myself. Not having anything that feels nice or fun or being able to make life interesting is getting old.
>>
>>17723280
I think a lot of those outcomes can result from way more things than just sex, like your hobbies and interests. What sort of asexual are you? By that I mean, are you apathetic towards sex, don't get pleasure out of it, or repulsed by it?
>>
>>17723285
If I have to choose between being fucked and being punched in the face, I'll choose being punched in the face.

I just want to be able to go out and meet people and have fun without having to be scared of sex.
>>
Asexual meetup. Most websites have asexual listings. This isn't rocket science OP.
>>
>>17723351
I am living in a country with a population less than that of London city, suburbs excluded. It's impossible enough to find someone near my age with my interests. I've never met one.
>>
>>17723417
We get it, swedie todd. Get online friends and after finding someone with common interest, maybe travel to meet up. What interests do you have? How old are you?
>>
>>17723417
It's not unlikely someone feels the same way. Don't let that stop you, OP. The thing standing between you and being with someone who doesn't mind your asexuality is you. Even if you don't meet anyone, you can say you tried and you can network with others to see who's available on the asexual side.

It sounds like it's more than just asexuality that's keeping you from having comfortable relationships. If you can at least get the possibility of sex out of the way, you can feel more comfortable knowing you don't have to worry about them if you make friends.
>>
>>17723426
I'm 22 and interested in cultural history, anthropology, theatre and opera and the vague kind of semi-philosophical discussion that isn't just a constant dick measuring competition of who knows more obscure fancy words.

But I'm otherwise pretty working class, I'm down to abusing substances and buy booze according to the highest alcohol volume with the cheapest price, I'll curse and I wasn't really raised wrapped in silk, so I'm outside of everyone's comfort zone. Not trying to be a special snowflake or anything, I just got the shit end of both sticks.

>>17723453
I don't even want to be WITH someone. I'm not looking for a happily ever after. I just want to have people to hang out with, but I know where it always ends up when you hang out alone with a guy.
>>
>>17723489
What kind of anthropology? Do you study those subjects? Are you involved in theatre or is it a passive interest?
I'm assuming you're a girl?
>>
>>17723524
Mostly just random details about how people lived in different places in different eras, and how little people actually have changed over millenia. Like I once read a book about the cultural status of blondes in western history, about how ancient roman prostitutes used to bleach their hair or wear orange-yellow wigs in order to be easier told apart from proper dark-haired roman ladies, and that the origins of the dumb blonde stereotype could have been founded from one single particular 18th century french courtesan who was known for being stunningly beautiful and really, really, really fucking stupid.

In shakespeare's england, the word "stone" was used both as an unit of weight and in reference to testicles, and plays of the era are full of dirty puns about it.

I'm too stupid to get into university, and my job and current location keep me from visiting any theatre as often as I'd like (I tried personally performing in a play once for school, and I didn't like it). Writing or directing a play could be fun, but I wouldn't like being on the stage, myself.

I'm a girl.
>>
>>17723547
Why do you you're too stupid for university?
A random blonde fact; Romans kept Germanic slaves with blonde hair as a status symbol. They were highly sought after and very expensive.

Also, in certain areas in sub-Saharan Africa blondes are seen to have magical abilities, so a traveler can sell their hair for a good price to local witch doctors.

I'm a guy.
>>
>>17723573
Because the university system in my country is constructed in a very brutal way. You don't just apply to an university, you'll have to apply to a particular line of study, where they usually have some kind of a collection of tasks that you need to do beforehand, such as designing a stage or solving a problem or creating a piece of art with a specific subject.

These inputs are then evaluated by the school, and the cream of the crop who is judged to be sufficiently talented is invited to the entrance exams, where the very best of the very best are allowed in. Sometimes the number of students that are permitted into the university to study this particular line of study that they have devoted their lives to is no greater than 4 or 5.

I am not in the top 1% of anything at all.

And the book about blondes started with the author's personal account about that happening, when she was travelling through Africa and the harsh sun had bleached her hair, and some man sought her out (calling "white woman! White woman!") to help with his son's headache or something, I can't remember. Coincidentally the boy got better, and she was very fascinated by this odd incident.
>>
>>17723601
That sounds highly impractical. What country? Are there only one system you can apply through? A lot of countries have private schools where you don't have to have years of prep behind you. You don't have anything like that? Are there no alternative schooling for everyone left out?
>>
>>17723625
im guessing she comes from a small europeon country. i could be wrong. and her country is probably like this to stop lots of people from attending university, in order to bound more people to their class. i mean, if everyone went to university, it would be kind of pointless because there are only so many jobs available. small europeon countries are normally rich as fuck anyway so she will still be on decent pay if she is working class.
>>
>>17723625
The schooling is almost entirely funded on taxes, so it's not profitable for them to let just anyone walk in.

There's open universities and vocational schools, of course, but I am still completely incapable of learning subjects that don't interest me. I tried to study to become an electrician since it seemed simple and practical enough compared to art. But there was so much math, I grit my teeth and cried and cried while I studied but I just could not get it in my head. I just couldn't.

I overwhelmed myself completely and had a breakdown at work. They called me an ambulance and I spent a week recovering in a mental ward. I gave up the school.
>>
>>17723660
unless you really want a job in a particular field, im not even sure if university is worth going to. im in uni, and its stressing as fuck sometimes. im only doing it because i dont know what else to do with myself.
>>
>>17723660
>I overwhelmed myself completely and had a breakdown at work. They called me an ambulance and I spent a week recovering in a mental ward. I gave up the school.
Well, that escalated quickly. Tell me about the ward. Did you meet any interesting people in there?
>>
>>17723670
Not this time. The first time I went to the ward I spent a whole two weeks there. I had newly graduated from college-preparatory high school and failed to get into university, so I tried to kill myself. Mom found me throwing up pills and got me to a hospital in time.

I ended up getting into this completely useless art school I hadn't even applied to (long story) and now that I've got that degree under my belt I have a much harder time getting into a real school because technically speaking I already have a "vocation". I grievously regret not dropping out or rejecting the invitation, I was so desperate to get into school I would have taken anything.
>>
>>17723695
Are we talking Soviet Russia here? Why would it matter if you had a 'vocation'?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17723703
They need to prioritise kids who have just gotten out of school and need an education. Most people who have a vocation are nurses, electricians, hairdressers, etc, people who have a "real job" and therefore are not in an immediate need of additional education.

I can make stained glass. The things I've done are too ugly for the rich and too expensive for the poor, so I don't have a bunny's chance in a piranha tank to make ends meet by hustling art, but on paper, officially, technically speaking, I have an "education" to a "job".

Reality slapped me in the face much, much too late. My parents should have demanded for me to study something real instead of spoiling me rotten by letting me do art.
>>
>>17723722
Yeah with art, unless there's a marked for it, you're basically screwed. But if you have a job and a stable life you could probably try to marked your art, try to get gallery connections and do online exposure of yourself. At least until you find out what you want to do long term. It will look good on your resume if you manage to pull off things like exhibitons.
>>
>>17723744
I have a job whose nature makes my schedules unstable, and I'm currently sleeping in a storage room and the car I use to go to work isn't my own.

I don't want to do art. I don't want to do glass. I hate each and every one of those ugly things and I just want to shatter all of them.
>>
>>17723318
whats so bad about it? it feels good!
>>
>>17723766
No it doesn't. It feels bad.
>>
>>17723778
so then dont do it!
>>
>>17723788
But I want to be social and go out and meet people.
>>
>>17723757
What do you want to do then?
>>
>>17723802
I want to be able provide food and shelter for myself without a constant fear of losing them.
>>
>>17723792
so then be social and meet people and dont have sex with them!
>>
>>17723818
You don't have friends who are guys, do you?
>>
>>17723825
i do, and believe it or not, i dont have to sleep with them to be friends with them
>>
>>17723837
How do you do it?
>>
>>17723841
by having more to offer my friends than my hole
>>
File: 1475800776200.jpg (27KB, 438x418px) Image search: [Google]
1475800776200.jpg
27KB, 438x418px
dis is geding good
>>
>>17723246
Asexuality is not an orientation. It's a base instinct and if you don't have it, there is something seriously wrong with you.

I don't unstand why 4chan tolerates MtF trans and buys into asexuality bullshit. and yet shuns every other minority.
>>
>>17723807
All animals in nature seek that, and none succeed. It is the constant drive towards fulfilling needs that makes people go on.
>>
>>17723844
It's not like I have a horde of guys fucking me day in and day out. I just don't have any male friends because of this. I don't want to spend time with someone dreading the whole time when he's going to whip his dick out.
>>
>>17723860
you either flirt too much with them or hang out with dickheads. but i mean, if worrying about them whipping it out is so horrible to you then just dont have male friends! you say you already dont, and whats wrong with keeping it that way? or better yet, gay men!
>>
>>17723867
How do I make friends with women?
>>
>>17723874
Do the same as with men, without the dicking part
>>
>>17723874
your problem isnt that you are asexual, your problem is that you are worthless
>>
>>17723887
I know.

I'm too stupid to figure out a painless way to kill myself and too much of a coward to do it the nasty way.
>>
>>17723899
There are places you can order oxygen-free helium online.

Guaranteed to be lethal, guaranteed to be painless. You just feel nice and calm, fall asleep and never wake up.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.