[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too boring for my age?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (14KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 298x169px
Not humble bragging, I actually don't like this about me:

I get remarks from coworkers, people I meet and stuff that I'm "mature" for my age. I'm 23. Not in the refined, educated and experienced sense, but I apparently don't have a youthful air about me.

coworkers will ask what I did on the weekend. I'll say not much, went on a run, hike, went to see a show. "No parties anon? No crazy club nights? Isn't that what people your age are doing?"

"Are you going to any crazy happy hours anon?"

"N-no not really, I'll have a drink or two but I gotta be here in the morning"

"You're young! You can handle it."

People think I'm like 28-29 when I meet them. They're shocked when they realize I just graduated college and I don't know shit yet. Then the "aww you're a baby!" comments come out.

If older people say this about me, then I know I must be boring as fuck to people my own age.
Am I wasting my youth? Am I too rigid? should I really be doing the yolo thing?
>>
>>17722493
take more stumulants and try doing shit lol
should you be doing yolo stuff? how the fuck should we know? only one way to find out man
>>
>>17722493

Are you bored? Would you like to live "yolo" "style" and shit?

Don't change based on expectations for your age. Change because you are unhappy. If you are happy like this, then don't sweat it.
>>
>>17722493
I'm 22 people think I look 18, they ask If I do all the party shit, I say yes when in reality all I do after work and weekends is get home and play Vidya games
>>
I thought I was not a party guy, but since I've started ballroom dancing I learned that I love having a nice social life and going out with friends. Also, that's how I met my current gf. Give it a try!
>>
>>17722630
who the fuck even ballroom dances in this day and age
>>
>>17722718

Salsa and bachata are pretty popular around here (north-western Italy)
>>
>>17722718
it's definetly better than going to parties like the one in OP's pic.
>>
>>17722630
isn't ballroom dancing a queer thing? i like the music
>>
>>17722859

Having dance skills beyond A) Grabbing a woman's hips and swaying or B) Grabbing a woman's hips and she grinds on you is very useful. In this day and age, I think there are more queers into hip hop dancing than ballroom.

t. straight male
>>
>>17722859

Take a couple of months of salsa/bachata classes, or naybe swing/lindy hop etc and see if you like it. If you stick to it and find a good company to go out with it will change your life
>>
>>17722859
>dancing with women is gay

Seriously. Are you 12?
>>
That's jus impulsive people unable to control themselves.

Ignore them. You're not missing out on anything by being mature.
>>
>>17722493
Are you me? I'm also the OH so mature guy. I think it's a codeword for something else. Also if they assume we're in our 30's by our mid 20's, idk what awaits us when we actually become 30 somethings. Are we going to radiate some old sage shaolin monk bullshit aura?

I know I'm pretty boring, have few friends, and hkv. But I learned to like the little things in life and enjoy myself desu famalam, I don't give an f about anything.

But yeah making shit up or making it sound like I give a shit about partying and stuff when talking to colleagues/friends is absolutely exhausting. We weren't born for this world.
>>
>>17722936
>>17722885
Are you supposed to bring a dance partner to these kinds of classes? Or are there generally enough people? I want to try this but I'm new to my area and I don't make friends easily.
>>
>>17722493
I literally never get comments like this, even though I often tell people I don't do shit on weekends and that I haven't had a drink in 2 years (I'm 21). Their reaction is mostly just "fair enough" or "it's probably better for you that way anyway".
>>
>>17722493
I was the same way. Literally didn't give a shit. I decided to give what they were saying a try and found out that, surprise, I don't care for it.

What they're describing is what people who have nothing better to do and/or people who don't have enough intelligence to be entertained without drugs and alcohol.

Going out and having fun is fine and all unless that's all you do for fun which is most people.

Just be aware you need social skills. As long as you have them, do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>17723191
I'm not those anons but you don't have to bring a partner. In my classes, there are generally a even amount of guys and girls. Sometimes the girls outnumber the guys.
>>
>>17722936

>swing

I enjoy the music, but I hate myself too much to go out and learn how to dance. Then, there's the crippling depression, lack of all things relating to and including self esteem, and the fact that I'm just an overweight shit who doesn't care anymore.
>>
>>17722493
you're like me. i spend my week ends training, reading and going on a walk or inviting friends around to my house. i tried the whole partying thing, there was a period in my life for about half a year where i went clubbing or to parties almost every weekend and i realized that it isnt for me. it doesn't make you boring, it makes you different. the partying life style isnt for everyone but it has definitely become a norm. you're not wasting your youth if you're not doing something you dont enjoy. I will go clubbing like once every 3-4 months because its someones birthday, and i feel depressed every time i go.

I find it hard to make new friends because everyone new i meet pretty much just goes clubbing. my uni "friends" dont bother with me at all anymore because i always decline there offer to go drinking with them.
>>
>tfw your whole life is ahead of you and you're already dead inside.
>>
>>17723709

These are even better reasons to go and learn how to dance. It will give you a fun, regular activity to look forward to; you will be forced to give a shit about dressing decently and maybe getting in better shape when you start going out social dancing; your social skills and confidence will go through the roof and you will meet a lot of cool people who dance to have fun/test their skills, more than hooking up with random sluts.
>>
>>17723898

For starters, I can't afford lessons, let alone fancy clothes to go with it. I also work a shitty second shift job, so even if I could afford it, I am not available for the lessons anyway.

Believe it or not, my social skills are actually pretty good because I have to lie about being happy and normal all the time, and I have about 14 years of experience doing it. However, prolonged periods of time start to expose the ruse.
>>
i can relate
ive grown to hate the fuckers who would tell me what i "should be doing at my age"
here's an idea
a couple generations ago men my age were dying by the millions in the most horrific ways ever conceived
so how about they go fuck themselves
>>
File: 2016-11-01 00.52.56.png (207KB, 440x594px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-01 00.52.56.png
207KB, 440x594px
>>17723948
>Believe it or not, my social skills are actually pretty good because I have to lie about being happy and normal all the time
Hello other me.
>>
>>17724963

Funny enough, I used to sing his songs, particularly Music of the Night, all the time when I worked alone. Obviously, I couldn't do it as well as the professionals. I'd think I sounded pretty good, and then my hopes would be crushed under the weight of Crawford or someone similar.
>>
>>17722493
I'm 20 and I detest everything about clubbing.
I don't like the music. I don't like dancing to it. I don't like how loud it is. I don't like getting drunk. I don't like how crowded it is. I can't think of a single thing I enjoy about it.
All my friends, with a couple of exceptions, go clubbing every weekend. They invite me every time and I always say no. They don't judge me but they do pressure me sometimes.
Tbqh I'm growing tired of most of my friends precisely because our ways of life and outlook on it are starting to differ a lot, but that's a different issue.
>>
>>17724981
I feel you, dude. I think I'm the only dude in the city who hates clubbing.
>>
One man's boring is another man's reality.

If you're actually "mature", then you will benefit yourself in the future.
>>
>>17722493
>not getting blackout drunk is now seen as odd or pathological
>it was probably always seen as pathological
>the problem is I can't connect with other people
>is it me, or other people?
>>
>>17722493
>I get remarks from coworkers, people I meet and stuff that I'm "mature" for my age
Maybe just all of them want to go out and party because they dont do it when they where your age and they want to do it now so they use you as an excuse to go out and party
>>
I say learn from their irrationalities. Don't dance at clubs? Learn to dance swing or salsa.
No drugs? You produce adrenaline already, there ya go
Never go out? Go mean a lot
The universe is encouraging you to try something new
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.