[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMPULSIVE SPENDER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Pumpkin Toad.jpg (39KB, 358x373px) Image search: [Google]
Pumpkin Toad.jpg
39KB, 358x373px
Yo. I'm a NEET. I get $850 a month because I have a fuckton of mental illnesses.

Problem I want some advice on is that I spend my cash like a fucking madman. Even when I was broke as fuck, eating at a homeless shelter, I'd waste my money.

I'm extremely impulsive when it comes to spending. I bring my balance down to $0 as soon as I get my money. Take care of my rent and bills, but that's all.

It literally feels like my money is burning a hole in my pocket. I also feel a strong need to buy everything I want. I'll buy all the DLC for the games I own, I'll buy Collector's Editions, etc. etc.

Pretty worried 'cause I'll be getting twenty or thirty thousand in a month or two.

All I need to do is change my perspective. I don't want to become a stingy Jew, but I'd like to be more conservative.

Any advice on how I can do that?
>>
Get a job and stop stealing of my payroll you mooch. Then you will learn the value of money. If you can play games you can get a shitty job at Burger King.
>>
>>17722392
I live in Canada, nigger.
>>
>>17722392
Also, I've worked before. Still blew my cash.

Try to be less faggy next time you post.
>>
File: 1475039215818.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1475039215818.png
6KB, 377x330px
>>17722372
Write down all the things you buy and figure out what you can live without, or what has a cheaper alternative. Figure out where your money is going. So, yeah. Don't buy collector's edition and don't spend it on random shit. Don't buy fancy clothing or jewelry. Don't buy a new car. You can live without all those things. If you keep this up, you'll be living paycheck to paycheck in debt. Also get the best deal every time you spend. Go to thrift stores, buy used games instead of new, sell items you currently own that you don't need.

You also need to realize that money isn't something you're obligated to spend to reward your work. It's much better to invest in stocks/IRA. It's also good to make an emergency fund. If your balance is close to zero and you get injured or in an accident or if you lose your job, you'll go into severe debt

The key is to be frugal and live with a "net worth" mentality rather than a spend mentality. At this point, your net worth is close to $0 apparently, which is pathetic.

It's also really important to not care too much about price. Look at the value of whatever you're buying instead. If you get a gut check saying "I shouldn't buy this," then don't buy it.

The majority of millionaires simply get to that point by saving, living minimalist lives, and taking advantage of compounding.
>>
>buys dlc with tax money
>$30,000

NOPE OP. You won't learn how to manage your money in that amount of time. You need to find a way to get some one else to handle it.
>>
>>17722372
Start by not wasting anymore money of free stuff like vidya. As the next step you could also stop wasting your time on dumb shit like that, unlike money, you won't get back your time.

>>17722967
>The majority of millionaires simply get to that point by saving, living minimalist lives, and taking advantage of compounding.
Wat.
>>
File: 1473616537418.jpg (20KB, 330x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473616537418.jpg
20KB, 330x264px
>>17722995
>what is saving

>I'm 12 and what is compounding

>what is frugality
>>
>>17723016
>what is saving
>what is compounding
Basic shit that the middle class does. Millionaires, specially multimillionaires tend to actually invest money; specially these gives given how dirt cheap loans are. So much about being 12.

>what is frugality
In context of the middle class and the wealthy, it's a good question indeed.
>>
>>17722372
>open up /adv/ to bitch about this
>see this thread

Fuck I feel you. Though I'm spending money because I want to ruin my life and it does but I can't stop. Worst thing is I haven't looked at my bank account for 2 months now after some close friends died and now I'm more afraiid that I'm at my absolute limit.
>>
File: 1476658712279.jpg (6KB, 222x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476658712279.jpg
6KB, 222x228px
>>17723031
>tend to actually invest money

no shit. that's what I was saying. That's what I said in my original post about what OP should to with his money
>>
>>17723045
Well, saving and compounding is the opposite of investment. And stocks/IRA ain't a sensible option with the pocket money OP got. The debt part ignores that he doesn't live in a third world country but Canada.

>It's also really important to not care too much about price. Look at the value of whatever you're buying instead.
Is a damn good advice though and often overlooked by poor people who try to save a bit and then buy shit that either doesn't fulfill its purpose or needs replacement soon.
>>
>>17722372
Clear your saved credit card details on any devices you purchase shit on, then only buy food and necessities with cash. Keep the card locked up and ONLY take it out if you need to withdraw more money. Ask yourself "will I die/starve/go homeless/be uncleanly if I don't purchase this?" when buying non-necessary items then go from there. That's not to say you can't buy goodies every once in a while, but you certainly won't be saving money that way either. Don't forget, store-brand items are just as good, if not better, than brand-name items.

Look into taking proper care of your belongings if you don't do this already so you don't fall into the habit of purchasing a replacement when one little thing goes wrong. Flipping your mattress over (assuming it's double sided) every 6 months for example can increase its lifespan. There are also budgeting apps you can download. Might be worth checking one of those out.

If all else fails I guess you could try therapy or some shit. A therapist won't be much help if you don't pull your own weight though. You really will end up in a bad situation and regret spending thousands on shit if you continue like this, so you can use that as motivation.
>>
>>17722372
What illnesses?
>>
What works for me

>Have $600
>Pretend its only $200
>Always assume I'm near broke when I'm not.

Secondly
When tempted to buy something frivolous
Ask yourself. Is this something I'm going to need in 2 years?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.