[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get my parents to stop being so scared/ useless.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1whatthehell.jpg (22KB, 517x312px) Image search: [Google]
1whatthehell.jpg
22KB, 517x312px
Basically Im going to sound like just another spoiled millennial. 25 still stuck at home always looking for a career based job.
BASICALLY my folks are giant pussies who always kind of held me close regardless of the fact that I wanted nothing to do with them...Let me explain...
Essentially they were MIA where it came to me NEEDING the help but when I wanted to dorm away at school it was a big no, When I wanted to work during college it was a big no (did it anyways) They always said they would buy me a car so I could get around but I had to have a job. Which I did..still no car. They are so consumed with every family member that got into an accident so that prevented them from getting me one. They haven't directly said it but its not like I would give a shit. It really seems like they only showed up to fuck things up for me but were false promises or mia when I actually needed them. I mean is it even worth mentioning? Over time I have rationalize that its probably less that they hate me and more that they 1. Could not handle me a a kid and 2. panic and assume Idk what i'm doing and rush in and make decisions that usually fuck my life up.
>>
Basically how do I let them know that they let me down in the biggest ways? We have a pretty shit relationship as of now and I barely even talk to them as it is. I have let them know they failed as parents and consider them jokes. I attribute the colorful wording to the fact that I needed to be a big loud or mean to even get their attention. asking politely never worked in my house..also let me explain...they always kind of bullied me into "being nice" and "respecting them" just because the word parent. As I grew older I realized I dont need to because they never put int effort with me. That being said parents are parents and I still do love them...how can i forget their shortcomings and have good relations with my parents again?
>>
>>17722223

1 off
>>
>>17722140
>Parents let me live at home as a 25 year old NEET
>Parents are too stifling.

No, OP, you can't have it both ways. If you really find them "giant pussies" then stop taking advantage of them and their generosity. If you are going to continue sponging off them, then don't criticize them for being spineless.
>>
>>17722410
sorry home as is general geographic location I was born in. Not home as with parents. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>17722410
This. I'm almost 22 and still at home (and probably will be as I'm going for credentials) and as much shit as they do, I don't do anything beyond voice some discontent.

It's their house and I'll respect rheir rules even if I disagree.
>>
>>17722441
refer to >>17722437
Thanks for the input. Hope to hear more insight now that it has been clarified
>>
>>17722456
Your post doesn't make sense.

If you're living your life then why burn bridges, especcialy with your folks?

Seems pretty petty, and that's coming from someone who's been there.

Just give yourself some space so things can cool over.
>>
>>17722462
no no I'm looking to do the opposite. I'm looking to try to rekindle a relationship with them.
>>
>>17722462
Not OP, but my dream is to burn bridges with my parents and brothers.
They punished me when I was a kid, so now they don't get to hear from me as an adult.
>>
>>17722490
Op here. I felt the same way until recently. My frustration eventually turned to compassion and understanding. My folks failed me in more ways than I can think...the failures definitely outweighed and outnumbered the good things. This being said, they did ALL they could and even if it wasn't on par to what they could have done...at least they did that little. Of course my situation definitely differs fro yours from what you are saying so that's that.
>>
>>17722501
Sounds like they doubted you the whole way. You should just ghost them.
>>
>>17722540
Yeah they did doubt me a lot.
>>
>>17722140
>Move the fuck out

My parents did the exact same shit to me. Mutual respect can only be built when you make your decision, stick by it and demonstrate that you are an independent person and that you want to live your life and make your decisions

Never live according to restrictions of your parents.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.