[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A clusterfuck of a situation I'm in.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1EpfdfKn_bx_klzH0vCD5w_r.jpg (116KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
1EpfdfKn_bx_klzH0vCD5w_r.jpg
116KB, 750x537px
(1/2)
Alright /adv/, I'm a 19 year old American male sophomore in college and I am absolutely miserable and severely depressed.

No, I am not suicidal (although I won't lie, if I wasn't so indecisive and also a pussy I would have been dead 4 years ago)
Yes, my social life is just fine.

I know the above situations are the most common when it comes to dudes my age, but neither are problems for me. But boy do I have a lot of other issues. Pretty sure a lot of these will describe an identity crisis before long.

1. School itself. I'm not failing exactly, but I'm about to be. Some of that is probably lack of motivation, but to be honest I'm just so fucking bored. I am normally able to just hide my depression and push through, but the more miserable I've gotten, the more I'm not able to do much of anything.

2. My career goals. I'm a Comm major at an exceptionally average public university. I orignally thought I wanted to be either a sports journalist or political journalist, but seeing the way my education is unfolding I'll probably end up being a boring PR person for most of my life. I have aspirations (although they're probably pipe dreams) of being a comedian/TV or movie writer, and I feel like my time in school is time I could be spending working on these things more. I've done a few open mics, and I did so well that this bookie wanted me to open for one of the next big acts coming to town, but I had school in the way so I had to decline. That devastated me. My mom would not approve of me jumping ship to do this either.
>>
(2/3, because I suck at math)
3. I've slowly turned into an alcoholic. I've been socially drinking since I was a junior in high school but in the past few months I've hit the sauce pretty hard. Partying? Get plastered. Alone? Drink the sorrows away. It's gotten really bad, almost to the point where I laid a subtle hint to my roommate which was a cry for help. He probably thought I was joking. I could also be a 'partyholic' too, in that I go to parties and socialize in order to feel better.

4. Women. I am absolutely in love with a girl from my old hometown, and she goes to a community college there, although she often rolls through my campus some weekends to party. I'm not dating her, but I've had many opportunities to ask her out and I'm pretty sure she's even implied that she'd love to go out with me. My self esteem is terribly low and she lives 2 hours away... Oh, and other than having drunk sex this one time in high school of which I have no recollection of, I'm basically a virgin.
>>
(3/3)
5. My family. Even though my dad has bipolar, my parents used to fight only as often as average parents did. That changed when my dad's stupid fucking chink psychiatrist decided that lithium was no longer working for him, even though a retarded chimpanzee could tell you he just was taking it incorrectly. So now he takes a medicine that barely even works, not to mention that he's one of the worst cases of bipolar disorder many doctors have ever seen. He tries, he can still be a good father but he won't listen to reason. My other family members regardless of side won't listen to my mother because my dad somehow convinced them she's a drug addict (she was in rehab for a short time a long time ago for an addiction to painkillers because she had to use them after a surgery to remove a benign tumor in 07), which is ironic because he uses mary jane all the time, convinced it will heal him even though studies say pot makes bipolar worse. I was the moderator of arguments during my last two years living with them. I thought moving to college far away from them would help, and it does but it also makes me worry like crazy.

Part of me wants to stay, but I am about 6 months from just jumping off a cliff. What I'm doing feels so vanilla and I hate it. I want to leave, but I don't know how my parents would feel, and I'd have to go back to living in a shitty situation until I get a place on my own, although I wouldn't mind having a shit job for a while if I'm trying to make it into entertainment.

What the fuck am I going to do?
>>
Shameless bump
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>17722128
>>17722135
>>17722152
What do you want us to say to you?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.