[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1436325583157.gif (992KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1436325583157.gif
992KB, 240x135px
There are people on my facebook who are dating somebody, but not only do they just hide their relationship status, they have it posted up as 'single'.

Why is this a thing? Are they afraid that facebook official='too serious'? Or is there something else to it?
>>
Because FBO is silly high school shit.

Posting a picture together is the new relationship indicator now.
>>
>>17721124
But why leave it as single if you aren't single? Why not just say 'in a relationship'?
>>
>>17721128
Because no one gives a fuck. The people most important in your life and other people you hang out with KNOW that you're dating someone else, so it's redundant. It's the same reason for me not posting my job on FB. I have one, but I'm not gonna post that I work at Buttfuck Industries.
>>
>>17721115
Simply put. No one gives a shit anymore. Making it "FB official" is stupid. If you think people are seriously sitting there having a conversation about putting their relationship on facebook you're super out of touch.
>>
>>17721136
Basically this. My relationship status isn't on my Facebook. The people that need to know already know.
>>
>>17721115
One thing I have noticed is that these kinds of "relationships" are often the on-and-off type. Its those ones where one or both people pretty much are in it because it's familiar, and there is probably a feeling that they can't do better (not that this is always a bad thing).

If I was in a relationship I would have it on Facebook simply because it's correct. I think it's a little weird that people who are in relationships say they are "single" on social media. I get this inkling feeling that the people who do this are the type to have a detached/avoidant relationship style. I mean if it doesn't matter why not just go ahead and say "yeah we're dating", it doesn't have to be a big deal.

But let other people do them and you do you, or whatever people go by these days.
>>
I don't think it's about being "FB official", more that it's akin to going around saying you're single when you aren't.

It's not a huge deal until you're actually serious.
>>
Everyone I see doing this are either actively cheating on their SO or are just on and off again repeatedly. I feel like if you're serious about someone and use Facebook at least once a week, you should update it.
>>
>>17721525
>taking Facebook this seriously
Are you 17 or something?
>>
>>17721115
You're only upset about this because you have to put in more effort into facebook stalking someone.
>>
>>17721530
this.
OP is cancer, get a fucking life
>>
Man, there are people who actually take this seriously? Wtf do you do, like check all your female facebook friends and send date requests the ones who aren't attached?
>>
>>17721552
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's along the lines of what OP is planning to do. No one else would care so much about this.
>>
>If it's not a big deal, why not update to in a relationship. Takes 2 minutes

How many people in here have checked to see if a girl was single or not before asking them out?

It's pretty much saying you're still open and available. It has nothing to do with age, the fact of the matter is that any girl has about a dozen guys chasing after them at any time.
>>
>>17721547
>>17721552
>>17721563
You people are mad defensive and hostile over this, I honestly don't understand why. It almost seems like I struck a never with this thread.

>>17721530
>taking facebook this seriously
I don't get how somebody taking notice of those kind of relationship patterns is somehow "taking facebook too seriously".

>>17721505
>I don't think it's about being "FB official", more that it's akin to going around saying you're single when you aren't.
Yes this is what I was getting at, thank you.

I've noticed the same thing myself, I have multiple examples.

>coworker and her boyfriend
>they have a history of cheating on one another
>they constantly post passive-aggressive statuses about each other
>the only times I've seen them in person, they act like friends or something, even a little detached from one another

>coworkers dating each other
>girl insists on having a "boyfriend"
>but she keeps posting vague statuses about being ignored and feeling unloved
>you would think it was insecurity but apparently he is the one hiding their relationship, for some unknown reason
>she wants it to be facebook official. he doesn't.
>every time I see them together they borderline act like acquaintances, sit with space between one another, barely talk to each other etc.

>brother and his girlfriend
>have been on and off for about a decade, according to them and other family members
>brother made his facebook only recently but actually put "single" for his relationship status

>two coworkers dating (again)
>they were "in a relationship" before
>suddenly the girl removes the picture she had of him and her, changes it to a picture of herself
>changes her relationship status to single
>but she still goes out with this guy

I wasn't trying to draw any conclusions but then again, the responses in this thread make me wonder if people are seriously in denial about the real nature of their relationships, and try to cover it up by claiming it "doesn't matter".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.