[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free time, wut do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1472959910344.jpg (96KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472959910344.jpg
96KB, 768x1024px
Hey guys, I am a 22 year old male currently in the university living in Western Europe, in my country it's quite common for people my age still living with their parents and not getting part-time jobs most of the time so do keep that in mind while reading my post.

So, short story short, I am graduating around June 2017 but until then I have plenty of free time, A LOT of free time, I've finished all my exams last week and since then I've been waking up at 3-4pm every day and going to bed way too late.

I want to make a change, I am already feeling like a useless member of society at the moment so I am accepting tips.

I'd like to start by finding a part-time job but I really have no idea where to start, what part-time jobs are a no-no, what are good part-time jobs (or less shitty ones), I guess I am accepting any tip in general. I'd like to save this money to travel a bit and to help my family pay for my masters degree in 1 year.

So I guess I am open to tips and advice regarding going into this "brave new world" for me. Thanks in advance!
>>
Gym.
The earlier you start the easier it is to continue

It'll even help your future job prospects
>>
What kind of things do you like? Do you live in a big city?
>>
File: 1472961948065.jpg (1MB, 2048x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1472961948065.jpg
1MB, 2048x1357px
>>17721081
I have considered it, I have a close friend who attends daily and it helps him a ton. I am just not sure if I am the gym type, I've thought about joining the Judo Dojo from my university club, it'd help me keep in shape and at the same time I think learning a self defense tool would increase my self esteem (I always avoided fights pretty well, but I think just knowing that if things escalate you have some tools to possibly deal with the situation would result in an increase of self esteem).
>>
>>17721191
I didn't think I was the type either.
I'm tall but I've always been stick-like

But I've been going for the last half-year and it's made a difference.
Even you don't think "you're the type" you can be.

And Judo and stuff is a good sport but helps you in a fight like football does.
That is, it's good for your health but it doesn't help you much.
Real fights are ugly.
>>
File: 1472961964744.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472961964744.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17721110
I live in a fairly decent sized city with a fair amount of population.

I like video games (but I feel like I am playing way too much recently), I like music, big fan of cinema, I write kinda fast, about 110 words per minute (I have no idea if there's a part-time where I could possibly capitalize on this perk), ...
>>
>>17721203
I just don't think I have the discipline to get myself to go to the gym to lift weights and shit, plus I am kind of a manlet, I would look silly all jacked up.
>>
>>17721223
Nah, being fit is the only way manlets can look attractive.

And don't worry about discipline.
Think more about it as a payment.
Eat some chips?
Pay the gym.
Do nothing all day?
Pay for it tomorrow
>>
File: 1472962791457.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472962791457.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>>17721203
Note that I do value your input and thank you for that tip. I am just being honest with myself here and not trying to delude myself from what's going to happen. I am pretty sure I'd go for 1 week or 2 and suddenly I'd start skipping a day every now and then and after a while I am not attending anymore. I would love to have better discipline.
>>
>>17721239
I have no issues with attractiveness, girls tell me I am attractive and I've got some love interests going on every now and then.
I guess it'd help to look in the mirror and see a better physique though, I have a pretty normal body, but it can't hurt to get a bit fitter and healthier in general.
I might end up following your tip!
>>
Either way, I'd love tips regarding part-time jobs.
>>
>>17721302
They all suck.

Unless you can get a proper "job" with a real company
>>
File: 1472962947487.jpg (162KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472962947487.jpg
162KB, 1366x768px
>>17721343
I guess, but how do I even go about as to getting one. Do I just go to the mall and ask the first employee I find "Hey are you accepting part-time workers?" and drop my CV?
>>
>>17721346
I guess you're young so you can stand to have a few service jobs.

Patrol around your college districts and then you can find some Ma and Pa type shops with actual job openings.

Most places have online only. So go to your Craig's List/Kajiji or whatever your country has
>>
File: 1472963326273.jpg (400KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472963326273.jpg
400KB, 1366x768px
>>17721350
Most online job offers are way too shady, it's either call centers which I've been told to avoid at all costs since they are the spawn of satan, or ambiguous named companies which don't disclose what you are going to do.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.