[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are you happier if you are rich/have higher than average income?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1477260498725.jpg (109KB, 1200x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1477260498725.jpg
109KB, 1200x1198px
are you happier if you are rich/have higher than average income?
>>
>>17720129
No. Only the anxiety of not having income is gone, but the unhappiness is still there.
>>
File: 1477300286806.jpg (54KB, 465x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477300286806.jpg
54KB, 465x576px
Yes. You don't have to worry about things like rent, food, not being able to go places, dressing well, taking care of your own, etc. Above poster hasn't been poor. I am.
>>
>>17720153
Actually, happiness does increase up until a certain threshold, I think 200k pa or so.
>>
>>17720153
This worries me.

>>17720161
Yeah that sounds comfy desu.
Will see in a few years if web-dev stuff is worth it.

>>17720168
Yeah I heard something about that, I think it was a study.
>>
>>17720129
Oh my God that pic made me squeal with laughter.
>>
>>17720168
This. Studies show theres a limit on how much happiness money can buy. Of course if you're a poor fuck who has to worry about surviving you aren't going to be very happy, but there are also unique hardships that come with being extremely wealthy. The age old example, you have to stop and wonder if every single person you meet is nice to you because they like you, or because they can get something out of you? Wealthy people tend to go through spouses like toilet paper. Plus, its difficult to relate to people who came from extremely different backgrounds.
>>
>java
>abstract
java is too fucking low level for it's implementation scheme
>>
For majority of us. More money doesnt equal more happiness. Everyones threshold is different too. One person might love making 60k/yr another 100k/yr. I know people that make over 100k and are very unhappy with what they do. But when your getting that much why would you leave?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.