[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being bitter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: what is this.jpg (207KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
what is this.jpg
207KB, 1600x1000px
How do I stop being so incredibly bitter? Last month I was dumped by my girlfriend in a pretty brutal way, but the problem is her brother is also my best friend. Yeah, I was stupid to attempt that one. Being dumped for the first time was bad enough, but trying to move on is difficult when I have her brother there as a constant reminder. Not only does his very presence remind me of her, but he'll occasionally mention how she moved out and got an amazing job, and I know shouldn't care but it makes me feel physically sick. It's only a matter of time before he mentions she has a new boyfriend with a 10 inch dick, and it's going to make me snap. I've told him to never mention her again, but he still does it every so often.

So if anyone has been in a similar situation, how do you move on? I want to stop being angry and don't particularly want to lose my friend, but at the moment it feels impossible. I imagine it would be easier if I got into another relationship, but that was the only one I've ever been in so I have no idea how long it will be before the next one comes along.
>>
>>17718916
Talk to him, and maybe take a break with being friends with him for a bit too. Say you just want to regather your thoughts and reaffirm who you are with some solitude.
>>
>>17718930
well thats the problem. a lot of these people that post this stuff have ZERO self worth and need others to make them feel useful. being alone is absolute torture. they fall apart if they are not liked by something.
>>
>>17718945

It's not that I necessarily need him - he's a bit of a cunt, it's just just that he's been my closest friend for a long time and completely getting rid of him seems extreme. But on the other hand, recently he has been making me feel legitimately horrible. I'm starting to wonder if it's one of those friendships where we're only really friends because we've been friends for a long time.
>>
>>17718945
Yeah seriously. Whenever I go through girl problems, I just splurge on money for myself. Get back into my old hobbies, take on new hobbies, and generally recalibrate myself. But you're right, many ppl on these board are so clingy for attention that they simply can't look within for self resiliency.
>>
>>17718953
i read:
>he used to be my friend but now hes an insufferable ass. but i want to stay friends because i dont know when not to try and eat the electrified cheese.
>>
>>17718957
dude i narrow it down that some just have this overwhelming urge to be liked. that they need acceptance or they will have nothing. whatever the shitty situation they are in, they will mentally flip it to where the problem somehow lies with them instead of being self reliant and calling out bullshit when it abhorrently apparent.

id have more respect for an MLP fanboy that told me to go fuck myself anytime i made fun of him, than a fucking tag along that just wanted to do the same things i wanted to and just agreed with me on everything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.