[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where and how can you find platonic love? preferably not LDR.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: romansu.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
romansu.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
Where and how can you find platonic love? preferably not LDR. Would still like to be able to hold hands, kiss or hug, maybe dance romantically ONCE in a while.
>>
>>17718564
Just need to be lucky enough to meet someone who is
1) Into that kind of thing,
2) Someone you like.
3) Someone who likes you.

So it's gonna be pretty difficult desu.
>>
File: foreveralone._sm.jpg (27KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
foreveralone._sm.jpg
27KB, 214x236px
>>17718578
;_____;
>>
File: inigo1[1].jpg (55KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
inigo1[1].jpg
55KB, 500x432px
>>17718564
>Would still like to be able to hold hands, kiss or hug,

>platonic love
>>
>>17718564
>>>/adv/
>>
>>17718564
Dude find a girl you like and be nice. Super nice be her dream guy. You'll get instant friendzoned lol all the cuddles hand holding and dancing but no sex....there ya go.
>>
>>17718604
?~?
>>
>>17718600
that pic lmao
>>
>>17718564
Are you male or female, are you looking for a male or female, and what is your type?
>>
>>17718608
That was a joke anon

Sorry it fell flat
>>
>>17718632
strong silent type
also female looking for male
>>
>>17718564
You are me. I've done the dating thing and I can't deal. Someone to do romantic things once in a while but not actually be an item or have any overt romantic expectations as a result of love songs and films is right up my alley right now.
>>
>>17718647
>strong silent type
>no sex
>dancing
>holding hands
Are you 12?
>>
>>17718668
what's wrong with valueing the soul more than the naked filthiness of the body?

Also the strong silent type was more of a joke. Kinda. Well...
what the hell is also wrong with such a personality?
>>
>>17718679
My point is you're looking for some macho chad with a personality of a gentleman munk. Have you ever come across one IRL ever?
>>
Look in the asexual community. There are dating sites for this stuff.

Anyway, you have to be realistic.
You have standards that will rule out 99% of the population.
It is unlikely that you're going to find a partner who is amazing in every aspect and still shares the same vision of a relationship you have.
>>
i want this too, but it's hard to find. i'm on okcupid :/
>>
>>17718695
profile name/id?
>>
>>>/lgbt/7067876
>>
>>17718717
/thread
>>
>>17718564
>Where and how can you find platonic love?
>would still be able to hold hands, kiss or hug

erm.. in a home for the mentally ill? why would you want to be romantically involved with someone but not have sex? if you are going to say because you dont want to be an item with someone, well that is the whole point of being romantically involved. you must be mentally ill if you want to be romantic with someone but not have sex.
>>
>>17718679
>what's wrong with valueing the soul more than the naked filthiness of the body?

are you insane? sex isnt just about worshiping the body, its a very intimate act with another person you love. you can value a persons soul and have sex with them. you're not going to find any guy willing to do this unless he is literally mentally ill.
>>
>>17718766
Asexuals exist, and a lot of people lose their sex drive when they get up in their 20's. I don't think OP will have a problem finding someone unless she's a 15 yo girl into romance novels.
>>
>>17718774
>Asexuals exist

yeah but most of them have mental problems, and/or very low testosterone.

>and a lot of people lose their sex drive when they get up in their 20's.

there sex drives lower but they dont completely lose it, especially not when they are getting romantically involved with someone. the whole point of being romantically inovled it to have sex. She wants to kiss and stuff too. op is so retarded, this has to be bait.
>>
>>17718793
>the whole point of being romantically inovled is to have sex
khv detected
>>
>>17718809
>khv detected
you're retarded. you are autistic if you actually think op is sane or not baiting
>>
>>17718818
I'm a male version of here, so yes I believe she is completely truthful. Not everyone is driven by the compulsion to breed, anon.
>>
>>17718564
I'm looking for something like that. But sadly I don't live in USA so...
>>
>>17718825
>Not everyone is driven by the compulsion to breed

obviously but its a contradiction to be emotionally intimate with someone romantically and not have sex. its not how we're wired. kissing is a precursor for sex. its like taking prework out to watch tv.
>>
>>17718774
Asexuals and people who would be fine with that exist, but a sexless relationship is far from ideal for the vast majority of people of whatever age. Some people would deal with it because they're afraid of being alone and a romantic relationship without sex is better than no relationship + no sex at all, but most people don't turn asexuals after they pass puberty.
I get that you're asexual, and you'd be fine with a relationship like that, but it's not normal. Stop pretending it is.
>>
>>17718834
You can have intimacy through cuddling without having sex, and a lot of people kiss without having sex because they like kissing.
On an unrelated note, I take preworkout before doing deskwork because it makes me focused. I rarely take it before gym.
>>
>>17718842
I'm not saying they're all asexual, but for a fair amount of people sex isn't that important. I'm one of those. It is what it is. Stop fretting just because you're a horny 18yo.
>>
>>17718843
this discussion is turning retarded. being Asexual is obviously not normal. people kiss because they like the other person. A lot of people dont just kiss because they like the feeling of it, maybe a minority.

>>17718849
>but for a fair amount of people sex isn't that important

that isnt being asexual though. being asexual means you dont want sex at all. having a low sex drive isnt asexual. 99% of people want sex with someone they are romantically involved with, and if someone doesent, they are mentally ill. you're being edgy.
>>
File: 1468571556347.jpg (50KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
1468571556347.jpg
50KB, 640x428px
>>17718858
I'm not the one being edgy here, sperglord
Look at >>17718774
The first post and asexuals was a bynote. Stop getting hung up on details. We're talking a lack of interest in sex, that's all.

>if someone doesent want sex, they are mentally ill
The bait is strong in this one.
>>
>>17718849
You are definitely not the norm.
I am definitely not 18 anymore, sadly, and I've never been particularly horny in my whole life, but a sexless relationship wouldn't interest me at all.
I value intimacy, I value personal compatibility and other things more than sex, but sex is fundamental to me and I wouldn't want a relationship without it.
The idea of entering a relationship or staying in a relationship with someone who isn't sexually attracted to me and I am not sexually attracted to doesn't appeal me in the slightest. Not having sex would be a dealbreaker, or at least would make me seriously reconsider the relationship and resent my partner in a way.
I do want and need to share my sexual life with my life partner.

I know a couple of people who are in sexless relationship, and neither of them are happy with it. 35 year old people, not teens.
You can accept to stay in a relationship without sex, some people might even be fine with it, some people might have low sex drive or have no interest in sex, but living a life without sex is far from ideal for most people. It's something they stay in because it's better than nothing, not something that they actively seek.
>>
>>17718828
out of curiosity, europe or asia?
>>
>>17718870
Why do you define attraction as sexual?
>>
Hmmm, I want what the op wants except I also want to fuck this pure hearted maiden. Does this have to be a mutually exclusive choice
>>
>>17718883
Get a maiden who lets you fuck tavern wenches on the side
>>
>>17718867
you're trying to argue that sexless relationships are of the norm. you're definitely being edgy. they are most definitely in the minority. op wants to fall in love and not have sex, this is obviously silly.
>>
>>17718875
Latin America.
>>
>>17718888
I'm trying to argue that sexless relationships are okay. They're not necessarily broken in any way, and there can be a lot of affection and partnership without actual sex.
>>
>>17718818
>>17718825
Not baiting. I don't think I'm asexual as I do have (very brief) periods of being horny or wanting physical activity but ideally (it would be if I found someone similar) and unfortunately (cause I can't or dont know where to look or how to spot them) the relationship shouldn't be completely sexless.
As I mentioned, 'semi-platonic' would involve some physical intimacy but RARELY and in moderate-to-low ammounts of it. It would be feel like a teaser.

>>17718834
It's not a contradiction you can be very emotionally intimiate with someone on all other levels, it would be like a deep friendship/companionship of some sort. And romance doesn't necessarily include sex, I'd say it relates more to affection which can be expressed in a variety of ways. It would, however, lack its erotic component and that's what it would make it platonic.
>>
>>17718881
Sexual attraction definitely is a form of attraction. Not the only one, but to me and to most people I know it is fundamental to form a romantic relationship. It somehow triggers the desire for a romantic relationship. For most people that's the case.

I find a lot of people physically attractive in a "you're pleasant to look at" way, even people I'm not sexually interested in. For example I think a lot of girls are physically attractive, even if I'm not sexually interested in them. Same goes for a lot of guys.
In the same way I find a lot of people charming, entertaining, endearing but this doesn't make me want to date them.

To me the desire to form a romantic relationship comes from physical and sexual attraction, and knowing that the other person has the qualities I seek in a partner and a friend.

It's okay if it is not the same for you, but you're definitely not the norm.
>>
>>17718895
>of being horny or wanting physical activity
Are you in shape? under/overweight? Avoidance of any physical activity is very different from low sex drive.
>>
>>17718904
I'm normal for my height.

An anon above mentioned some people when passing puberty turn asexuals, well, not to go to that extreme but I admit having been very interested in sex and sexualize in my mind a lot of things and people but as soon as I hit my 20s sex drive started dropping like a mofo.

Maybe the only thing that remains is that I still think of it sometimes but the act iself doesn't itnerest me anymore. I guess I could say I like the idea of sex and 'engage' in it mentally but that's that.
>>
>>17718936
have you ever actually been in a relationship with someone you have feelings for? some women dont really care about sex unless they like someone
>>
>>17718944
Yes, but it's the same. I don't know how much the relationship will last because he's become frustrated and wants me to take more initiative and be more willing. But I'm mostly doing it for his sake.

I care for him but these sexual activities (including a lot of kissing and mushy cuddling) is diminishing my attraction for him. Leaving aside occasional erratic hormones, if he 'deprived' me of these things and actually let me 'starve' (it would need a lot of time though) I'd actually feel the need and want sexual intimacy. But it would be brief, rare and leave me satiated quickly
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.