[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one deal with perfectionism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2016-10-30+at+11.18.23).png (34KB, 606x876px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-30+at+11.18.23).png
34KB, 606x876px
How does one deal with perfectionism?
>>
You really can't. I've had OCD (which included perfectionism) for over 10 years and I've never dealt with it. The levels start extreme for about a month then slowly calm down then something occurs and triggers the OCD.

All I'm trying to say is, once you think you've dealt with it, something triggers the idea and it comes back. It's always there.
>>
Convince yourself it doesnt matter

Perfectionism comes from the thought process of things needing to be as good as possible

Just reconvince yourself that some things are good enough even if they arent perfect

Harder than it sounds but worth the effort, unlike the perfectionist bullshit you do
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Perfectionism is 100% perception

Aim to work on your goal for X time rather than to accomplish/complete something and it will change your perception

Example: I set a goal to create a website with features Y and Z within 1 month.
>Perfectionist route
I then start working on it and get hung up on little details every time I sit down and work, or I don't even start.
>Work route
I aim to work on it for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. Now when I'm sitting down I'm trying to figure out what I can realistically get done in 2 hours so I find something manageable and work on it. If I get carried away with little details I remember that I'm only trying to finish this one feature or piece for today and that the little shit doesn't matter or can wait in a notepad until after I'm done.

Simple shit.
>>
By being perfect, dumb ass.
>>
>>17718487

stop being pretentious.

I knew people wh ostarted a youtube web project, but never seemed to update. so i started my own version of it.

they were 'perfectionist'. I was not.

8 years later they gave up. I actually finished, got over a million views, thousands of subscribers, fan art, fan videos, fan dubs, fan comic, someones even making an actio nfigure of my original character.

but they still update their blog talking about how my projects so awful and cringy and theirs would have been so much better but they're too perfectionist to get it done.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.