[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in your car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: car-sleep-e1433046105399.jpg (46KB, 501x304px) Image search: [Google]
car-sleep-e1433046105399.jpg
46KB, 501x304px
Has anyone here successfully lived in a car?

Im looking for experiences and tips since I'm going to have to resort to this in the next couple of weeks. Im thinking of selling my car for a van since I've been watching this youtuber who lives in a van and it seems a lot more comfortable and practical overall.
>>
>>17718461
ive had two friends that lived in their cars , one had a van and it wasn't so bad .
>>
I lived in my car for most of 2015. I had some camping gear and warm clothes, cooked my food on a primus and washed myself in rivers. It was very nice. As long as you have a warm sleeping bag and good clothing during cold weather and winter, you will do fine. One thing that was an issue for me was that the car was a bit small compared to my lenght so I slept a bit cramped, but if you have a van you won't have that problem. I lived rurally, so I could park in the woods and wake up to beautiful scenery every day. In urban areas it's a lot more difficult and shitty. I saved tons of money doing it, and had no issues besides cramped quarters and some cold periods. A big plus was that I didn't have a lot of technological distractions so I read a lot of books and went on long hikes. Since I only had candles and flashlights in the evening I had no excuse not to sleep my full 8 hours (except when I had really interesting books) and my body adapted to natural sleep patterns, meaning I went to sleep went it got dark, and woke up at sunrise. That meant I saw every sunset and every sunrise, and it was definitely worth it. I can answer questions if you have any.
>>
>>17718494
Thanks anon that sounds awesome.

Unfortunately ill be having to do this in the city with an 7-4pm job. I am told I can sleep at wallmarts but what intimidates me is the winter. How can I fully survive this without wasting a lot of gas?

What about restrooms? I can shower at my gym but going to the bathroom in a city isnt as easy as going in the woods.
>>
>>17718494
Also how would you deal with people breaking into your car? And do you just build a campfire to always cook/heat food?
>>
>>17718501
Yeah.. doing it in urban areas is tricky. Restrooms work but unless you can use them without being seen I recoomend switching between places very frequently. You should map out all the places nearby that have a bathroom available, and switch between them (and alway map new ones in case people get annoyed). You can also talk to friends about using theirs sometimes. If you know someone with a useless plot of land or a parking spot they don't use you could try talking to them about using it. I didn't use a lot of gas because I could stay at the same place for long periods. You will probably not have that luxury in urban areas, unless you find a parking spot where nobody cares that you use it.

>>17718503
Covering over anything that looks valuable, and avoiding bad neighbourhoods and areas. If you can, try to find a parking spot on the outskirts of the city to prevent random people bothering you or creeps getting the idea of breaking in.
I prefered campfires but always used primus to boil water for coffee and tea. I kept a thermos so I had hot water available when the weather was cold. It was very useful. Sometimes the weather was so bad I couldn't have a fire or use the primus, and then hot clothing and a good sleeping bag was important for heat. I also kept food that I didn't have to cook as a backup for the times I couldn't make a fire. I can imagine making a fire in the city will be difficult, but a primus is very cheap.
>>
>>17718521
*using the plot of land or parking spot for parking not as a bathroom. kek :)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.