[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After suggesting to my new doctor I may kill myself soon, he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 353677.jpg (66KB, 625x450px) Image search: [Google]
353677.jpg
66KB, 625x450px
After suggesting to my new doctor I may kill myself soon, he upfront told me he won't let himself be blackmailed since I'm not really gonna do it because people who say it only do to so, at best a miserable attempt boudn to fail, as a call for attention or blackmail. And earlier before this in another context he sort of said I'm the type to do the opposite and cause misorder just for the sake of it.
Is he trying to make me kill myself?

I feel equally challenged, offended and miserable because it was a leggitimate desire I expressed without any intent to cause a reaction from his part. Is it okay for a doctor to say such thing to his potentially suicidal patient??
>>
That's nice but check out these dubs
>>
>>17718222
Holy schemolies witnessed
>>
>>17718211
Legally, no, so you are probably lying.
t. lawyer
>>
>>17718231
But it's true. I wasn't expecting it, was left speechless and now I want to die even more to prove him wrong he's going to be responsable too
>>
>>17718241
Don't, you might make your siblings edgelords.
>>
>>17718211
One time a guy called me a bitch for complaining about something or other. At first I got really angry. Then I thought, yeah, I am being a bitch. The next day I got off my ass and tried to get a job for the first time in six months.

maybe he's hoping for that sort of effect.
>>
>>17718241
>he's going to be responsable too
Anon I'm going to show you the harsh truth.

No, he's not going to be responsible for your demise. Even if he gets into jail for saying such words because laws, he is under no means responsible for what you want to do. Your life is YOUR fucking responsibility and nobody will ever be held accountable for it. Ever.

All you want to do is to put him into jail just for the sake of being a jerk.
>>
>>17718254
There are others ways to go about making or inspiring someone to do something, in a normal situation. This worked in your case but it's pretty malicious and reckless to enforce negative encouragement( if thats the name for it) in someone with unstable emotions and depressed, seeking your help as a professional.
He implied I dont have the courage to do it... a nasty thing to say out loud.

>>17718272
You're right, it's all my responsibility. But he just KNOWINGLY (I cant imagine a psychiatrist dealing with his patients not know this basic effect that his harsh words can have) added to my reasons to die with his early judgement - only seen him twice and he based this on the recent evaluation which makes me appear hysterical/borderline, also implying I'm melodramatic in expressing my emotions - This too inspite of the fact that I'm disturbingly calm with a straight face even when I'm burning on the inside so badly I keep my breath and dig my nails in my skin. Even with him
>>
>>17718323
I have no idea if your doctor is right or wrong on his judgement; I don't know you and maybe you do show some symptoms.

But here is the deal.

First, if you feel nervous or like you seriously would like to harm him, relax, breath, and count up to 10. Because this shit has an easy as fuck solution.

Do you know what hurts a doctor the most? That a patient storms off of his treatment. And for a simple reason: he stops receiving money.

So this is my suggestion. Just stop going altogether. I know that you have suicidal urges, but I would also advice to hold on to them for as long as possible. Seek for a new doctor and start getting a new treatment. Your doctor is definitely being a cunt, but remember that using your life only to ruin somebody else's will not serve a higher purpose, because once he serves his time at jail (assuming that this is the end result) he will have all the free will to redo his life doing something else.

Stop going, seek for a new doctor, and if you get a similar response rinse and repeat until you find one who can see the actual underlying issue.
>>
>>17718323
Sue his bitch ass
>>
File: 1374085374879.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1374085374879.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>17718211

You're not going to kill yourself. People who kill themselves don't go around saying it to anyone who will listen; they just go home and do it.

If you actually wanted to kill yourself, you wouldn't be here wasting your time on 4chan telling us a story about how you told someone else you were going to kill yourself; you would actually be killing yourself.

Stop fixating on whether or not the doctor is in the wrong for saying something like that to a potentially suicidal patient because the truth is you're not potentially suicidal, you're just melodramatic.
>>
>>17718211

Doctors are like mechanics mate go and see a counsellor or therapist or psychiatrist
>>
Talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist. You'll get better results.

I'm a current med student, and while I would never say that to one of my patients, many doctors aren't specially trained in mental health and have patients upon patients to see.

No, he is not trying to get you to kill yourself. He probably is stressed as fuck and has an endless list of patients to see, and doesn't have the time to spend hours negotiating with another melodramatic teenager that's trying to kill himself.
>>
>>17718211
Well he was right, wasn't he? You didn't kill yourself, you're on 4chan fishing for attention.
>>
>>17718357
>>17718563
Well clearly aren't black and white, 100% bent on doing something liek this without at least considering an alternative so maybe, just maybe I'm a little bit conflicted and reticent about radically offing myself so seeing a shrink means I'm considering asking/getting help, trying to find a solution?

>>17718482
Half of that endless list of patients waiting to see him may not have my age (not even a teenager though) but may have same suicidal thoughts. Isn't suicidal behaiviour a major risk component and of principal interest in psychiatry? Or should cardiologists deal with suicidal people
>>
>>17718339
I would do that but he's the second doc I'm going to. The other one wouldn't change my med even though I felt terribly suicidal on it all of a sudden, after 2 years of positive effects suddenly it came down crashing. I guess the growing suicidal urge didn't upset or worry that doctor either since they didn't bother to change the medication.

That's why I went to this one. At least he's open to experimenting with meds until finding the one which fits. He also probably expects me to open up to him when he has such an attitude. I'd go to another but that means yet another expensive evaluation because bastards dont take into account, dont even want to take a look at what others have noticed and written into the evaluation so they demand new ones.
And well that sucks.
>>
>>17718241
So you do want to blackmail him.
>>
>>17718586
It hadn't even crossed my mind but now he may as well deserve it
>>
>>17718323
>added to my reasons to die
You feel like you want to die because you are unhappy, and what he said was a harsh truth that made you unhappier.
>>
>>17718597
This is kind of obvious so let me clarify. Being unhappy and feeling uncomfortable aren't real reasons for a person to kill themself.

OP instead of talking about killing yourself, why don't you do something constructive to fix your problems?
>>
Imo he sounds like a cunt. But so what? Since your depressed as you say you are chances are most people you met are cunts. Hes just another cunt you met, thats it. Find a new doctor... or do what I sometimes do. Put in effort in putting up with a cunt if you have to. Write a letter to him about this situation and that he really hurt your feelings because you had 0 malicious intent and that you just want to get help. Be honest and you'll decide if this cunt is redeemable or not by how he answers. I said write a letter because I presume you wont/cant talk to him upfront about it. It isnt fair that your the one whos suffering yet you still have to bend over backwards and be "nice" to the person whos suppose to help you, but what can you do? If hes a cunt, hes a cunt. Some are reedemable aome are not. If he understands clearer after the letter and tries to genuinely help you then you will work towards a relationship that your comfortable with him, if hes still being a cunt then you must find another. He obviously wasn't qualified (or smart) to handle your situation.
>>
>>17718211
>>17718323
You can add this post to the list of reasons to kill yourself.
>>
If people considering this seriously. Just remember funeral is damn expensive. And people in the industry are leeches. This includes cremations.
>>
>>17718222
Obliterated by trips of justice.

>>17718211
Healthcare is just like any other business. Voice your displeasure with your wallet.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.