[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long is too long?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have been with a guy for about a little more than 2 and a half years now.

He used to talk to me all the time when we first dated and it felt great having somebody who actually wanted to talk to me. This happened for maybe a little more than a year, then naturally it died down. For a while, I would text him every day just to see how his day was and what he was up to. I would usually text him and start the conversation.

Recently, he hasn't been as responsive when I talk to him, so I decided to just stop texting him for a while to give him a break and I would just wait until he started texting me. I also stopped because I kind of want him to start conversations with me more often.

It has been a whole week. The only "interaction" I have had with him so far (and I am using this word very loosely) has been him just liking some idiotic meme I shared on Facebook.

I am losing my mind over it and I just want him to talk to me more.

How can I make him act more interested in me?
>>
Have you considered asking him?
>>
You can't make him do anything. Best thing you can do is to communicate that you think interest has died down and find out why, think of a solution together
>>
>>17717487

I once brought it up politely a while ago.

He says that he is busy.

He has a daily routine that he does most of the week. He gets up and goes to work, he goes to the gym, then he comes home and relaxes for a few hours. He then prepares his lunch for tomorrow and goes to sleep after that.

He doesn't work on the weekends.

I have seen him sharing things on Facebook multiple times during the day though.

He has told me I am a little clingy, but he says he understands because we don't see each other much.

Am I overreacting or is this a legitimate concern?
>>
>>17717572
You're too available and desperate. Chill the fuck out and get some hobbies or start hitting the gym yourself. Make yourself more valuable, because right now he figures he has you and doesn't need to do any work.
>>
>>17717626

I'm trying to keep myself occupied, but it is very hard. I try to stay busy by accepting as many hours at my job as I can. I'm basically working full time at this poi t.

I usually feel very lonely and I don't have many friends and they are usually busy with spending time with their partners.

I am a social person and I always want to do things with others even if it is just talking.

Should I start to talk to him again, but less often or should I keep waiting until he texts me first? And if so, how much longer?
>>
>>17717626
Talking once a week is "too much" availability for people in a relationship?

Not OP.

But I do agree with this advice. Start making yourself unavailable and feign disinterest. Most men come crawling after that if interested. If not, the relationship is dead and you both should move on.
>>
>>17717836

How long should I keep my distance until I should do something?
>>
>>17717854
This advice is fucking terrible. Maybe you are a clinger but by the sounds of it your bf is just not interested in you anymore. If you love someone, you want to speak to them daily.. not saying 24/7 texts back and forth but at least something. Really sounds like he isn't keen on you anymore, sounds brutal but if he can go on Facebook then he can message the person he loves, christ
>>
>>17718465

Yeah a whole week wtf?

Just for your own development do have a look at yourself and ask if maybe your are too available, in general I mean. But a whole week with no contact is perfectly reasonable to be concerned about. I say just ring him and ask him if he wants to be with you, dont cry or beg or whatever just ask the question.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.