[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I fucked up my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: messeditallup.jpg (7KB, 197x163px) Image search: [Google]
messeditallup.jpg
7KB, 197x163px
Basically graduated in Winter for 2014. 1semester late. Half assed looked for work until September of 2014 when I took a gig dishwasher as some local joint for a "decent" wage. My so called dream job called me and I began that process only to drop it because I had not considered anything other than that ONE job(mind you I was never offered employment)...Its now almost 3 years since I have graduated college and I'm still looking for a career in my field. All I have had is shitty kitchen gigs .. I have been applying to everything from office jobs to jobs in my field but not what I'm after if that makes sense. Am I fucked? I feel like its just me....I feel like a failure. All I want is to be motivated again. I just want a good entry level career and to go to graduate school...is that too much to ask?
>>
You seem to employers like a guy who kinda accepts the mundane. I wouldn't hire someone with a bachelor's degree and three years of kitchen experience unless it's a kitchen job.
>>
>>17717451
that's the thing. I have been applying to college level jobs but no hire....
>>
>>17717451
Would you hire someone with no experience at all and a 4 year degree?
>>
>>17717461
Yeah, if they told me how many pots of Ramen they'd been eating in between interviews, congresses, lectures, networking, and job fairs they'd been doing. Not working in a kitchen like a chump.
>>
>>17717484
Then I hope you never see the administrative aspect of any company. Also I never said I never had any interviews nor have I said I never attended any job fairs. Was I not clear about I was actively applying to positions?
>>
>>17717484
Also all of those things are great. In actuality NO employer is going to say "well that's good enough" they want to see verifiable employment to prove that well...your actually capable of working.
>>
Just do something! Other than washing a fucking dish! You are young, this job doesn't have to define you or the rest of your life. But grow the fuck up, man, earn a real wage, get a real job then figure it out.
>>
>>17717550
sorry I forgot to mention. I just started doing that. I have held a lot of kitchen jobs but only really did dishes for like 3 months of that time. Since then I have baked breads, granolas , supervised a team of shipping/ packing associates...etc etc. I mean it all revolves around kitchen work which kind of makes me feel bad.
>>
>>17717550
Regarding wages. Mind you where I live is one of those meme restaurant boomtowns . I would not have even started if the wage wasn't up to par. it started as livable as potwash but once I started to do other jobs it because downright surprising. Like I said though..its not my passion...but as I continue to look for it/ something better I gotta work man.
>>
>>17717496
Please read >>17717550
>get a real job
If you want to be respected.
>>
>>17718155
Op here again. I already read it. Like I stated I really only washed dishes for like 3 months. The rest has been in some sorta baking/cooking/supervisory positions. I still hate kitchen work or anything that has to do with food... Totally looking to get out but not until I find something seriously better. I rather be employed and looking than unemployed and looking. Mind you though I'm not working at fast food places so maybe my thought process is different than what the other anon is thinking.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.