[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BPD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 234524231.jpg (102KB, 910x602px) Image search: [Google]
234524231.jpg
102KB, 910x602px
Anyone here diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder? Beginning to suspect that I might have one, I'd be interested to hear from people living with the affliction.
>>
>>17716793
>a borderline personality disorder
>I might have one

They're not Pokemon.
>>
1.don't tell anyone
2.learn the symptoms and work on them continuously
3.remove yourself from people. it will not get better and you will drain them and ruin their lives. you will also ruin yours every time your social life blows up.
4.get a job where you can be distant in bad periods and close to people in good periods. to find a good balance is vital.
5.do not. DO NOT. get a job where you need to have solid integrity, present yourself as an honest human bean at all times, and seem like a trustable reasonable person. you will fail and they will smell the rat on you.

if you have it your life will suck. it will never get better :)
>>
>>17716803
*and remember, it is always your fault. you are the big bad wolf always :)
>>
>>17716807
>you are the big bad wolf always
Nah, Borderlines are bad, but I've had scarier clients. Borderlines are only the big bad wolf for dependent pieces of shit who can't set good boundaries if a vagina is in the picture.
>>
>>17716818
i meant the borderline is always blamed, therefore the big bad wolf. if something goes bad out comes the pitchforks and it doesn't matter who's fault it really is when you have someone to blaim. that's how people seem to think anyway.
>>
>>17716803
>>17716807
>>17716818
Or if you're facing life prospects.
You can't really be in a relationship with one.
Being with a BDP is basically like being with an emotional cripple.
They will need special treatment, and a different set of expectations.
It's not going to work out, and both of you will leave the relationship feeling like shit, and you'll get mad, because you tried your hardest to take their bdp into account but realized they can't be helped and not even trying your hardest can benefit the situation.
TL;DR BDP is like emotional cancer, that never really goes away.
>>
This shit is freaking me out.
>>
>>17716841
look at it this way, the worst damage will be done to others not yourself. sucks if you have empathy, and if you do try not to drown it in alcohol. it just makes it worse :)
>>
I didn't even know about bpd until I posted on here about my gf wanting to take a break, I listed pros and cons in my thread and most people were saying she has BPD. I looked it up and even watched some grate videos on YouTube about it and it matches her description incredibly well. I guess I'll never really know for sure what went on with her, and that bothers me, I like to solve shit. Only other thing I could think of is someone in her school put negative thoughts into her head and she figured she had to take a break. I don't know. No one does.
>>
>>17716793
What do you want to know, OP?

BPD isn't a death sentence like people in this thread make it out to be. I've found my bpd to be massively easier to manage when I'm on certain medication and have benefited from keeping my social life very sparse and simple. Yeah being in love is difficult but it CAN be managed when you practice mindfulness and really work at communicating with your partner.

There are times when I really struggle but the pain can be managed when you find self soothing methods. Look up a page called dbt self help and this will explain more about these methods.
>>
>>17716803
Bullshit speaker pls go away

Best friend has borderline, is very active, got a job and is often around people. You guys need to man up, it's a personality affliction that can bd worked on, not the fucking black plague.

You have no idea what you're speaking about.
>>
>>17718424
How long have you been friends? Have you ever seen him/her react to a severe crisis? BPDs can function completely normal in a non stressful situation. The problem is a stress situation will always happen sooner or later. That's what I meant with withdrawing from people. If a BP goes through shit, it is better to deal alone than to show the wolf face to loved ones.
>>
>>17716793

The fact that you're thinking you might have BPD makes it unlikely. Borderliners are usually *very* persistent in denying their affliction.
>>
>>17718742
That's a relief, at least. I'm hoping what I think I have is something I can just work through without being 'diagnosed' and stigmatised.
>>
I'm a male with BPD, which I gather is somewhat rare. Personally I think both genders suffer from it about equally.
>>
Can someone with BPD please describe their symptoms?

My dad has it and id like to understand it better
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.