[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just turned 18 2 weeks ago. i go to northwestern university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: NU Pepe.jpg (39KB, 327x366px) Image search: [Google]
NU Pepe.jpg
39KB, 327x366px
i just turned 18 2 weeks ago.

i go to northwestern university outside of chicago

im taking a 300 level math, an intermediate french, a basic econ course, and a writing seminar

i feel insanely lost and apathetic

all i want to do is sit in my dorm and watch youtube videos and not do anything

in high school i felt such ambition and drive, enough to get me to this university, but now i'm realizing that i have no clue what i really want.

im scared that if i dont change something soon im going to end up what im so afraid of - someone working 9-5 in a shitty office job to come home and cook shitty food and watch cable tv in bed until the next day.

i feel like my soul has been taken away since coming here and i cant figure out why.

how can i get back to a place in my head without this apathetic misery weighing me down?

heres what im thinking
-i dont have a steady sleep schedule anymore
-im not exercising anymore
-i only eat sandwiches and rice since coming here since thats pretty much all thats served
-im not getting laid anymore while i was regularly in hs
-i dont talk to anybody since coming here

help me craft a plan to get my shit back together so that i can work towards figuring out something i want to do that can save me from 9-5 with an ugly wife.

im thinking
-fix exercise, sleep schedule, dietary habits is probably first priority

but i feel lost after that

tldr:
i feel apathetic since coming to uni, even though it is a competitive and prestigious place.
i dont know what im doing with my life and want help figuring out how to live.
>>
I kinda know that feel but after I graduated university. Just been stuck teaching ESL in Korea and banging kqts but my work is so easy and boring
>>
>>17716104

You've answered yourself. Fix your lifestyle issues and you will most likely start to feel better. Next step to take is to seek out a uni advicer or something, all universities have professionals whose only job is to give career/study advice to struggling students. You didn't mention how long you've studied, but from your age I'm gonna assume not that long. Everyone is lost at the beginning. Uni doesn't really match anyone's expectations and finding your groove might take a bit of work. Furthermore, most of the courses in the beginning are bullshit basics and you won't find actually worthwhile and inspiring things until later on. High education doesn't really offer ready made jobs or answers, the things you learn can only offer you some insight into what you might enjoy and what might interest you. Your actual career and interests you have to figure out yourself. Give yourself time to do that, don't expect a miracle over night.

Personally I did my BA degree and didn't give a fuck about what I was doing, but in my last year when writing my thesis I suddenly found some sense in what I did. Now I'm doing my master's and I feel actually motivated and I have a decent internship lined up. Basically, uni is bullshit until you accidentally stumble across something you enjoy, I've come to believe the same is true for a possible future career. If you keep looking, something will turn up.
>>
>>17716106

Tell me about your uni experience?

And how you decided to do esl?

>>17716118

This really helps. Thank you.
How am I supposed to find something I really enjoy?
How did you manage other aspects of your life while going through school? EG work, family, friends, sex?

And yeah this is my first quarter here.
>>
>>17716104
>northwestern
HaHaHshAhahaha
FAGGOT

You like your shitty safe spaces and free speech zones and the dead silent campus ???

At fucking Illinois , we WORK HARD, and we PLAY HARD

#engineeringatillinois

OSKEE WOW WOW
>>
>>17716104
Get a fake ID and go to WOB. Commit to getting yourself on the board. Kate is an awesome server.
>>
>>17716130
Yeah, but you have to live in fucking Urbana.
>>
>>17716130

Haven't seen a safe space here yet
Campus is boring as fuck though

>>17716143

Have one coming in by the end of next week lol. Will look into this, cheers
>>
Im 18 too.
I was very obsessed with grades when i was in secondary school that follows british curriculum. I got bunch of A* at IGCSE exam which is like getting 4.0 gpa.

I could have gone to england, do a levels and uni, doing real challenging shit and become elite. But i couldn't fund it and went to shitty state school in america. And I feel good. I can have fun while not having to work hard for grades.

That ambition, i know that feeling. Feels that you can be the best in the world and you just have to work for it.

But why? After coming to uni I realized that im sick of living for future. Fuck that. Its all about the moment. Life is about experience. Do some coke and go out dancing, put yourself in some trouble. Make conflicts in life. Im getting there and feels that it will be more and more fun.
>>
>>17716153
Bangers and Lace is ok for a good meal, too, but as far as getting to know people WOB is the place to be. If you're capable of striking up a conversation you'll become a regular pretty fast and their enormous tap list means theres always something to talk about.
>>
>>17716143

Okay I know what wob is, what's the board?
>>
>>17716169
You join their loyalty club, you get a point for every unique beer you drink there. The top ten people go up on a board. You might be able to make it by graduation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.