[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to want to break up with some one just because you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1477544639490m.jpg (197KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
1477544639490m.jpg
197KB, 1024x780px
Is it bad to want to break up with some one just because you don't want to cheat on them and you believe you're getting too serious too young?
Been dating someone for a year now and I'd like to actually get together with them in the end and it's very mutual, but I feel we're too young to settle down (early 20s). I've had two prior relationships that were months to a year and a half but current partner had none. Should I just say for us to have a break and come back later?
>>
>>17715522
There is a third alternative to cheating or breaking up, which doesn't seem to have occurred to you.

Date non-exclusively. It is perfectly legitimate to be close-friends-who-date, or to do what used to be called playing the field. Go out with people, get as close as you both wish, but acknowledge that you are both doing the same with others. When and if you find one you want to be exclusive with, you break off with the others.
>>
If you break up, don't except them to take you back. Especially if it's just so you can fuck other people. Of course it's not technically cheating, but it's still kind of a stab in the back. Even if they'd forgive you, they might find someone else.

>>17715622
>Date non-exclusively.
I doubt it will fly if you ask someone to be non-exclusive after a year-long relationship.
>>
>>17715649
>If you break up, don't except them to take you back.
Yeah I see that 100% so I'm unsure how to avoid that, but it seems that's impossible.
>>17715622
Since we're both young I don't want either of us to miss out on the experience of others' affection and polygamy sounds like the cheap way out of trouble. I figured if we had a pause in our relationship the heart grows fonder or it's a test of time.
We've already been in a long distance relationship this whole time, though, so distancing ourselves wouldn't be difficult either. Keeping in contact until both of us are more situated to come back and I don't want them to get sick with the oneitus bug this hard.
>>
>>17715522

I'm confused, so everything is going well, and your only concern is not getting to fuck other guys?

Is your sex life terrible? I can't understand otherwise. You sound like you're thinking the grass is greener but if you were to break up and fuck another guy you will likely regret it if what you already had was a good thing.
>>
>>17715702
>I'm confused, so everything is going well, and your only concern is not getting to fuck other guys?
I'm not a very sexual person in the first place, sex hasn't been my thing for a long time and before me and them started dating.
>Is your sex life terrible?
Long distance, so yes.
>>
>>17715725

You're just confusing things further, so you weren't a sexual person and sex hasn't been your thing but now it is? You realise dick is just dick, if you love who you are with and say you want to end up together what the fuck do you want other guys for? Sex with someone you don't love or want to be with is hollow, it means nothing, I understand why single people do it but for someone in a happy relationship it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Now if it's the fact that you're long distance and that is the only reason then you need to talk to your partner about it. But in your first post you didn't mention this, you made it out like the only reason you want to break up is because you're "too young to settle" basically implying you want random dick.
>>
Sounds like you're just not ready to be tied down, and that's okay. If you break up with him, do so in an amicable way, and tell him that it's because you just can't bear to long for him the way you do with the distance, and you can't handle it anymore because it hurts, or something similarly romantic that will allow you an 'in' if you want to get back together. DO NOT tell him you're breaking up to see other people. That will crush him, and he'll hate you for it. Not only is that bad for you, it's mean to do to him.
>>
>>17715733
>DO NOT tell him you're breaking up to see other people. That will crush him, and he'll hate you for it. Not only is that bad for you, it's mean to do to him.
Wasn't gonna outright mention it but I'm on honest person. If they ask I'd not put it bluntly but I wouldn't lie.
>>17715731
>so you weren't a sexual person and sex hasn't been your thing but now it is?
No, I'm saying it's pretty much nonexistent and I'm fine with it being that way. I'm not doing it for sexual reasons.
>>
>>17715735

Then why are you wanting to do it at all? You are a mindfuck right now.
>>
>>17715740
I feel I'm missing out on relationships I could be having just because I'm tying myself down while I'm young. This relationship is good but I feel myself wondering what it feels like to be in a relationship outside of them.
>>
>>17715744

Okay, that makes a little more sense, but wanting to have relationships with other people doesn't really open you up to getting back with this person unless you're going into your future relationships with the intention of them ending after a while which is a dick move.

It sounds like you don't feel fulfilled in your current relationship so I think breaking up is the best option. People in truly happy relationships don't have these thoughts. To wonder what it's like to be in other relationships suggests there's aspects you're missing in your current one.
>>
>>17715752
Not entirely. It could also suggest that they don't quite know what they have and need life to kick them in the teeth to literally realize that when you have a decent person who doesn't mentally or emotionally drain you around, keep them and stop trying to search around just for "experience"
>>
>>17715777
>who doesn't mentally or emotionally drain you around
They kinda do but honestly I've never heard of a relationship that doesn't do that at some point, and especially since we don't live together we can't really do a lot.
>>
>>17715522
>but I feel we're too young to settle down (early 20s)
You only feel this way because of the current culture. There's a meme going on that you have to travel around and see the world until you're 30 but most people throughout history has done well enough without that. You don't have to break up with the love of your life just because society encourages you to.

>>17715725
>Long distance, so yes.
Oh, nevermind.
>>
>>17715522
This is what made me realise I had to leave my bf as I knew i was wanting sex with someone else. Best to leave and not cheat
>>
>>17715522
>have a break
lol
>>
File: image_3.jpg (72KB, 564x562px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
72KB, 564x562px
>>17716589
Hahaha sounds grrrrreat! I'm high as FUCK right now holy shit tutti fruition I'm in a fucking high ass condition! Imma slather my dick in peanut butter and jelly it up your fart box. Oops I mean JAM it up your fart box, I'm out of fucking jelly! Let's smoke pot and jack off! Ahahaha
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.