[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is worth going to a psychologist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Reasons-For-Being-A-Psychologist.jpg (213KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Reasons-For-Being-A-Psychologist.jpg
213KB, 2000x1000px
I'm on the verge of a breakdown and i feel like i need somebody to talk, vent and give me good advices about my situation, i'm thinking about going to a psychologist, but i want to hear from you guys first, it is worth? any of guys are going or went to a psychologist before? i really need some help.
>>
i want to hijack your thread
>>
if you find a good one yes
if you find a bad one no

that's pretty much it...it can be a very helpful relationship in the right circumstances though, speaking from experience. why not try it?
>>
>>17715319

Because i want to know first how helpful a psychologist can be, i want hear from someone's else experience, don't want to waste my time and money.
>>
>>17715327
how helpful can people in general be? therapists are just people who come with a weak guarantee of at least not harming you. you can benefit from them and you can waste time with them. if you find yourself doing the latter, stop and look elsewhere.
>>
>>17715331
addendum/disclaimer: i'm also trying to start therapy and i'm struggling with the idea that they probably go to work every day feeling the same way i do. and also struggling more so with the question of what i expect to accomplish by doing it.
>>
>>17715331

I see, so i should go with open mind right? i just want someone to hear me out, so i will probably give it a try.
>>
>>17715345
you should go with whatever you want to go with. the point of therapy is to make you feel like you have more control over your life, or to at least help you find more acceptance of what your life uncontrollably is.

people you get along with are very effective at both/either of those, so the most important thing is to "get along" with your therapist. you shouldn't be using the same criteria as when you look for a surgeon, for example. a world-renowned, "critically acclaimed" therapist is useless if you don't have a sense of personal comfort/trust with them. that's all i'm trying to say.

you should really FEEL like you're accomplishing something when you talk to a therapist. but also keep in mind it won't necessarily happen immediately. depending on your personality and what you're trying to overcome, it can be months before you really settle into your therapy. so just make sure to evaluate how things are going at regular intervals -- maybe even do so explicitly /with/ your therapist every nth session.

anyway, i'm still the guy who wants to hijack your thread and is trying to start therapy. but this is my impression of how it works. both my exes did therapy and encouraged me to do it but i haven't started yet. i also have a secret dream of being a therapist myself in some distant future.

the end.
>>
>>17715373

Thanks, i like your view of things, i will probably just do it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.