[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meeting cool people at uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1477166936406.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477166936406.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
Hey, I have been at uni for just over a month and I am having some issues meeting fun people. My flat is full of anti social people, so I mostly go out to societies to meet people. I go to Republicans and Debating. The thing is, while I like these people, they aren't really that cool. Many are autists and are otherwise not all that fun to drink with. I don't want to go to a sports society since my physique is shit and I am working on it through knowledge walks and strict diet control.

How do I meet cool people who can drink?
>>
>>17715209
Push the aspies to go for beers a little bit more, even if they aren't boring they probably have cool friends. the mutual friends channel doesn't require too much effort
>>
>>17715217
I've tried that a bit with mixed results. The thing is that they're usually fine when it comes to politics but they make me cringe otherwise.

I'd like to find some friends to just relax with and party with.
>>
>>17715222
push your flatmates to go out for beers.
>>
>>17715858
I would, but they all go their separate ways.

I wouldn't be posting here if I saw that as a solution.
>>
>>17715209

I don't know how.

I usually just talk to people in class, or at parties, and let my charisma hang out. I get invited to other parties by the people I meet and monkeyrope myself through society until I catch a few that stick.

Incidentally the second guy I used as a primary access point when I started university stuck extremely well, so I guess it's also a matter of luck.
>>
>>17715209
>over a month
Don't worry buddy, it took me about the same time to find the cool people, you sure will.
>>
>>17715871
Yeah, I do know some people I could use like that, maybe I'm just a little impatient?

>>17715895
Thanks for the encouragement.
>>
>>17715903
>Yeah, I do know some people I could use like that, maybe I'm just a little impatient?

possibly. it's also possible your standards are too high.

about people in clubs being aspies:

that's probably true. The way to meet people that aren't aspies with those specific interests is by networking (if you're interested).

the sane folk with active interests don't just join clubs, they act. maybe with politics it's different, but in my circle of interest (business), the select few that have a genuine interest in the subject matter have active moonshot operations. If you talk to enough people you will eventually find out who these people are, and very often you can just hit them up on FB or something, sit down and talk about your respective investments, and the topic often naturally evolves to politics, economy, philosophy, gossip, whatever.

the problem with clubs is that there are a lot of pretenders and phonies. you have to get your information from other parts.
>>
>>17715913
>possibly. it's also possible your standards are too high.

Maybe, maybe i'm a little uptight

>the sane folk with active interests don't just join clubs, they act. maybe with politics it's different,

The clubs I am talking about generally do act, I'm signing up to do competitions in debating, and we pamphlet for the republicans.

I mean, the people are fine for the politics, i'd just like to find normal people too.
>>
>>17715209
Just go to party and meet party people who are regularly there
Theyll respect you most of the time and sometimes interesting enough to be friend
Talk about your interest and see if they know something about it
>>
My roommates never seem to want to hang out with me.

I went to the campus bar alone one night and met a bunch of older students who took me to their apartment and they drank and did coke.

Maybe not the best people to hang out with but you're best method of meeting new people is that I think, I really had troubles otherwise
>>
Play Big 2 with them. Worked for me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.