[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Problems / Prior Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 32155634146.jpg (65KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
32155634146.jpg
65KB, 658x370px
I have never posted here before, but I am majorly in need of advice, I am 18, and I am planning on going into a career of criminal investigation, most likely as a homicide detective. However when I was 15 I sent myself to the mental hospital on 3 seperate occasions claming self harm/suicidal thoughts to escape my parents home due to the nature of my life living there. My question is once I am done with college (around age 26 due to the degree I want) will I be disqualified to join the Police? I have a reasonable explanation as to why I was hospitalized, so do I have any chance? Should I not bring it up and hope the records are gone after that amount of time? Please help me /adv/
Please also note, I was able to qualify for the army, I just didn't give them access to my medical records, I even qualified for jobs requiring Secret Clearance but decided against joining.
>>
>>17715155
self-bump
>>
>>17715155
Idk but from my experience all that information should be private unless you allowed others (parents) to be able to obtain that information if they wanted it. Not sure if it varies by state but inpatient hospital records can't be released unless you allow permission. Check your HIPA rights
>>
>>17715193
so if I tried to become a detective, they cant see those records? and what about the polygraph test?
>>
Well I don't know how it is in your country, but for mine you just have to proof that you are not suffering from any chronic disease during the last 5 years. I am actually in the same exact situation.
>>
>>17715198
If it isn't a big deal, treat as though it isn't a big deal. Just say, yes I self admitted myself to a hospital, but who the fuck cares I was a stupid teenager. At that point in your life (also wtf 8 years of college) that will be 11 years ago.

Imagine currently being judged for something you did when you were 7. No one cares.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.