[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it considered normal to not have any interest in marrying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: 548191256_1280x720.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
548191256_1280x720.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Is it considered normal to not have any interest in marrying or having kids? Like ever?

I'm outwardly a pretty normal guy. I don't really have that much "game" but I'll go out to bars and clubs here and there but again, it's not really my thing. I'd rather stay home, listen to music, read, cook for myself, watch netflix, etc. I've had several one night stands but I've never had a real stable "girlfriend" in my life.

I'm 23, soon to be 24 and an officer in the military, which is (unfortunately for me) a very family oriented. When I make it known that I'm not interested in a wife, kids or even a girlfriend, I am met with reactions that range from puzzled to angry. One of my flightmates wives even told me that not having kids or wanting to marry is "selfish". She even said "what's the point of living if you're not going to have kids"? I think such sentiment is kind of unfair.

This translates to some of my friends as well. It gets somewhat obnoxious when they are always trying to set me up or telling me to go talk to girls in bars. I almost feel like it's not so much about me but my friends wanting to be the "master of hookups" since they are already in relationships. It's a weird dynamic.

I'm not gay or asexual at all, but I honestly have no interest in marrying or having a family. Is something wrong with me?

I was like this prior to joining the military, but all the horror stories in the military of failed marriages, relationships and illegitimate children scare me even more.
>>
Ask her if you can then stick your dick in her. If she says no, tell her to fuck off.
dont do it tho srs.
>>
>>17714922
I don't think anything's wrong with you, but it is a pretty strange view to have. The US military is a cult though, so anyone involved is going to have pretty much the same opinions, and you have a differing one.
>>
>>17714965
in some ways
>>
I'm 23 as well and i don't have the need to build a family either, why are you even worrying about this? you have plenty of time ahead, go live your life and think about it when you start getting old, this is when the game turn in men favor.
>>
File: MARRIAGE1.jpg (102KB, 826x890px) Image search: [Google]
MARRIAGE1.jpg
102KB, 826x890px
>>17714922
>Is it considered normal to not have any interest in marrying or having kids? Like ever?

Not really, but who cares? If being normal means being miserable, is it really worth it?

Take my advice, there's nothing more exhausting than trying to make people like you, and no matter what you do there'll be people telling you you're wrong for doing it, so just do what makes you happy and don't worry about what other people think; it's you that has to live your life, not them.

>One of my flightmates wives even told me that not having kids or wanting to marry is "selfish". She even said "what's the point of living if you're not going to have kids"?

Why do you care what this vapid broodmare thinks? In any case that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but it's not the first time I've heard it.

There is no "point" to living, the earth could fall into the sun and the universe wouldn't even notice. Things don't have to have a point. Life is worth living, life is worth enjoying, it just is, and that's enough.

>I'm not gay or asexual at all, but I honestly have no interest in marrying or having a family. Is something wrong with me?

No, there's nothing "wrong" with you. But like the saying goes, "in an insane world, the sane man seems mad."

Marriage as an institution is, essentially, meaningless nowadays. Divorce and family law is brutally misandric, and your wife can leave you at any time, for any or no reason, and she'll be entitled to no less than half of your assets. Your access to any children you may have will be, de facto, entirely at her convenience.

You have to remember that at least three quarters of the people telling you how wonderful having a family is and how broken you are will be divorced within five years, and as you're in the military, that's a conservative estimate.

No, nothing is wrong with you, you don't see the point in taking a huge risk on something you don't even want in the first place.

(More to follow anon)
>>
File: MARRIAGE2.jpg (417KB, 850x888px) Image search: [Google]
MARRIAGE2.jpg
417KB, 850x888px
>>17714922
>>17715435
(continuing from last post)

Honestly, I'd say you're showing some very good judgment, given your age.

>I was like this prior to joining the military, but all the horror stories in the military of failed marriages, relationships and illegitimate children scare me even more.

Good, you should be scared. The fucked thing about being in the military is you're surrounded by people who cling to tradition, despite the fact that said traditions are failing right in front of them.

The peer pressure is never going to go away. You have to remember that, as a man, society essentially views you as a resource to be used, and, eventually, discarded. Most men lack the self awareness to articulate it like that, but they're aware of it and even embrace it nonetheless, you're "selfish" for not wanting to have kids. You have a "duty" to your country. Etc.

There's nothing the world hates more than a man who embraces a philosophy of self-interest and self-actualization.

I'm speaking from experience. I'm a former 11B who married the first girl I ever fucked, in spite of knowing, deep down, even as a young man, that neither serving, nor monogamy was for me.

Why? "It's just what you do."

My marriage went about as well as could be expected, now I pay child support to my ex-wife for a kid I never get to see and whom calls another man dad. The one silver lining is I got the whole debacle over and done with early enough in life to not be completely ruined financially and to learn from it.

The thing is, I'm not alone. It's harrowing how many young men never ask themselves what makes them happy, it never even occurs to a lot of us that marriage is an *option.* We just find a bitch we can somewhat stand and marry her "because it's what you do" which is one of the worst reasons to do anything.

Like I said, deep down I always knew I was a rogue, a nomad, and that being tied down wasn't for me. Thought something was wrong with me. Did what I was "supposed to do."
>>
File: 1455767552955.jpg (369KB, 1000x823px) Image search: [Google]
1455767552955.jpg
369KB, 1000x823px
>>17715435
>>17715451
Don't be like me, OP. Don't wait until you're pushing 30 to embrace that it's video games, lifting, and traveling the world, fucking Asian qts that makes you happy, and to stop giving a fuck what "people" think.

Let me tell you something about "people," they're over opinionated, under informed, and constantly seeking validation for the choices which have led them to a miserable state of anhedonic compromise.

Misery loves company.

There's sooooo much cliché humor about how miserable marriage makes men, why the hell do we keep doing it? Especially in this age where a wife owes her husband *nothing*? Where our options are vapid, entitled, narcissistic millennial cunts for whom the words "honor" and "faith" are mere abstractions?

Live you life, OP. Nothing is wrong with you. I'd give anything to go back to being 21 with the knowledge I have now, so save yourself some emotional duress and existential self-loathing and stop second guessing yourself.

There's nothing wrong with you. Get used to people talking shit, it's what they do, but just tone it out.

Best of luck, bro.
>>
File: mstchart.jpg (498KB, 1900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mstchart.jpg
498KB, 1900x1440px
>>17715435
>>17715451
>>17715461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sycv9Yqwcak

www.mgtow.com
>>
getting married and kids is pretty fucking stupid IMO
>>
Getting married and having kids is a huge, huge life changer. If you don't think you can handle/enjoy something like that then don't do it. Being single is completely fine. People that put others down or harass you about not getting married and having kids are jerks who can't imagine a happy life being single. There's no need to change your entire life if you have no interest in it. I don't think there's anything wrong with you Anon.
>>
>>17715464
didn't realize MGTOW was a thing
>>
>>17715435
>>17715451
>>17715461
>>17715464
As much as I think most MGTOW are whiny and have ridiculous victim complexes, I totally support the basic idea. This guy has good things to say (mostly. Just ignore the comics he's posted).
>>
I have no interest myself at 24, maybe in 10 or 20 years. My girlfriend has no interest right now either.

It's never been uncommon for there to be people around who never get married or have children. Some of them might have been closet gay guys though.

The most interesting people (historic explorers etc) seem to just to what they want to in life, without any attention going to making babies.
>>
File: 1468200854033.gif (775KB, 700x764px) Image search: [Google]
1468200854033.gif
775KB, 700x764px
Dude, you're fine. Fuck bitchy, brainless broodmares and their husbands who are on the same boat.

Do whatever. Just make sure you enjoy it.
>>
I would like to have kids so i could rape them. Unfotunatley, no girls are interested in me, so i stick with my hentai lolis.

Maybe it's for the best.
>>
File: thefirerises.jpg (34KB, 861x463px) Image search: [Google]
thefirerises.jpg
34KB, 861x463px
>>17715865
>didn't realize MGTOW was a thing
Oh it's a thing. Take heart in the fact that you're not alone, you're not the only one that feels this way. Pic related.

>>17715883
>As much as I think most MGTOW are whiny and have ridiculous victim complexes
It's worth repeating that what people think of MGTOW is irrelevant, that's the entire point. A man living for himself is never going to be a popular thing, women see you and they see someone who refuses to be used, men see you and they see someone who is living a life they could have lived. Envy begits hate, but hate ain't nothing but love disguised as jealousy.

It's also worth distinguishing between MGTOW and MRAs.

Men's Rights Advocates. I don't advocate for anything. It's not because I don't care, or because there is no injustice being done against men, but because to advocate for men's rights is a fool's errand. Society never has and never will give a shit about men. We are the disposable sex. Society literally exists for the protection and benefit of women. That's what it's all about, ultimately.

Society does not, and never will care, about injustice done to men. MRAs aren't telling the world anything it doesn't know, it just. does. not. care.

You can get pissed about it, and be bitter, or you can step back, take a deep breath, and look at the world for what it is, be aware of how the world is, it's many biases and institutions working against you, and take accountability for your own destiny.

I don't ask the world to change for me, because I know it won't. I'm in charge of my life.

MGTOW isn't about being against women, it's about being for yourself, which in society's eyes, is about as bad, but it's worth making the distinction.

(more to follow, anons)
>>
File: onceuponatime.jpg (263KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
onceuponatime.jpg
263KB, 905x1280px
>>17716643
(continuing)

A lot of MGTOW get caught up on anger towards women, and that's ultimately self destructive, and somewhat ironically, defeats the purpose of MGTOW. Don't do that. Women aren't "bad" they're just people, extremely privileged people, and they tend to act accordingly.

Don't hate women. You can still have friendships and meaningful exchanges with women, just realize that for a variety of cultural, legal, and practical reasons, marrying one (or putting yourself in any compromised position in respect to one; children, shared assets, etc.) is an immensely bad idea.

For me, that's really the core idea of MGTOW. Cutting through the bullshit. Having realistic expectations of yourself and others. Not romanticizing or idolizing women.

>This guy has good things to say (mostly. Just ignore the comics he's posted).

Why? Are they unfair? Untrue? You're having a kneejerk reaction to condemn something simply because it doesn't put women in a positive light.
>>
>>17716744
The comics are shit because they ignore a ton of positive experiences.
I'm not saying those things don't happen; they certainly do. There are fucking horrible people out there. But presenting a situation like that as "marriage in the 21st century" is dishonest, at the very least. There are lots of people who are happy and fulfilled in their marriages. Never allowing yourself to be in a compromised position to any other person limits your experience in a really sad and drastic way. Lots of fantastic life experiences are impossible without vulnerability.

Again, I'm sure that there are lots of people who are totally independent and are quite happy, and that's fantastic. I am genuinely happy for them. But to say that anyone who gets married must either be unhappy or deluded is just plain wrong.
>>
I'm jealous OP. I wish I had no desire. All I want to do is have a husband and a baby. For what? People suck. I wish I felt like you do.
>>
>>17716770
(continuing)
To be clear, I am the guy who says he supports the idea of MGTOW. Because I respect that there are lots of people who do not want to be married, who would be less happy if they were, and I agree that there's a huge social pressure to do it anyway, because it's for some reason antisocial to suggest that hey, maybe not everyone wants that. I also agree that divorce laws are biased in favour of women.

I just think it's stupid to argue that all men who get married are somehow defeated or miserable. That falls into the same trap, just on the opposite side. Different people are made happy by different things.
>>
>>17714922
i share your perspective
to hell with the opinions of others
everyone judges circumstances differently. fuck anyone who looks down on you for avoiding something you consider to be dangerous or unwise
>>
>>17714922
Hey anon, I'm at Graf right now. Don't feel pressured to marry. Yes I am married, and even though we are dual military we did it because we wanted to. Six years strong. I found my spouse when I stopped looking. We were friends before and actually have a lot in common. Even if she is a commo leg.

As an officer you can't let everyone influence you. So what if everyone else is married? It gives you more time to try out for selection or go to white slip without attachments.

Do you ever see the other officers or your ncos that have like five kids and three failed marriages? It makes me cringe. A soldier in my unit had just got caught sleeping with his battles wife. You can't make this shit up, it's so fucking pathetic.

You shouldn't be afraid of dating just because they fail, thats life. Failure makes a great soldier, because at least it tells me you tried.

One more thing, why the fuck are you sharing your personal views on marriage? It's honestly no ones business but yours. If you feel so offended stop talking about it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>17716770
>I'm not saying those things don't happen; they certainly do. There are fucking horrible people out there. But presenting a situation like that as "marriage in the 21st century" is dishonest, at the very least.
Exceptions don't disprove the rule, and you're completely missing the point, that point being, that marriage is essentially dead as an institution. It's no longer something worthy of respect, it's lost all meaning.

It's a tradition in a very non traditional world. There's no covenant, it's just a thing to do, there's zero legal or social ramifications for failing to uphold your vows.

For fuck's sake anon, we live in a time where there's zero shame associated with being a single mother.

The overwhelming majority of marriages are essentially a celebration of female narcissism which often ends in a man being ruined financially and emotionally.

The comics are pretty simplistic, but the main point of "no-fault divorce is a thing, and the modern woman believe "I wasn't happy" is a perfectly acceptable reason to destroy a family" still stands.

It's not "dishonest." This shit can and does happen. Frequently. More often than not, actually.

>Never allowing yourself to be in a compromised position to any other person limits your experience in a really sad and drastic way
You know what else limits your experience? Investing yourself in a person, in every way you possibly can, only for them to grow bored of you one day and destroy everything you've built.

And society not only allows this, but endorses it.

>Again, I'm sure that there are lots of people who are totally independent and are quite happy, and that's fantastic. I am genuinely happy for them

Well that's who this thread is about/for, and it's also about OP's question of "I kind of like doing what I want to do all the time, and I don't feel a desire to marry, and I'm facing enormous social pressure to change, is there something wrong with me?"
>>
>>17716812
>You can't make this shit up, it's so fucking pathetic.
I fucked dudes wives all the time when I was in the service, it's not my job to keep them faithful.
>>
>>17716812
>One more thing, why the fuck are you sharing your personal views on marriage? It's honestly no ones business but yours. If you feel so offended stop talking about it you fucking faggot.
They probably asked him when he was planning on getting married, you imbecile. Try thinking for once in your life.
>>
>>17716842
that question is incredibly common in military circles
>>
File: IMG_5482.jpg (125KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5482.jpg
125KB, 1252x1252px
>>17714922

I'm a 24 yo autist that just wants to give up.in the past I dreamed of having a wife and family. I got rejected by the woman of my dreams and it just seems like it's not worth it. My whole life I've been shit with women. If I just don't think about it and tell myself it's not worth it my happiness drastically increases.

My problem is I'm an only child and would be crushed if I let my parents down.
>>
>>17717094
>I got rejected by the woman of my dreams and it just seems like it's not worth it
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oneitis

She's not special, and who cares if she rejects you? There's billions more where she came from, billions you haven't even met yet.

>My whole life I've been shit with women
Practice makes perfect anon. Get in touch with some PUA in your area, go out with them, talk to them, put yourself out there.

Remember what I said about having realistic expectations of yourself and others earlier? Stop idealizing women, it's not fair to them or yourself. Go out, find an attractive girl, and talk to her. If she rejects you, just move on to the next.

To put it in perspective, I only end up bedding around two out of every ten girls I approach, but then again, I've had sex with close to three hundred women (I stopped keeping count at 100).

>My problem is I'm an only child and would be crushed if I let my parents down.
Let them down how? It's your life, not theirs. If they really cared about having grandchildren they'd have had more kids.
>>
>>17716862
Can confirm. The military is full of extremely rude people.
>>
>>17717094

Read this again >>17717207

He is right anon. I'm not an 'autist' but inn my case The one I loved died young I wasn't able to handle such tramatic loss. ( I was going to marry her around 20. )

After that. I just gave up, I couldn't fit/meet or didn't like or they didn't like me. I'm an only child too, 33 now. I doubt I'll have kids. ( I'm also only male inn the entire family. ) That anon about they should have had more kids/tried to have more males certainly applies too me.

I hate being seen as the child bearer/name holder. I didn't ask to be born or be born male in a family that expects me to deliver. I mean i could die any moment, or had died at birth or anytime in the past. ( So now, I am totally responsible for passing the family and name on. )

This doesn't help me either. But anyway. I gave up fuck what the family wants. I am happy being alone. No one to bother me.
>>
File: chains.jpg (89KB, 612x870px) Image search: [Google]
chains.jpg
89KB, 612x870px
>>17717368
>"Game" is bullshit, sorry to tell you that
This is what losers who "settle down" and resign themselves to fucking one rapidly aging harpy for the rest of their lives believe.

>Obviously someone like Roosh V or Tyler RSD (if you know who those are) get girls - yes
Yes they do, with game, and because men who practice game tend to be very confident and sure in themselves. Bitches like guys that aren't thirsty or beta.

>But they also have spent THEIR ENTIRE LIVES
Roosh has been a student and a scientist for most of his adult life; he's been a PUA for just shy of a decade.

David Bond has been at it for what, three years? At most? His story is mad inspiring though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsAUorLKQps

He's just a regular guy who realized he wasn't happy one day and did something about it. Anybody can do what he did, that's the beauty of it, you just have to say "fuck it" and stop worrying about what people think for two seconds.

>crafting this routine of getting girls, and only in specific scenarios - i.e., bars
Patently false, you are officially confirmed for talking out of your ass; day game is the best game.

>Fuck off, you're manchildren
So says the internet tough guy insulting a social movement that threatens his self-image, and which he clearly knows little to nothing about.

>A real man
Institutionalized misandry, but go on

>does things to improve himself, and through that will inherently develop the qualities that will attract women.
First thing you've said that wasn't cringe; yes, self improvement leads to success with women HOWEVER

>You've got to realise what sort of play you're going to make for women.
Success with women is incidental, you don't do it for them.

>You've got to choose the path that you think will give you the best success with women
I prefer the path that leads to happiness and personal growth, there's more to life than women. Jesus dude, you are beta as fuck.

(more to come, cuckboy)
>>
>>17717641
I am so glad I decided to stop engaging in this thread
>>
File: blewmymind.jpg (99KB, 1021x471px) Image search: [Google]
blewmymind.jpg
99KB, 1021x471px
>>17717641
>>17717368
>Just realised I didn't read any of the rest of your post.
Do you typically offer a rebuttal before you've heard an idea in it's entirety? Think before you speak, kiddo.

>because I'm a lazy depressed shit
And you're offering life tips and criticizing the success and happiness of others because...? You're one of those people who can't admit when they don't know anything about a given subject, and so you just make noise, aren't you?

"What will women think" is almost a non-factor in everything I do, I'm fun, confident, charismatic, and sure of myself, and everything else just sort of falls into place.

People can either like me or don't, I don't much care, I don't ask, and I wouldn't trade the happiness that comes with living for myself for anything.

I approach frequently, and bed roughly 1 out of every 5 girls I approach, if it doesn't work out I move on, no big deal. I get laid a lot, and it's done wonders for my networking.

Compare this to your proposed method (which is sadly typical amongst blue pill males) of letting your desire to attract a woman, any woman, just one... please? dictate your every move, and you tell me who's winning @ life, kiddo.

Sucks don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit.
>>
>>17717641
>This is what losers who "settle down" and resign themselves to fucking one rapidly aging harpy for the rest of their lives believe.

aahaha i pit you, you're the reason they still make money
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.