[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: welcome to the neethk.jpg (160KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the neethk.jpg
160KB, 704x400px
Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17709869

>Discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things! All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing or spamming. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned. Spamming will result in temporary loss of text privileges.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4.The #support channel is for advice only. Check #rules for a description of all other channels and rules.

=======================================

Self-help resources: http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
File: image.png (753KB, 791x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
753KB, 791x786px
Bumping blumpkin
>>
What's a good haircut for lanklets? Post pictures?
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 532x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 532x533px
Well I doubt it matters how I got here so let's just jump into where I am now.

>socially retarded
>failed at making friends through Jr high to high school
>dropped out of school didn't know what I wanted to do
>wanted to become an animator like a faggot
>didn't finish school so won't get accepted to any art schools

Fast forward to now
>22 almost 23 years
>everyone my age having real careers or half way through college
>I'm still sitting on my ass drawing anime
>still a friendless fat fuck

I was too fucking autistic to realize I needed school when I was a teenager. Now I'm getting old and I haven't done shit and no one even knows I exist.

I don't even know what I want to do in life. Let alone what I can do now that I've missed out on school.

I'm a female. No one talks to me and when people do talk to me I act like a timid piece of shit who will cry if I have to say more than 5 words to someone. How the fuck does a woman become this autistic. I don't even know where to begin in life because I'm a fat slob with no education who still lives with their parents.
>>
File: 1475607154455.jpg (1008KB, 2829x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1475607154455.jpg
1008KB, 2829x3000px
>>17715888
Holy shit. If I didn't know any better, I'd think someone spied on me and made this post to make me paranoid.
Anxiety's a bitch to deal with, I personally still have no idea how to deal with this because I suffer from it myself... but I can help out with other parts of your problem.
>fat
Keep a food diary and count your calories. You're going to have to spend some time with a calculator and browse myfitnesspal.com to check the amount of calories in the food you usually eat. Girls' recommended daily caloric intake is 1200 kcal, if I remember right
Don't drink soda and fruit juice (those juices they sell at the supermarkets are basically watered down syrup, too much sugar) and drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
Since you're a girl, you could do cardio to aid in losing weight. I suggest jogging around town during the daytime, but if you're as self-conscious as I am, you could do that early in the morning. >>>/fit/ has some good resources in their sticky for this sort of thing, so make sure you get a good read of that and put it to work. Pic-related is a set of bodyweight exercises that you could use to supplement with your cardio, so save it for when you start.
>dont know where to begin with life
>no education
If you don't know what to do yet, the best you can do is financially prepare yourself for the future. Since you've dropped out of school, you should at least qualify for a minimum wage job. The ones I could think of the top off my head are warehouse clerks and jobs at restaurants (dishwasher, food chopper, etc.).
You seem to have gone pretty far with drawing, so if you can, keep a blog for it. This can serve as an online portfolio for when you have enough working experience to get another job. You can apply at companies as a junior designer if you work well with digital art. I've had a sibling who was almost hired for the job even though the poor dude only worked 2 jobs in food and beverage
Best of luck in finding out what you want to do.
>>
>>17715818
iktf
>>
>>17715888
1/2
Work on going outside. Start taking walks every day, they'll help you get out of the house and get exercise/sunlight which is really good for fighting depression. It'll also give you a sense of accomplishment if you manage to do it and let you begin to practice making polite eye contact and half-smiling with people you pass in a way that's "safe" where you don't have to interact with them. Go to parks and other places where you can sit and enjoy nature in relative isolation for a while. It's really good to relax and just decompress like that. If that's too much for you to keep up with sometimes, try sitting outside on your porch and exercising at home on days you can't.

Once you get the hang of that start going into stores to window shop. If someone comes up asking you if you need help you can pretend you're looking for something in particular (something big that it'd be reasonable not to purchase that day, like a TV or piece of furniture) to practice your social skills a little. After a while they ask if you'd like to check out yet, say no thank you, that you want to look around at some other things first. And they'll leave you alone. Look around for a while and leave.

Once you can handle bare minimum socializing without wanting to break down, go get your GED. I'm not going to say it'll be easy, because it won't be. It'll be a lot more major socializing than you'll be used to and at first it'll be incredibly stressful. I went through the same thing when I managed to get a job, and I constantly felt like I couldn't do it. But those thoughts are wrong. By the time you're in that position you have learned to adapt quite heavily, and you have enough of the basic tools to get you where you're going. Afterwards use the GED to launch yourself into a part time job or college, whichever you prefer. Either would be great to practice socializing and improve yourself.
>>
File: doitnow.png (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
doitnow.png
115KB, 640x640px
>>17716243
2/2
In addition to the above, all throughout focus on changing your mindset. If you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, force them to stop and correct them. Assert that they're not true and then come up with concrete reasons as to why they're wrong, or if they are true come up with a way that is kinder to yourself to word it. Start complimenting yourself about something - appearance, a thing you take pride in, whatever it doesn't matter - once daily in the mirror, aloud.

If you're still interested in art you could also try /ic/ to improve your art as a pet project. Daily serious practice will get you very far, even without college. You could start taking commissions from people too to earn a bit of spare cash in a way that doesn't involve interacting with people more than online.

The pastebin also has lots of great resources on dealing with anxiety, depression, insecurities, withdrawing, and other issues. I can't recommend you check it out enough. Getselfhelp in particular is worth taking a look at, but almost anything on there is worth at least looking through to see if any of it applies to you. I was where you were in a lot of ways only two years ago. I'd been a NEET for nearly a decade and a hikikomori on and off throughout. I finished school, but never went to college and never had a job. I was afraid to leave the house because - god forbid - my neighbors would notice and comment on the fact they hadn't seen me in so long and there was nothing more terrifying than being noticed and worried over because it meant judgement. I know it's really scary and difficult to change. But I've made it as far as I have, I've had a job for one and a half years now and my social skills have been improving steadily because of it.

>Now I'm getting old and I haven't done shit and no one even knows I exist.
Pic related. It was the OP of the last thread and it's very relevant. Good luck, keep us posted on your recovery.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.